It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to start this thread bc i see it all to common on this forum that if people lose there suboxone script for whatever reason. There only other option is to pick up were they left off and start using opiates/DOC again. But there are so many other ways you can go if this happens, just bc you lose your sub script, is not automatically a death sentence bac into active addiction. Ya know i know u r going to call me crazy but sum days i think it would b a blessing to lose my methadone bc in the end one day i want to be trully clean from all opiates. But the longer i stay on meth the harder it will b for me to get off it. So by losing my methadone or your suboxone you no longer have the choice but that oh so hard decison is made for you and now its time to try being clean without the drugs. You can enter detox,counseling and so on my point being we have other outlets so if we lose are script and just bc this happens doesnt automatically mean we have to be dru addicts again.

I sometime wonder if mayb these Drs we call crazy that only use and see suboxone as short term treatment plan r not oh so crazy but smart. Realizing the longer we stay on these type of medications the harder it is going to be to get us off of these medications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

More often than not when a person is forced off when they are not ready it does not end well. If that's how you feel why not just go ahead and quit?? I'm having a hard time grasping the point of your post. Most of us stay on maintenance because we believe it improves our quality of life...at least I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This post brought up a few points and opinions I've always had and felt:

- I always thoughts docs should have a carbon copy script that they can cancel (like checks). I know this would involve setting up a whole new/different system for pharmacies, but it would fix the problem by guaranteeing only the original or replacement gets filled. I don't necessarily think this should be done, I just think about it sometimes.

- I always thought people should "get help" even though they are taking suboxone. The suboxone doesn't teach you your recovery tools. Suboxone can't teach you your triggers or help you understand what made you become an addict. Suboxone is a tool. Use your normalcy to fix your psychological self while the buprenorphine holds your physical self "normal."

- Seeing a quack doctor who wrote me scripts for anything while handing him cash in the office (just like a drug deal) I saw dozens of "patients" saying they lost their script (or it was stolen). It never surprised me. They were active addicts, of course they're lying. I don't understand how a suboxone patient could lose their script. (Of course I'm sure I will lose my next one after making that comment). But, IF they did I would hope if you have a history of negative urine screens and kept appointments they would believe you and give a replacement ONCE.

Sorry for the rant.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bupinator wrote:
More often than not when a person is forced off when they are not ready it does not end well. If that's how you feel why not just go ahead and quit?? I'm having a hard time grasping the point of your post. Most of us st ay on maintenance because we believe it improves our quality of life...at least I do.

Trust me if i didnt hav the injuries with the severity they are i would of tried a long time ago. I know im ready mentally but physically im not but i amgetting up to date mris and talking ith new Drthis summer. Bupinator you made my point you automatically thought if someone is forced of suboxone they are automatically going to fail. But thats far from the truth if they take proper steps in getting help as in other forms of treatments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Back when I was on the 'done - I went to the clinics, had my dose and picked up two take aways. They put the take-away doses in glass medicine bottles.

I went to get a coffee (sip a cafe latte like a good lil methadonian yuppie), and it was real windy. I went to sip my coffee and my fucking take-aways blew off the table and smashed on the side-walk. I remember seeing all that sweet sweet methajuice seeping out of that paper bag, wondering if I licked it off the ground whether I'd be able to get through the next couple of days.

Thankfully I was just around the corner of the pharmacy where I got my doses, so I ran back grabbed the pharmacist, showed him the mess ... he took pity on me and re-dosed me :) kickass.