It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:54 pm 

I'm so glad for you, rbw, that you have a good plan set up to keep you in recovery. If people sound negative here about AA/NA, it's probably because there's been a lot of judgement from especially NA about people on maintenance medications. In fact, a lot of people recommend that if you go to meetings, don't mention if you're on suboxone. There are plenty of people here, however, that do go to 12 step meetings and find them very helpful.

The Broncos are my husband's favorite team, but mine is the Steelers. Jon Stewart was very funny on The Daily Show yesterday. He said something like, "Over the weekend the Seattle Seahawks were here to scrimmage, ummm, what appeared to be a group of stoned teenagers from Denver." That's about right! Lol!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well it's just about the end of day 13. These wds sure do linger, which I wasn't really expecting. Dealing with the initial week of real bad wd I was fully prepared for and feel like I handled pretty well. Now, I'm just feeling very weak and have no motivation to do anything. My kids are back home now and I'm having a hard time keeping up with them. Also, I'm having what feels like the worst growing pains ever in my legs and it's constant. Keeping busy is hard to do when my legs are in so much pain. Does anyone know how long these symptoms will last? I feel like I'm never going to get my energy or sanity back....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey RBW.

I'm in your corner dealing with the same things!. . Motivation is a problem. I find that when I drink six cups of coffee I'm cool for like two hours. I'm on day thirteen also, and I jumped from two Milligrams. Keep Praying! Listen to some good music and get pumped up. Workout, read good books. All of this has helped me immensely. My ambition is coming back too. Slowly but it's coming back. I'm getting back into writing HTML5 code and Cms. Kind of cool I guess. Good luck to you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Going from 16mg must be tough.I went cold turkey from 8mg every day or two and all was fine until 4-6th day,then WD's hit.

I can relate to legs.I'd list other symptoms but I've found that it's best not too in case it might put something in ones mind that is not happening.

Suboxone is very strange indeed I must agree.It's he only drug I can think of to block all opiates besides naxolone and I've never used naxolone but I've known one user who had to be injected in ER for overdosing with something to start breathing again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:21 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

i dropped at a much lower dose than you i weaned down to like 0.2 before stopping. I was only on it for a year. My main issue is the cold feelings and no appetite. I just keeps lingering for me, i have small huggers strikes then they are gone. I have lost so much weight like 45-50lbs. some may find this desired buy when you get cachexia looking and just have no motivation to eat its bad. I cant find any energy to eat which in turn effects my energy. wow i hope this end soon i have thought out going to the er so many times. anyone else have this issue.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am also struggling with the loss of appetite and you are right, it sucks. It's nearly impossible to get myself to eat. I bought a bunch of Carnation instant breakfast packets. They have a bunch of protein and vitamins and u just mix it with a glass of milk. It tastes like chocolate milk. I drink probably 5 a day as well as bananas and I find it very helpful. How long have you been off the subs?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:14 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

sorry time gets away from me, I quit taking subs the second or third week of Jan. I know this sounds strange to not know the exact date but I had stopped smoking and dropped down on my drinking problem #2. So I was in some bad moods and every 2-3 days I would take a small amount of sub like 0.2 or less. I think it has been almost 1 month with no subs at all. I am slowly returning with the appetite thing. still cold but I have better days with that. I have read so may posts on here and time seems to be the element. Winter is the worst though, I wanted to go walk it snows 1 foot or its -5 out, not good for someone who is cold in a 70' house. I think I am going back to the gym and just walk, no need to run with the way I feel some days I would burn the track off. But I must say it is getting easier but now I have the thoughts I have to fight off. My body gets board and I want to do something. So what I am saying is the demon likes to get in your ear quick, going to some meetings to try and help. DB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi RBT,

I read your post last night and have been wondering how you have been doing? Are you still off the Buprenorphine? If so, how are you feeling now? I'm looking to make the jump off soon, but am taking still 8mg or so daily. I cannot believe that so many here have successfully tapered to less than 1mg. Anyhow, if you still are reading please let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry it took so long to reply. Yes, I am still off of the subs. I have gone 31 days today with no subs! I'm back at work, back at the gym daily, and most importantly I'm back to being a great mother to my two beautiful children. This is the best I've felt in years. I am also attending A.A. which I feel is the most important factor here. Everyone is different, but I do feel that we all should be involved in some type of recovery program. Look around and see what works best for you. Good luck with everything!