Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

What dose of Suboxone do you take? Does your buprenorphine wear off? Do you have opioid withdrawal symptoms?
Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 am

I have had 4 injections now and have to say they are the way to go!! For the first 2 months, I felt a little bit flat in the last few days before the needle but I was still able to work well as a painter. But the last 2 injections have been much better with no withdrawals at all really.

Advantages - $30 a month. I was paying up to $170 a month on suboxone. Keep in mind I live in Australia so I don't know how much it will cost you.

Stigma - No having to go to the pharmacy every day and be looked down upon by some customers and one particular bitch who won't even serve people like us.

Side Effects- Barely any except for itchiness for 2 days after the needle.

Disadvantages - Having to rely on the pharmacy to call me when my script reaches them so I can pay for it and then they can fill it and courier it to my nextstep place. Last time, I had to call them as they forgot to call me, LOL! Luckily, it got there just in time for my appointment. Now I'm going to use my phone calendar to alert me 5 days before my appointment so human error is minimalized.

The sting!! - The pain is about an 8 out of 10 and lasts for about 10 minutes. But, the buvidal kicks in and the pain is no more.😀
I guess it's to be expectant as they are injecting a whole months worth into me.

Final Verdict - ITS no different to suboxone except for the fact I no longer feel withdrawals after the first 2 months so it's better than suboxone as I feel great now for many days. With suboxone, I felt flat on the second day often when I was dosing every 2 days. I even felt flat hours before dosing every day. With the buvidal, it keeps my levels up.
I am saving a lot of money too. Suboxone is so expensive but $30 a month for Buvidal was a god send. I feel far less depression as a result of being able to afford it now comfortably.
Not having to drive to the pharmacy and walk the walk of shame is a godsend too. Mind you, all of the girls and guys at the pharmacy didn't judge me except for one. But there is always one, right?

If you can get buvidal for cheap then I say do it.

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Buvidal Injections are Working Great!

Post by docm2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:08 am

Thanks for the update R cubed.
Buvidal is not available but Sublocade is getting similar reviews, except the USA cash price is over $1000. I'll save my rant regarding costs for social media.
Our practice finally got started a couple of months ago. The red tape was draconian, hoops with the DEA, Indivior and my own administration.
Glad to hear you are doing well!

KJ1973
New Poster
New Poster

Post by KJ1973 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:43 am

HI,
I'm on my first month of the injection. It's going okay but 'cos I was used to going to the chemist daily for Suboxone dosing, I feel kind of lost.
Did you find that your first dose of the injection lasted less than the full month?
Cheers
KJ

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:23 am

Pharmacologically the Mu receptors remain saturated. Some perspective, once at steady state (3 or more injections) there will be BUP present for up to 6 months.
I think you are correct in thinking there is a behavioral component to what you are experiencing. One of the down sides of dosing once or twice a day is the behavior is reinforcing and now you have to do something else.
Perhaps a 10 minute meditation, yoga or reading when you would normally dose would be helpful?

All that said some people will dose a few times the first month, but if you are overseas (I'm in the USA) and dosing at a chemist I don't know if that would be possible.

Ryan Ryan Ryan
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ryan Ryan Ryan » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi KJ.
It took me 3 months to get used to it and yes, there were some mild withdrawals generally experienced in the week before dosing again. If it concerns you, speak to your doctor about it as he may allow you some suboxone strips prior to your next injection or he may allow you to have the injection again earlier than 28 days as I was allowed in the first 2 months.
I also found that injections in the tummy worked best and injections in the arm worked less best but now it doesn't matter as it has built up well on my system over the last 11 months. Stick with it as it does get easier once you get to the 4th injection. Much easier in fact.

TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by TeeJay » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:02 am

That's awesome. They've been a game changer for me too.

However I"m increasing my dose next week I think. Need to get a handle on a life that's a bit unbalanced at the moment.

sassypsych1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by sassypsych1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Where I'm from UK, you can have a top up of around 8ml d you're feeling shitty before your month is up. Kits worth checking with your doctor to see if you're allowed it if that's what you're scared of; I'm on 96 currently but going up to 128 because it's not holding me. I'm on the 3mkth and 2nd month has been my worst yet towards the end. I do agree that buvidal is a godsend tho! Should be widely available to everyone who struggle! Free!

zackyums
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by zackyums » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:52 am

I didn't take buprenorphine with the painkiller goal. I have personally used buprenorphine to treat my opioid addiction, and I can say that it has been incredibly effective. I have been able to stay clean and sober for over two years now, and I credit a large part of that to this medication. Thankfully to guys from medbasic.co.uk, I received free syringes and needles. It's not easy at all to deal with an addiction, especially when you're on your own. Hence I'm grateful to everyone who handed me a helping hand. Cheers.