Vertical or horizontal placement?

Anything about buprenorphine that doesn't fit somewhere above, fit it here!
ZenTrip
One Month or More
One Month or More

Vertical or horizontal placement?

Post by ZenTrip » Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Upon retrieving the Suboxone sublingual film from its packaging, do you tend to place it in a vertical or horizontal position?

The reason I ask is because I’ve been used to cutting my films into smaller pieces, which lowers the mg and also provides multiple doses throughout the day, instead of just the one.

However, I noticed on the packaging itself, it says not to cut, chew, or swallow. Thus, I’d like to get in the habit of taking the whole 8mg strip at a time.

Still, questions remain in regards to bioavailability and proper absorption methods

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vertical or horizontal placement?

Post by suboxdoc » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Keep in mind that buprenorphine does NOTHING until it is dissolved into solution. So the placement of the film doesn't really matter, because at that point the buprenorphine is just stuck there.

ZenTrip
One Month or More
One Month or More

Re: Vertical or horizontal placement?

Post by ZenTrip » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Thank you for the reply, suboxdoc!
It’s always nice to get the official opinion from the doctor.

For me, as soon as I close my mouth and am no longer staring in the mirror at the strips dissolving under my tongue, the saliva almost washes everything away. I’ve heard others complain of this as well, that saliva only gets in the way.
That’s why some recommend to start with a dry mouth!
It’s surprising to hear you say buprenorphine is only active when mixed with saliva, it being a water-soluble molecule and all...