It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Zero Co-Pay.........
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello All,
I just want to make sure that everyone knows that there is a Coupon for Suboxone and it pays your Co-pay up to $50 ...
I had one for the first three months of the year But it expires on 3/31/2012. The new Coupon is good for the rest of the year (12/31/2012) :D . I got mine at my Dr.s office but it is also available on the website [ http://www.suboxone.com]
Spread the word... Every little bit helps!!
Have a Great Day !!

God Bless
~ TW ~

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would love to use this coupon but I'd like to know more about the films. Anyone???

Now cenotaph his fame"
-Alfred Tennyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sorry, it might help if you gave more specific questions. What would you like to know about the films?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh, right!

1. Are they hard to come by?
2. What mg dose do they come in?
3. How do they compare (in detail) to the actual tabs?

Thanks!

Now cenotaph his fame"
-Alfred Tennyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kanaguh03 wrote:
Oh, right!

Thanks!

1. Not any harder than the pills. Actually, the RB reps are pushing doctors to prescribe more films than pills now, but the reasons they list are cop-outs.

2. They come in the same 8mg/2m and 2mg/.5mg that Suboxone pills come in. There's no difference in the pills and film forms except for the structures. Delivery method is the same (sub-lingual - under the tongue.)

3. As I said above, the comparisons are the same. I actually asked my doctor about switching over to films, because I am one of his patients who no matter what my daily dose is, I still only take partial tablets/films. I was using a medicine chopper to cut my 8mg/2mg pill into a half, and taking 1/2 a pill at a time...whereas now, I bend the film in half, then bend it back over again (I crease it like you would a piece of paper). I still only take half a film when I take my doses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
kanaguh03 wrote:
Oh, right!

Thanks!

1. Not any harder than the pills. Actually, the RB reps are pushing doctors to prescribe more films than pills now, but the reasons they list are cop-outs.

2. They come in the same 8mg/2m and 2mg/.5mg that Suboxone pills come in. There's no difference in the pills and film forms except for the structures. Delivery method is the same (sub-lingual - under the tongue.)

3. As I said above, the comparisons are the same. I actually asked my doctor about switching over to films, because I am one of his patients who no matter what my daily dose is, I still only take partial tablets/films. I was using a medicine chopper to cut my 8mg/2mg pill into a half, and taking 1/2 a pill at a time...whereas now, I bend the film in half, then bend it back over again (I crease it like you would a piece of paper). I still only take half a film when I take my doses.

I appreciate the info! It's refreshing to have a place to communicate with and learn from others. Thank you!

Now cenotaph his fame"
-Alfred Tennyson

Post subject: Suboxone Films
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:27 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hello kanaguh03
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! As far as the Films go I have heard both good and bad. The only bad stuff I have heard is about the taste?? I can only tell my experience and that is....... I think the Films are great! I don't mind the taste ( Only draw back I know of ?) and I feel like I get a more Accurate dose from the films and in a quarter of the time it takes for the Tablets to dissolve.
On your dosing question I know they make the two doses that the tab's come in my dose is 8mg / 2mg.
Any more questions please feel free to ask!!

God Bless
TW

Post subject: Film
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 pm 

When my doctor first switched me over to the films I thought they were great. It also seemed like I got better absorption and they melted really fast too.

My favorite is the 2mg films. They fold easy for tapering and don't taste as nasty. There have been complaints of the films being dried out and cracking. I too received a few of those but it was in the 8mg ones, never the 2's.

Personally I think most of us prefer the films but there are a good many die hard pill takers. Mostly it's the taste I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since I heard about the quality control issue that RB was initiating regarding the films tearing, or being broken inside the wrapper, I've taken a watch to see if the problem was corrected....

Last month, I picked up my box of 75 for the month, and I kinda expected to see a quite a few broken, cracked, and pieces of films...and I was right.

But this month, I picked up my films and the entire 75 seemed to be of better quality...

So far, halfway through my 75, I've not encountered EVEN ONE that was cracked, torn, broken, or in pieces AT ALL. Nothing even remotely CLOSE to the crap that I was getting...so for those who are seeing these, you should see an improvement in them and the problem should resolve.

I guess it depends on how much of a supply the drug store has in stock whether you see this problem decline sooner, or later...but hopefully drug stores don't keep thousands of these in-stock...I know the drug store I use doesnt, and mine are always fresh.

Post subject: Re: Suboxone Films
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

TWINPLY wrote:
Hello kanaguh03
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! As far as the Films go I have heard both good and bad. The only bad stuff I have heard is about the taste?? I can only tell my experience and that is....... I think the Films are great! I don't mind the taste ( Only draw back I know of ?) and I feel like I get a more Accurate dose from the films and in a quarter of the time it takes for the Tablets to dissolve.
On your dosing question I know they make the two doses that the tab's come in my dose is 8mg / 2mg.
Any more questions please feel free to ask!!

God Bless
TW

Thank you!

Now cenotaph his fame"
-Alfred Tennyson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I told the pharmacist about the little white dots all over some of my strips, and also that some of them crumble. He said he cannot do anything because that's just the way they come to them. He did give me a different lot #, but they were the same. So I am going to a different pharmacy and hopefully will get a better batch next week.

Do you have to tell your sub doctor when you switch pharmacies? I think I remember signing something that told them which pharmacy I'm using and I think it said I have to tell them if I change or something. Has anyone else done this before?

Post subject: Switching
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm 

Yes, I signed the same thing about using only one pharmacy. I think it is because of our old addict behavior of using several pharmacies to fill multiple scripts. I know I did. With one I ended up paying cash because I told them I didn't have insurance. Didn't want my insurance company to know what I was doing. Darn lucky I never got caught.

Next time you see your Sub Dr., go ahead and tell them why you switched. It sounds like a good reason to me, although you'll probably find the same cracked ones there too. But a Suboxone patient always needs to be up front with their physician or risk getting kicked out of the program. I really don't know how they'd find out anyway but why chance it.

Rule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

IMHO, there is one significant drawback to use of the co-pay card. Your identity and contact information are given to the drug manufacturer, ostensibly to insure that the co-pay card, which has a unique number, is only used by one person. I realize that some people may really need the savings offered by the co-pay card, and do not want to offend anyone, but for me this invasion of privacy is not acceptable. I’d rather not get the discount. I don’t want the drug manufacturer and god-knows-who-else who purchases customer profiles from the manufacturer to have my name and address and the info that I am taking the product likely because I am an opiate addict. No thanks!

I do not want to debate Obamacare, but the time is coming when patient privacy will be nothing but an empty assurance for all of us. If hackers can hack into the Pentagon’s super-protected computers, then they’ll do the same thing with patient records. For this reason, I selected a totally separate doctor solely for the purpose of treating my addiction and for nothing else related to my health, and a mom and pop (non chain) pharmacy to get my sub prescriptions filled. Will never use the doctor and pharmacy for anything else, and for these things will always pay cash to minimize the paper trail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:22 pm 

I was trying to delete this post instead of editing it, but I can't figure out how to do it!

Sorry for the gratuitous post!

P.S. Thanks for the tip about the coupon, OP!