It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: zubsolv
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello. New to this site. I have a question regarding zubsolv treatment. Just a little background information. I was treated with suboxone by a quack MD who also had me on tramadol at the same time. He was also under dosing me on the subs. After finding another MD, who is much better, I was prescribed Zubsolv tabs twice daily. However, I was taking three times per day for about 7 days when I first started. I believe it was all psychological because I was also use to taking the Tramadol with the previous sub treatment. Now I'm out of my Zubsolv and can't get a refill until the 30th of this month (feb). I want to call my MD and be honest about why I was taking more than prescribed. I honestly felt I needed three a day at the start of this treatment. (Purely psychological I know) With that said, have I totally screwed myself? Not sure I can't wait until the 30th without relapse. Thank you! Please help....This is all new to me. Thanks again

Post subject: Re: zubsolv
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Missy. Nice to have you here as a new member!

Wow, you have 20 days or almost 3 weeks to go before it's refill time. I'm afraid your doctor is not going to like hearing that. But that doesn't mean he or she won't be willing to help you out.

Unless you have other ways of obtaining more of the Zubsolv until you can get the next refill, I think you have no option but to inform the doctor and hope they understand the situation. Your going to have to be very honest and let the doctor know you took more than you should have. They know that of course, but hearing you fully admit it might make the difference if they will give you more right away or not.

Your going to have to let it be known that your dose wasn't high enough and a relapse is possible, and hope you have a very compassionate doctor. Most of the sub doctors have never used this drug so they have very little idea how it feels to be out dealing with withdrawals. Your not the first person to use more than directed and won't be the last either. I sure did. Hopefully the good doctor will comply and agree to refill early with the understanding you won't let it happen again.

I think you have to be upfront and honest if you have any chance here Missy. My opinion anyway. Good luck to you and please let us know what happens. I've been there in your shoes and so has many others here. I know how scary it can be with your mind wandering all over the place. Hope it goes well for you.

Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks.....means alot. I do plan on being honest. I hope he believes me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds good Missy!

These doctors have heard every story in the book about why a person is out of meds. I lost them, they were stolen, I left them in the hotel safe, they fell in the garbage disposal, my dog ate them. :D You know what I mean, and I'm not suggesting you have ever done that. Just an example. Doctors have heard every reason/excuse why patients are out.

I think it does make a difference if we are completely honest and up front about why we need more.

Karen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks Karen. I really need some and I'm truly trying to get my life bask to normal. Opiates/addiction is horrible!!