It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:36 am 
Gargle and swish salt water in your mouth before you dose. Ive been doing this lately, I heard its supposed to help abosrbtion which i dont know if thats true but a plus I have noticed is it for some reason greatly cuts down on the saliva build up. Normaly my mouth is completely over flowing in a matter of 1-2 minutes after I dose undoubtedly washing away alot of the medication but after I garble salt water the Im left with a very small concentrated pool of saliva in my mouth. Its great and makes dosing much less annoying having to sit around with chimpmunk cheeks for a half hour trying to hold all that saliva in my mouth. I guarantee it is allowing more medication to be absorbed since the solution stays so conentrated instead of getting trapped in a bunch of saliva and getting diluted. Just thougt Id throw that out there since saliva build up seems to be common among most if not all people who are on suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:56 am 
Idea thief!! lol joke. Yea i wrote about that awhile back. It kinda drys your mouth out an the saliva thats left in your mouth is thicker and more concentrated. It definitely works. The only thing you gotta be careful with is after i did it every day for a couple months, my mouth started getting little ulcers or sores that hurt like hell. It definitely does the trick but im having to take a break from it at the moment because i kept getting the little sores. They suck bad!! When you get the sores it makes it to where you cant really use the salt water for a week or so cuz it burns the hell out of the sores. At least thats what happend to me after i had used it for awhile. It might have even taken a few months before it started happening. Who knows but i do know that this works super good and i definitely recommend it, aside from the sores of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 pm 
Yeah its probably caused you to get canker sores and those suuuuuuuuuck bad realy painful. I probably wont do it everytime now since I did it this morning and it didnt work nearly as good. Last night I had dosed real late and a couple hours after my trazodone and that stuff always give me cotton mouth so I think that had a lot to do with it. The saltwater is at least supposed to clean out mucous membranes tho so hopefully its doing something.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

canker sores oh my god those things hurt more then my knee pain that put me on oxy contin. Im wondering did either of you start getting them alot more once they started suboxone? cause i never got them alot but ever since i started suboxone i get them all the time and they really do affect your every day mood it makes eating hard, brushing your teeth is terriable if they are in a bad spot, and kissing is a bitch too and when you have a gf and your not kissing her alot she gets all insucure.

But to the topic at hand what i have been doing lately to take care of this is putt a napkin or paper towel under my tounge for a couple minutes an that seems to do the trick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:10 pm 
Bboy:

I started getting canker sores all the time while taking suboxone but it was because im allergic to the artificial sweetner thats in suboxone(Acesulfame k Sweetner). I told my doctor everything im allergic to on my very first appointment and he even had it in my chart but never said anything about it. I told him a number of times about getting the sores but he just dismissed them. I finally started doing my own research an found that suboxone has an artificial sweetner in it. I brought it to his attention an got switched to subutex. Havent had them since.

SuboxOWNED:

I know what you mean about it not working everytime and you are probably right about the trazodone helping dry your mouth out. I know for me, the .5mg's of klonopin i take each day helps to dry my mouth a little bit.