It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have some strip reserve in case of the worst scenario. but my doc had me bring all my strips
and i mixed a couple reserve strips. i'm not trying to cheat" but i feel safe? he is checking the
numbers on the strips. i have a few way out of date. and they could have lost there potent?
i see him at 2oclock today ? is he checking the strip numbers???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maybe your doctor is doing a med count to make sure you have what you should have. In other words to ensure you're not selling you sub. Just an idea....?

Do let us know what happens.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I heard from someone else that goes to my clinic here that they do this once in awhile, becuase now they can check the numbers on the barcode and track it to the patient that got the script. the person that told me said the reply they got was he was making sure he hadnt been sharing strips with someone else.
Apparently each box of strips has thier own unique number, as does each strip # 1 thru 30. So that'd be my first guess,,,, but who knows.
you know how the old saying goes, when a few ppl can ruin it for everyone.

hope I helped, and hopefully thats it. becuase it shudnt matter if you had one from ea script you've had, long as thier yours rite??

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My 1st clinic always had me bring in my strips and the receptionist who signed me in just quickly watched me count them out in front of her (I usually only had 1 or 2 the way he scheduled appointments and the small Rx's he wrote). Didn't check #'s at that clinic, they were just checking to make sure I had what I was supposed to have and therefore not selling/sharing them. Every place is different though of course, my current doctor does no counts, but I do get urine screen for Bupe to make sure I'm taking it and not selling/sharing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes your Doctor is just counting them to make sure you are consistence with your daily doses. I really don't think he is gonna match all the numbers on the films packages. My Doctor counts mine every time I go in to see him(also gives me a drug test which is why I am going to find a new sub doc). I also save all old film packages just in case something happens to my current ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My doc never drug tested me and never counted my script. I think he is a pretty straight up Doc. He left my taper/treatment plan up to me. I am surprised he never required anything from me. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BUPER wrote:
Yes your Doctor is just counting them to make sure you are consistence with your daily doses. I really don't think he is gonna match all the numbers on the films packages. My Doctor counts mine every time I go in to see him(also gives me a drug test which is why I am going to find a new sub doc). I also save all old film packages just in case something happens to my current ones.

Why is your doctor giving you drug tests the reason you're finding a new doctor? I hope that's not a way of saying that you're trying to do things that you shouldn't be doing...otherwise you aren't accomplishing much in the form of treatment.

I've told my doctor they can drug test me at ANY time they want...I don't mind at all. I went in and saw my doctor (plus got drug tested) 2 days after I had 5 teeth extracted...and I was no more worried about that drug test than ANY other that I've taken..because I don't play around with treatment. Ever, at all, period. I take my treatment VERY seriously...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Why is your doctor giving you drug tests the reason you're finding a new doctor? I hope that's not a way of saying that you're trying to do things that you shouldn't be doing...otherwise you aren't accomplishing much in the form of treatment.

I've told my doctor they can drug test me at ANY time they want...I don't mind at all. I went in and saw my doctor (plus got drug tested) 2 days after I had 5 teeth extracted...and I was no more worried about that drug test than ANY other that I've taken..because I don't play around with treatment. Ever, at all, period. I take my treatment VERY seriously...[/quote]

I take my treatment very serious too, I just don't like having to pay extra money for a drug screen EVERY visit I go to. I told him he can random drug screens. I don't care about that. Just not every visit. It's a cost issue, I'm paying enough as is already for treatment. Plus if you had my doctor you would wanna switch. He's a " I'm in it for the money" type of doctor. I've never pissed dirty and have been clean for the longest I've ever been in my life.