Sublocade now that it's been out for awhile

Unmoderated debate about buprenorphine, recovery, treatment approaches, addiction... But keep it clean!
DanOhioAwesome
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sublocade now that it's been out for awhile

Post by DanOhioAwesome » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello everyone! Hope your days are stress free leading up to the holidays! These weeks were always my worst during my addiction to oxy. Anyways ...

So now that Sublocade has been around for awhile is there anyone that has been using it for over 6 months and cares to talk about how it's been throughout? I'm very interested in switching to Sublocade. When it first came out my insurance for the most part would cover it but at the time obviously it hadn't been out long enough for me to jump right into it. I guess I wanted to let other people be the guinni pigs. I feel I will get a better and personal understanding of it on a forum like this than reading numbers from clinical trials.

Ultimately I think that it would be great to not have to take anyting and feel great everyday. My biggest concern since it was approved for the market was what if my body runs through it faster and I run out a week before my next injection? I didn't want to have to deal with things like that. Etc Etc..

Anyways if anyone can share their experiences that would be great. Have a great day.

pamelaparker
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Sublocade now that it's been out for awhile

Post by pamelaparker » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 am

This is not my personal story. One of my very close relative face this challenge and I want to share with you. He is adult. It is about 5 month past. Sublocade was given to him who have started addiction treatment with an oral form of buprenorphine placed under the tongue or inside the cheek. After taking it for 1 week (or less), Sublocade blocked the rewarding effects of opioids. He has been stooped to using oral buprenorphine for at least 7 days in a row before starting Sublocade. As he has a little breathing trouble, doctor gave him some inhaler (Preventing Inhaler). He has given Sublocade in injected form under the skin once per month. He is doing perfect only a light-headed feeling which he can tolerate.

DanOhioAwesome
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by DanOhioAwesome » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:17 pm

I have to be honest and trying to be polite and not rude but I feel like I'm being trolled or a marketing "bot" responded to me. The fact that you're explaining what buprenorphine is on this website is what confuses me.

Regardless thanks I guess..if anyone else that can give me a more in depth response to their sublocade experience that would be great!

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Hopefully others will respond too.... but I can guarantee we have no 'marketing bots' here. We have moderators, some who work in the addiction field. But I started this forum on my own, with no input or money from any company. Reckitt Benckiser, the company that had Suboxone before spinning off Indivior, contacted me about 10 years ago and warned me that if I sell merchandise, they would block my use of the name on the forum... so I quit selling t-shirts on Cafe Press (actually nobody ever bought one!).

Sublocade is just buprenorphine. It is injected in a matrix that slowly releases over time, which I assume you already know. Outside of pain at the injection site, people feel exactly the same as they do taking buprenorphine, i.e. they don't really feel anything. It still isn't used all that much, so I don't know if anyone else here has experience with it.

No bots though.

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Funny Dan.... I wasn't sure where you got the idea that the post above yours was spam, but I got a post from the same person on one of my other sites, www.suboxdocs.com, that definitely WAS spam.

You must have a sense for those things!!

DanOhioAwesome
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by DanOhioAwesome » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:59 am

Suboxdoc my apologies by no means was I trying to come across that you or your site was using marketing bots or anything of that nature. I had a feeling the response was spam just because of the wording and its structure. Or that the person was a special friend.

Anyways. Yea please those of you (human)that have been working with su-b-locade over the last year id love to know about your daily issues pro and cons. Thanks!

docm2
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by docm2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 am

I haven't seen the Indivior Rep since it came out. The way they structured the finances I haven't pursued it. Last I checked it was over 1200 a month and we were to give the shot and then pursue collecting from insurance or the patient. It least in our area it doesn't seem to have gained much market share.

TeeJay
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Post by TeeJay » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Down here it's all about Buvidal. I did a 6 month Buvidal trial and it was really good. Couldn't say more positive things about depot buprenorphine. I can't think of any negative really. There were no visible bumps or injection side-effects. And the pain was pretty awesome if you ask me. Kinda felt like someone jabbing me with a sharp object for 20 seconds (I'd actually jump around the doc's office and do a dance. Pretty funny). No pain after that.

We haven't got Sublocade yet. I think they're still negotiating with Indivior on a price to get it covered on our PBS.

As for Buvidal... It's completely free for patients. Given Suboxone costs $100 a month, that's awesome.

suboxdoc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by suboxdoc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 am

TeeJay, I should know this because you've been on this forum for many years, off and on- where are you writing from? I don't think we have Buvidal in the US.

rule62

Post by rule62 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Last week I saw a TV commercial for Sublocade. Not sure if that's good or bad but it did state that there is a treatment for opiate addiction that many people were probably not aware of. On their heals, Buprenorphine may start getting some much needed acceptance. That's my hope anyway.

Sorry Dan, no one seems to have the experience to post back to you yet. Give it some time and maybe they'll show up.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously

DanOhioAwesome
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by DanOhioAwesome » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:30 am

Totally understandable. I'm a patient person.