All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Check checkit out...

https://www.thefix.com/defense-suboxone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:01 pm 

Wow TJ, or MA, that was an incredible read and we are so glad you posted the link for all to read. Us old-timers have watched you suffer, bounce, rebound, recover, and flourish over the years. It warms my heart to know you're okay and are making a difference in the ORT circles. My hat is off to you.

Very good work,

rule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 pm 

Wow teejay! Awesome ☆☆

I absolutely loved it, thank u for posting that link. It speaks so loudly for all of us on maintenance. That's a very powerful read.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

You should be very proud of yourself!

We need many more stories like this to remind us how precious life is.
In my opinion, whatever it takes to improve your quality of life and to stay alive is an absolute MUST.

It's high time (no pun intended) that society recognizes what a life-saving medication Suboxone is.

Thanks so much for this piece!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 am 

Love it and I haven't even read it!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Very touching TJ!! You put into words what many people feel and just can't say for lack of social acceptance or other moral attitudes toward MAT.

The anger I have ....I try to keep it toward the disease of addiction. It took my brother...a beautiful person...at the young age of 28. There was NOTHING about my brother a person could find at first meeting to be negative. He was happy, magnetic with his personality..but that quiet ..you wanted him to talk just to have something to say back. I miss our late-night facebook instant msg chats we had...as much as a week before he died. My brother was such a charming person..and the love he had for his only daughter, who's now 5, is a testament to a "daddy".
He explained how his girlfriend/mother to Lena had moved away back to Texas with her family, leaving my brother in Slidell, LA..a good 13 hours away from his baby. That, in part, I believe is what made him try to numb life and get "away" from it all. He was so upset that she would do that to him, and take his baby, knowing he couldn't just get in the car and come visit.
My last visit, I met my brother at a local Slidell McDonald's before we hit the road heading back to Alabama...I bought him breakfast and we sat and talked. He said goodbye to my oldest daughter and my 2 sons. And he played with (at the time) 1 year old Reagan...all of whom he loved dearly.
Little did I know. dammit. I snapped a couple photos quickly with my phone..

My oldest daughter has taken it really hard. And I think she has blamed herself for not saying more or finding out a way to help.

If I was blinded by addiction, the effect his death would've had..well I can't say. He knew I was on Suboxone...he didn't like the stuff (mostly, I think because the boys he hung around would use Sub when they couldn't find heroin..just to get them by. So all he knew was that they could feel OK while searching for a fix.)
Those same boys..they were the last to see my brother alive, in the back of that truck on that Sunday night. He had a heart attack and they drove him to ER in Picayune and left, scared of legal ramifications. My beautiful brother died somewhere between Pearl River, LA and Picayune, MS.
And the true cause of death will never be known, because the sorry-ass coroner left his body out for 3 days before trying to perform an autopsy...and he had started decomposing. Not only that, we couldn't have an open casket funeral either because of their actions.

I'm going to stop. It's still pretty upsetting, even though it's been 3 years.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great job, TeeJay-- it really hits home.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you for sharing-and for writing it in the first place, Teejay. Although the article is full of tragedy, I have no doubt there will be many lives saved for having read it. Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Very moving - thanks for getting the message out there - and congratulations on being published!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:38 pm 

Good to see you back here again too Lilyval. Another old-timer that TJ knows. We really do appreciate it when you come back and post how you're doing. We all watched you struggle too. (whoever is left from years ago)

rule