It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: you guys ever get this
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Many times when I go to get my sub filled I get some young woman that just works the cash regustar, and she will ring it up and say "OMG its $550 you don't have insurance!? what is this stuff for?" Ive got that many times, It can be quite embarrasing at times. I hate having to explain out loud what suboxone is and why im happy to pay $500 for it. seems like once a month some new girl will ask me that question, and their is always many people around listing in. Like everyone want's to go to the pharmacy and screem I need my anti dope pills, that I now have to take now because I messed up and became a junky please. Im to the point now where when they are what are they for? I say, Because I wanted to be a junky when I grew up. shuts everyone up quick and everyone thinks it's a joke.

Wile Im making a useless therad anyway I will ask a few good questions.

ANYONE know when they will be a genneric suboxone? I rember reading when I first got on suboxone that they would be a generic in oct 09' But that has past and I have not herd anything about a generic since.

Anyone notice that some place seem to have better suboxone then others? Like it seems to me that walmart suboxone, is not as good as CVS. their both the same price, but walmart's seem like they may be old or something. anyone noticed that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yea, I kinda had that happend to me a while back. I had first suboxone doctor/pharmacy in PA, my current is in NJ. I live in PA, not too far from the first 'suboxone' pharmacy (30-ish miles) a rite aide. I was in there one time when I was getting pain pills for my back years ago, but just to check out price, it was that Rite Aide (I used one pharm for all my pain meds scripts, once I found the cheapest since always paid cash, it was the same one for years and years but a different one and not a Rite Aide....). Years later I went to that same Rite Aide pharmacy with suboxone scripts, totally different people. They did not know me at all, but probably seen what I have filled before there in the very distant past as far as pain meds. They were like, do you have insurance YET, you know it is over how many hundred dollars ! Do you want the whole script now? A number of bullshit lines they said/asked. I was new into recovery and did not know what to do. I ended up switching my suboxone doctor and pharm as I said and they are both excellent, the pharm is also a Rite Aide, well over 100 miles apart, in a 'bad' area compared to the first one but so much better service and everything. I shoulda snapped on the first one's pharmacy tech's or whatever they were and made a big scene, but....after problems with pain pills and the doctor I ended up adding dope to the mix for bout year or so and I seen my self as a 'huge junkie' and was ashamed to even be there in the first place getting the subs (thats how my first sub doctor made me fell too, not just pharmacy). I have come to terms and know whats what now. I didnt just start on dope, but after having to supplement my legal scripts with black market ones too, those prices for illegal pain meds were crazy compared to the price of friggin dope. But that is neither here nor there.

Just wanted to chime in! Thanks for liseting, and take it for what its worth! Good luck and take care...

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi R/x-Man,

Asking questions like that in a public area of a pharmacy is unacceptable.

Are you still going to this pharmacy? In my humble opinion, I'd say here's three options: Respectfully decline to answer her invasive questions; ask to go to a private counseling area to discuss it out of the public's earshot; and in either situation, consider speaking to the pharmacy manager about the faux-pas. If they're doing it with you, I'd bet they're treating others like that as well.

Pharmacists have privacy laws, too, and this sounds like a violation of those.

BTW, I wouldn't consider this a useless thread at all. These kinds of things happen to lots of us.

If you decide to do anything, I'd like to hear how it turns out.

Take care,

Melissa