Covid-19 blues

Unmoderated debate about buprenorphine, recovery, treatment approaches, addiction... But keep it clean!
DanOhioAwesome
Power Poster
Power Poster

Covid-19 blues

Post by DanOhioAwesome » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:58 pm

Sooo..
I was vaccinated with my first dose end of March and a month later (end of April) my 2nd dose. (Moderna)

I went all last year not catching covid. Never had to stop working because I was "essential". My wife and I believe she actually had it back in December 2019 before any of us knew what covid was. I some how didn't catch it.

I left my job July 30th a complete career change and now a full time substitute teacher. I'm currently getting my education license in the meantime so that I can be hired as a legit teacher.

Anyways I ended up catching covid from the kindergarten I subbed for. Had to be according to contact tracing.

So the worst I had it was a fever for a couple days, exhaustion, congestion and loss of taste and smell for a couple days. It has been a couple weeks and all is back to normal except I do get tired quicker after physical stuff. So all in all I think the vaccine worked so that I wasn't worse off.

I guess I'm just putting thoughts to digital paper. One thing I noticed was during my first 3 days at my worse laying on the couch in our spare room/game room. Maybe it was in my head but I just didnt have the usual mental/physical clock telling me it's time for my Suboxone dose. I just remember thinking why am I not having the usual "welp it's time to take my meds"?

I don't know I guess there isn't a real reason for this post just that I didn't have craving for like 3 days. 🤷🏼‍♂️🙂

Hope everyone is all good!

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Covid-19 blues

Post by docm2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi Dan, you remind me of a couple of folks I am supporting in their recovery: smart, introspective and doing well.
Our hospital system's experience is similar to yours. If vaccinated; people tend to not get sick. We currently have 75 in the hospital with Covid, none of the 15 on ventilators were vaccinated. None of the deaths in the last 6 weeks have been vaccinated. Of the 75 in the hospital, 3 were vaccinated and they have significant comordidities which will probably kill them before Covid does.
Glad you are back and being Awesome in Ohio.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:39 pm

Funny you mention that weird thing about not thinking about the next dose of Suboxone. Same thing happened to me when I had Covid-19 last December. At the time I wasn't vaccinated so it ended up lasting almost two full weeks of feeling like crap. They say I had the mild case but I've never been sick for so long. Even the flu only takes up a week of feeling lousy. Had a low grade fever for 12 straight days. Lost 10 lbs., and did not even think about taking my normal Suboxone dose. It felt like I just did it because I was supposed to. Actually wondered if I would have even had w/d symptoms or not. Probably would have. During all that time all I did was sit in my recliner or sleep. Couldn't concentrate to read or even watch tv. Thinking about food or even drinking water made me feel nauseous. Hope I never get it again. Glad to know you are okay.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:40 am

Nice to hear from you Dan, but wish it was for a different reason. Hope you feel better soon. I'm on the computer this morning to schedule my booster.... got the first two back in February so....

Of my midwestern patients, I would estimate that 20% are vaccinated, if that. It isn't a popular concept in my area. I always recommend it to patients and believe it is safer than going unvaccinated, but I do not think that mandating it is the right thing to do. I've heard many people say that the reason they aren't getting it is because they feel so pressured that they don't trust the government on the issue.

Oh -- I also took ivermectin during 2020, following the protocols at http://www.flccc.net . Did it help? I have no idea. But it was cheap -- one dose per week for prophylaxis -- and it came from a pharmacy, for humans. It is much more than a 'horse dewormer'!

mcmillens
New Poster
New Poster

Post by mcmillens » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:30 am

Evidence-informed decision-making is essential for improving the health and well-being of populations, and the COVID-19 pandemic has recently put a bright spotlight on the evidence–policy–society nexus. The newly published Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet) Call for Action charts the way forward for systematic and improved evidence-informed health policy-making towards more resilient, equitable and sustainable global health, both for future emergencies and recurring political and societal challenges. The Call for Action was developed through an iterative process with global EVIPNet members and launched at the WHO Evidence-to-Policy Summit held from 15-17 November 2021. During the Summit, key stakeholders expressed strong support for the Call for Action, including representatives from the Cochrane Library, the Asian Development Bank, the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, and the Evidence for Policy and Practice Information and Co-ordinating Centre (EPPI-Centre), among others. examples of telemedicine technology http://curogram.com/blog/telemedicine-california
“We hope that using evidence in policy will be the norm rather than the exception”, said Jorge Barreto of EVIPNet Brazil, stressing that the Call for Action also marks a shift in culture among policy-makers and actors of the evidence ecosystem. Kerry Albright from UNICEF’s Office of Research Innocenti emphasized that “whole-of-society approaches and collaboration across sectors and the evidence ecosystem are needed to better tackle the future health emergencies”.
Stakeholders also noted the Call for Action’s alignment with the United Nations Research Roadmap for the COVID-19 Recovery, Cochrane Convenes, and the Global Commission on Evidence to Address Societal Challenges. Senior leaders of several stakeholder organisations and partner institutions committed to forming a new partner coalition for sustainable evidence-policy-society-systems to implement the Call for Action.
The call explicitly invites governments, intergovernmental organizations such as United Nations system organizations, international financial institutions and other key stakeholders to join the WHO Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet) and commit to 16 concrete steps towards better evidence-informed decision-making. The four main sections focus on (1) institutionalizing structures and processes to support evidence-informed decision-making, (2) using high-quality norms, standards and tools promoting evidence-informed decision-making, (3) striving to ensure national and international capacity for the translation and use of evidence in decision-making, and (4) striving to ensure that evidence is accessible, timely and relevant for policy-making, especially in emergency situations.
The World Health Organization encourages governments, intergovernmental organizations and other key stakeholders to support EVIPNet to put in place implementation plans and dedicated resources for each of these four main recommendations.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:01 pm

Mc, first post and I really wonder if you will check back. You were here all of three minutes so I doubt if you read much here.
Was it your job to add this cut and paste to every site that has mentioned COVID? A brief google search will find this exact post on other sites. While interesting, your post really had nothing to add to the discourse here.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Thanks docm2. I would delete it but it is in the Freestyle section and we tend to leave this one alone. At least we got a post this week!
Don't take yourself so damn seriously