It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Your 1st day dose
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What did you take your first day?

On pills I took 30 OCon and 6-10 15mg OC a day.

What was the max dose you took day one subs.?

Im at strp and half of the 8 mg day one. Last one over an hr ago. Still sweaty, still moderate craving, slight hangover feeling headache. Thats actually how I feel right now...like I have a drinking hangover. What I dont want is to take more than I need n be sleepy/dopey!
And omg, Im glad I took a 3 day wknd.....
Please reply n walk me thru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was taking anywhere from 12-15 10mg norcos daily, sometimes taking as much as 20 pills a day, depending of course on how many I had. Usually I'd take 20 pills a day for the first week or so after I'd get my script filled, then go down a little from there as I started to go thru them, then I'd take what I could afford to buy.

On day one of subs, I probably took 6 mgs. I was prescribed 16, 2 strips a day, but that evening I got the same feelings you are describing. I felt nauseated, had a headache, dizzy, kind of loopy, like a hangover. I definetly felt better, but I felt "off." I did have "cravings", I think for about 3 or 4 weeks. Not so much cravings maybe, but I did think about taking my DOC and how much I thought I wanted to get "high." I really started to feel better on day 5 of the subs, and I started taking 8 mgs, which is where I'm at now. I can honestly say that I don't have the craving or desire to use norcos anymore. I feel completely "normal." the headaches are gone, no more nausea or sleepiness.

I think we all are so much different and we have to find what dose works well for us. Once we find that, and get adjusted to the med, it works wonders. On my first follow-up, during check-in the computer asks some general questions. One of them was "have you thought about using in the last month?" I checked yes, because I did. I have an appointment on Monday, and I've been thinking about this question and how to answer it. On one hand, I want to be honest and answer "no", but then I get nervous and I don't want my dr to think that I don't "need" the subs any longer... I know it's an irrational fear and I'm only on my 2nd month and he's not gonna tell me it's time to wean or anything. I also know that I am an addict and there may come a time that I'm not feeling so great anymore and those thoughts are gonna come back, I hope not. For now, I'm just gonna say I have had thoughts of using. I guess I kinda do, but it's more of a passing thought than anything, then reality hits and I think about all the trouble of chasing pills and all the money wasted and how I really am happier now that I feel normal and I have a normal life, there is no way I wanna go back to that!

Ok, I just got WAY off topic and a little too deep into your question there, lol. Sorry, about that... but I did answer your question and hopefully let you know that what you're feeling now is totally normal and pretty much the way I felt on the first day of taking subs. I started to feel a lot better though and now I'm completely adjusted to the med and I don't feel that "hangover" feeling anymore. It'll get better!