It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: YOU'RE INVITED!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm 

To my One Year on Suboxone/One Year "Clean" Party!!

This Wednesday will mark my one year anniversary of being on suboxone! I use October 24th as my "clean" date, even though I stopped taking the percocet 2 days before I was inducted.

Wherever you are on your journey, I want you to congratulate yourself for how far you've come. Whether or not your recovery is going perfectly, you have gone through so much to get where you are today!

I want to thank this forum for being there for me this past year. Whenever I've been unsure or confused I know I had this forum to turn to. I'd also like to thank some forum individuals for being there for me...You know who you are!

Also, I've finally reached 4 mg/day in my tapering process! I don't know why that feels significant, but it does.

I wish I could bring you all to my real celebration....cause I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!! I leave on Thursday and come back next Monday. I haven't been on this forum as much as usual lately because I've spent a lot of time preparing for my trip and I've also been spending lots of time on the only other forum I post on, Intercot, which is a Disney World forum.

Thank you for stopping to read my post! I wish you all success in your recovery as I celebrate my one year anniversary! Cheers!!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOO-HOO for Amy!!! One year clean, way to go!!!!

Are you sure you can't take me to Disney with ya? I'm pretty sure I could squeeze myself into a suitcase....it would be worth it for a trip to DisneyWorld!!

Congrats again and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Post subject: So Awesome
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm 

What a great accomplishment Amy, one whole year! And I too felt I hit a big milestone when I got down to 4mg's. I think it had something to do with the ceiling effect. To me, it was like I was in more control of my recovery by being down to a dose that may or may not saturate all my mu receptors. I didn't feel any different but like you I felt good about it.

Have a wonderful time at Disney World. I've never been there. Only the Disneyland in Ca. and that was a lot of fun. I hear it is so big it takes days or even weeks to see all of it. But then I wouldn't know.

Congrats!

Rule