It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Your Suboxone Doctor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Some of you might have seen my threat "Jumped at 4mg 5 Days in" that I started yesterday. Well..since I will no longer require the services of my Suboxone Dr I am just curious how your dr visits go down (how long u there for, what kind of discussions u have) etc etc. Here is a version on how ALL my visits went for the past 5 years. Well..not true..the first two where actually kind of productive..introduction, history etc etc.

Hello Mr "ME"..how is it going?
Hello Dr "X"...doing great. How about ur self?
So lets see..u where he the last time on xx.xx. Have u been using any narcotics since then?
Nope..Dr. X..just sticking with the Subs.
Great..lets see..did u have a balance from last visit?
Nope..paid in cash as usual.
Great..here is your prescription for 30 8mg and one refill. That will be $150 today.
Thanks Dr X..was good to see u as well.

This was it...every time for 5 years. While walking out we had some small talk about the stock market..our cars etc etc..whole visit lasted 10 min max.

I always said to myself...what a racket they are running. Here is a well known psychologist who has several offices in the Washington, DC area..who speaks at national events and all he asks is if I have used narcoctics since my last visit (valid question) and if I had paid for my last visit.

So i am just curious how ur sub provider handles this disease.

Post subject: Re: Your Suboxone Doctor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry that your doctor isn't properly treating your illness. I've heard this before, and I thankfully do not share your experience. My buprenorphine prescriber is a psychiatrist so each and every visit with my doctor lasts for an entire hour, in which we talk about my progress and setbacks, how I'm feeling, my home life, relationships, issues from the past that contribute to stresses that could become triggers, identifying triggers etc. We then plan what we'll talk about at our next session, so that I can think about and write down if necessary, anything important that I'd like to discuss. I'm usually drug tested, then I pay for the visit, get a prescription if needed, shake doctor's hand, get an appointment card and receipt and leave. Currently I go biweekly, although I am eligible for monthly appointments for no missed appointments or positive UAs, however, I am welcome to make my appointments weekly if I feel it necessary. Also, my doctor is available by phone or email all the time. The program I attend, also offers groups, and other optional therapies for those who choose to participate.

Post subject: Re: Your Suboxone Doctor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:52 pm 

Well I am doing very well at my clinic. Been there almost 3 yrs and I go once a month to my group meeting which includes my drug screen and the refill of my subs. I then go to see my doctor at the same clinic once a month also. The reason for that is my clinic only has the Dr come in one day a week and that's never the day I go for my meeting. So by him only being there once a week, u can imagine that doesn't leave time for all the patients he has to see and that's truly disappointing a bit to me. So it's about five min and I'm out the door feeling rushed. However we do have a wonderful counselor that is there every day and a nurse there every day also. As far as the Dr goes though....my experience is like urs, not enough time to truly get to know the patients or anything else. I've never failed a drug test, missed a meeting requirement, or lacked on my financial responsibility... it would be nice for my Dr to know me personally but oh well it is what it is.I go to a clinic so maybe there's just too many ppl and I understand that and I do have a great counselor. But ur not alone in the quick Dr visit...mines the exact same way.