Restless arms—Help!

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
jbwell
Average Poster
Average Poster

Restless arms—Help!

Post by jbwell »

It’s been 10 days since I stopped taking Suboxone. I tapered pretty quickly from 1.5 mg to under .3 mg over a 5 week period. I was definitely in low grade withdrawal about half the time, so I just went for it.

Days 1-7 were pretty rough, and then it seemed to get worse on day 8. I went to see my doc, and she prescribed me clonidine patch .2 mg. It’s been just over a day since applying it.

I had some restless arms earlier on, but they always ended after a couple of hours. Last night, they started around 9:00 and didn’t stop until 4:00 in the morning. It was torture. Tonight, they are back again. I’m exhausted, but can’t even come close to sleeping because I am flopping like a fish out of water.

I actually have RLS as an underlying condition, and it has come back since stopping Suboxone. They put me back on Sinemet, which was the first medication I ever took for RLS and it seems to be controlling my legs. It doesn’t stop the arms at all though.

When should this stop? Any tips on controlling them? They only happen at night when I lie down. I can take a mid day nap without getting them. They are easily the worst withdrawal symptom.

Would appreciate any help.
suboxen
Average Poster
Average Poster

Re: Restless arms—Help!

Post by suboxen »

only thing that ever helped me was a hot tub, ive slept over noight in the tub before.
jr315
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Restless arms—Help!

Post by jr315 »

My only withdrawal is agitation/restlessness and it starts very subtle after skipping one day. It gets worse each day and when I lie down I notice it way more. I wish more was known about this because it's far worse than regular flu-like opiate withdrawals.