Which side does the film go under the tongue? Imprint up or facing outwards

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
ZenTrip
Power Poster
Power Poster

Which side does the film go under the tongue? Imprint up or facing outwards

Post by ZenTrip »

So I’ve been trying to achieve successful results with Suboxone, usually one 8mg strip per day.

Just now, at the time of writing, I tried to administer the film on the left side of my tongue. Imprint side facing outwards.
It didn’t do much of anything…almost disintegrated into nothing.

This is compared to my usual form of dosing, on the right side of the tongue with the imprint side resting against the tongue.

So can this now be taken as official recommendation?
Right side of the tongue, imprint side resting against the tongue instead of facing outwards with the N8 logo. The N8 logo should go on or against the tongue, instead of the blank side, correct?
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which side does the film go under the tongue? Imprint up or facing outwards

Post by suboxdoc »

It makes no difference. Nothing happens until the film dissolves and releases free buprenorphine.
ZenTrip
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by ZenTrip »

And, how can I ensure optimal absorption of the film?
The pills seem more substantial.
They are solid, and thus would take longer be much more noticeable dissolving in our mouths under the tongue.

So far, administering the 8mg sublingual film, I’ve found it to be helpful taking the whole strip at once, instead of breaking it apart into smaller pieces. Unless necessary for taper reasons, it even says do not cut, chew or swallow on the package.

However, despite not eating before or after, having a clean tongue with a fresh mouth, I often find myself feeling underwhelmed even on 8mg of Suboxone film.

I know you talk about buprenorphine only becoming active as a liquid. So how can we mix with our saliva in time? I’ll put it under my tongue, usually in front of a mirror to ensure proper placement. After some roots have taken hold, I’ll close my mouth. The medication will make contact with the surface, but only momentarily until something psychological tells me I lost most of the bioavailability.
suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc »

Good questions -- the stuff I used to love writing about!
Read this: https://www.suboxonetalk.com/optimizing ... bsorption/

Good luck. Pleasse use whatever you can on social media (I don't use it much) to let others know we are up again here.

Thanks -- Dr. J