It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

People that aren't aware that there's other cars behind them! Especially at traffic lights. When there's an opportunity for 5 cars to get through, but they don't seem to know or care, and they take their sweet time and leave everyone else stuck.

grrrrrr :x

Then there's those people that don't acknowledge when you give way, or give them space. I just wanna jump out, grab them and teach them a lesson in politeness! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
People that aren't aware that there's other cars behind them! Especially at traffic lights. When there's an opportunity for 5 cars to get through, but they don't seem to know or care, and they take their sweet time and leave everyone else stuck.

Then there's those people that don't acknowledge when you give way, or give them space. I just wanna jump out, grab them and teach them a lesson in politeness! :twisted:

Ugh. I feel you on that one. I hate it when you get to a right turn and the person in front of you is going straight and could pull up one or two inches so you could get your kid to school on time. However, for some unknown reason, they stare at you in their rear view mirror and don't move. That's why I want a raised Excursion (with low miles). I wanna drive right over them. :shock:

LT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

tearj3rker wrote:

TO TEAR AND LADDER: ok boys and girls, you do realize this is typical alcoholic/addict behavior...just so you know..lol ..of course I never lose my temper driving..just purr along smiling at everyone..one time I shot the finger at this guy and he got OUT OF HIS CAR and came to my window and cussed me out..man was I scared! ...now i just cuss at them but no finger shooting...judy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Faulty Driving schools
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

To get a driver's licence here in Australia you are NOT taught traffic discipline at all. A few simple rules are omitted for unknown reasons. For example: You don't learn to stay in the left lane on a multi-lane road when you are driving slowly, so that those who go a little faster can overtake without a problem. You don't learn to move up as far as possible at a crossing when you are turning right while oncoming traffic passes. This normally enables 3 cars to do a turn, not just one. Some people don't move at all. The 'zip-system' also seems to be an unknown in bottleneck situations. Every car lets one car in to join the lane. These are 2 very simple rules that would make a huge difference to traffic flow. We also have an obsession with 'safety' to such an extent that it becomes rather dangerous. Many speed limits (example: HeidelbergRd) are counterproductive and unneccessary. You have a 4-lane major road and can't go faster than 60km/ph. The driver has to concentrate more on the speedometer than the road in order to drive that slow. The term 'green phase' doesn't exist. This is a system where traffic lights adjust themselves according to the number of cars travelling at any given time, staying green when there's no traffic and thus enabling drivers to go from A to B without constant breaking and stopping, only to wait a few minutes while no other cars are in sight. This is environmentally irresponsible and an introduction of such system could easily halve this city's fuel consumption (Melbourne). Brake manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank. Furthermore, people are apparently NOT taught to keep their eyes not just open, but also look around and be aware of what's going on. Coming from Germany, where I got my first licence, I always thought of Melbourne drivers to be the worst in the world. They all seem to be either totally sedated or on speed. There's no between. As you can see I could go on and on. Driving here is a nightmare for anyone with a brain.

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,

I totally agree with what everyone said about slow drivers in the fast line and people slow to leave stoplights. But I confess, a few times I caused a lot of people to miss the green light - but it was an accident I swear!! LOL. It was 3 years ago and I bought a new car with a stick....even though I knew how to drive a manual I was a bit "rusty". I would get flustered at a red light when the light changed to green, and a few times I stalled out and couldn't get the damn car to turn back on in time before the light turned red. You talk about some hot people behind me!! Of course, the problem went away after a few weeks. So remember, sometimes a person just makes an honest mistake.

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:35 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

haha ya, and when you are taking a left out of a parking lot and have to wait for the car that has the right away coming into the parking lot. not only do they take their sweetass time, but they give you a smug look to boot. at first i thought it was my imagination, but it has happened too many times. and again just the other day. i have noticed just women do this, some kind of power trip?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

laddertipper wrote:
I hate it when you get to a right turn and the person in front of you is going straight and could pull up one or two inches so you could get your kid to school on time. However, for some unknown reason, they stare at you in their rear view mirror and don't move. That's why I want a raised Excursion (with low miles). I wanna drive right over them. :shock:

Something similar that drives me nuts - I have to make a left turn to get to work. There is a nice long left hand turn lane. But there is always the person who feels like they have to maintain a car length's distance from the car in front of them, keeping me from getting into the turn lane. Seriously if they would move up two feet out of the fifteen foot space they leave, I could get into the turn lane. I inch so close to them there are many times I want to nudge them with my bumper. These people are totally oblivious.