Long Time Member
Long Time Member

all yaz need is a time machine.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/L3LHAlcrTRA[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone was the worst withdrawal I have ever gone through. So much worse than heroin withdrawal. I was in the detox unit for 10 days and was still sick as a dog when I got out.

Tomorrow I will have been sober for 1 year.

Suboxone was a nightmare for me far worse than the Heroin that led me to take it in the first place. I appreciate the help and support I got from this forum and I'm not trying to diss anyone who is being helped by subs. I'm only speaking of my own experience and I'm much, much happier being off that horrible stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on 1 year jerkstore_cowboy!!! Way to go!!!

My wd experience with Suboxone was pretty harsh too, but I'm thankful for it because I think that crappy experience is part of what keeps me clean. Maybe your wd experience is helping to keep you clean too?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 am 
Hatmaker I've noticed your voice of reason in a few threads ! one of the reasons i aint gonna waste too much time on here trying to reason with people. but im still gonna have a mini rant now!!

diary - man u know ur stuff

stargazer, i am pretty sure your bone and marrow does not need time to detox, this is another mad myth. show me the peer reviewed paper that shows bones store up opiates and i will apologise and eat my socks. you have stated this as fact. sorry i dont mean to pick on you, but thousands of people read this stuff online and go off believing it. (junkies have been saying methadone gets in your bones for donkeys years, doesnt make it true)

night - why if you jumped off smack so easy and made it , did u then go on suboxone ???????? why??? or is the truth that u did 2 days wds from heroin then started on suboxone - hence 'making it' through heroin wds. i m genuinely fascinated

rant over

homer

Post subject: you researched it?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Try searching alkaloids in bone marrow, homer.
Shit there's even dope traces in my finger nails and hair.
It was a rant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 am 
Sure, Residual chemicals are left everywhere in the body, doesn't mean that the residuals in your hair etc are having any effect on your recovery. I will search science papers and try my hardest to prove myself wrong, that's what science is about. Sorry buddy if I'm wrong, but still don't think testable traces of drugs have any relevance to recovery, nice idea an good to know u have no trace, but it's all about the receptors and how they adapt to what they receive/ don't receive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This has been an informative thread, and I appreciate the time everyone has put into their replies. However, as someone who is currently on Suboxone maintenance, it would help me understand things better if everyone said how much they were on before they stopped, how long they tapered, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm using the times I jumped off 6mg - 8mg as a reference.

Where was also one time I jumped off about 8 or 10mg and then used heroin for 4 weeks because I figured heroin would be an easier detox (also the detox clinic wasn't willing to take people on buprenorphine because they used buprenorphine to detox, and once they did their detox regimen people who came in on Suboxone would start withdrawing when they were meant to leave, and need to be kept in for 3-4 weeks).

I still don't know whether my heroin plan would have worked, because they ended up using buprenorphine to detox me off the heroin I used to get me off the buprenorphine. I basically went full circle. Taking those doses of buprenorphine that week seemed to make it turn into a buprenorphine detox again, because I was really sick for 2-3 weeks after they gave me my last dose. I've used 1 week of buprenorphine to detox me off heroin a few times and it worked really well. This one time when I happened to be on buprenorphine a month beforehand was really ..nasty..

Probably deserves its own thread / warning.