Day 14

How to stop Suboxone? How long should I be on buprenorphine? Is Suboxone withdrawal bad? How do I detox?
IVHADIT
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 14

Post by IVHADIT » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:55 am

I came here looking for support and understanding, and to encourage and support others. When trying to register I had difficulties, much to my surprise I had already joined in 2011, but gave up stopping quickly after trying to go cold with no taper. My taper this time even though I jumped the gun is going much better..

I always was more comfortable with pills as compared to the strips :D . They made the taper more difficult but as I reduced the doctor wrote the script for the small 2 mg pills, that made it easier..

I reduced from 16 down to 4MG daily, on my last Dr visit in a moment of courage I told the doctor to cut the dosage in half, I walked out of the pharmacy, looked into that bottle , seeing only 30 small pills, my stomach turned. :roll: Not sure if I did the right thing I knew in the back of my head, if I ran short, I had options.

Not sure if everyone is exactly the same but for most of my life the dosage as printed on the bottle meant nothing to me, this last prescription was not different, by day 20, I had crumbs left..That was 14 days ago..

No need to explain to anyone tuning in here what the last 2 weeks have been like, but I highly recommend heated socks, they came in the mail a few days ago, wish I had them sooner..The real nightmare currently is the insomnia, energy levels are for shit, going to drag myself to a meeting ..first one in 12 years..I love everyone out there, do what you gotta do, they tell me I will feel better than ever one day soon, I need to believe that..Peace

rule62

Re: Day 14

Post by rule62 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:48 pm

We wish you the best in your struggle to get off Buprenorphine. Too bad you couldn't have gotten some 2 mg films as they are very easy to taper from. It seems you have a decent will to stop and have succeeded so far. Insomnia sucks as does the rest of the symptoms that go with w/d.

Hang in there and keep posting your progress.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:19 am

Heated socks sounds like a dang good invention! Good luck and try to remember this is only temporary. I know insomnia alone is a huge battle, but you can do this!
Jennifer

IVHADIT
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by IVHADIT » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 am

Thanks for the replies...holding strong but feeling weak. I know I am better than I was several days ago, but the overwhelming depression and anxiety, coupled with the insomnia and complete lack of appetite causes me to Not see things clearly.

A decade plus of doing this shit and I want to be all better in two weeks, I’m starting to think I was being unrealistic..

I hope everyone is doing well, I really appreciate the encouraging words, Peace.

IVHADIT
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by IVHADIT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:36 am

Slept Last Night..two 3 hr sessions...still lacking energy, depression, general feeling like shit..but a faint glimmer of hope.

IVHADIT
Average Poster
Average Poster

Post by IVHADIT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Highlight of the day, had an appointment with my Sub DR scheduled, was a little nervous about going. I could have easily walked out today with a months prescription. He was aware and had been tapering me down, but my stoppage date was never specified.

Well I walked in, approached the reception area and looked at the three women who have been working with me at this office for about six years..She handed me the urine sample cup, and without thinking I said “I won’t need that today, I’m just here to say goodbye”

The look of shock , surprise , and joy on their faces was enough to lift my mood , and confirm that I was doing the right thing. My doctor had a similar response. I walked out of the office feeling like a returning hero, it was weird, but great..

I almost cancelled my appointment today, I felt so unmotivated and depressed, at my wife’s encouragement , I jumped in the car and off I went. I am so glad I did this today, Peace..Thanks for establishing this place..I will update...

jennjenn

Post by jennjenn » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:03 pm

I’m sure those ladies and your doctor are very proud of you! It isn’t every day they get that response either! I hope you feel better and better each day and I hope your depression eases up. Good luck and please update regularly!
Jennifer

Bentakessubs
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Bentakessubs » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Im going through something very similar right now. Keep it up. Eat healthy food. Exercise. I take trazadone for sleep, that helps. Withdrawal can be so much worse when you’re sleep deprived. But there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it up.

💚 - B