It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just recently had an "Episode"
I went to walgreens to fill my script as I do every two weeks and I was denied becasue they said it was being filled too early.
Well what had happened was my Dr in the directions wrote take 1.5 per day but accidentally wrote it out for 2 a day total pills. I had been taking the 2 per day because I thought thats why he gave me that amount. We had been discussing lowering my dose and have been going back n forth for a month between 2-1.5 per day. Well in my ignorance I took the 2 per day.
Long story short the clerk totally treated me like a scumbag. I explained the situation and even said to look at my history of fills. They were always a 14 day supply not an 18 day supply and that I was all out and could not go 3 days with out these. Finally my dr called in and approved filling it early but had to pay cash for 3 pills.
Today I go to pickup the rest of the Rx and same clerk there. She gives me this nasty look like Im a fn junky or something.

That pisses me off to no extent. Do some homework on the meds and realize you cant get high from the shit!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Friggin Pharmacists!!

I had an almost similar incident.

My doctor wrote me for "No more then 2 in 24 hours" when I just started. During one of her many phone calls to me, she said if you need to take another pill then it's okay. Well I found my sweet spot where I didn't feel any W/D feelings at 3 pills per day.
I pick up 10 pills per fill... so that's 2 trips to the pharmacy per week.

Well I went in to get my refill one day and she explained it was too early! For several weeks I've been picking up my 10 pills every 3 days and NOW you're having a problem with it!!

It was 5pm on a Friday the Doctor no doubt has gone home and the pharmacy closes at 7pm.
I was going to have to go the weekend without any medication!!!!

Thank God my doctor was in and answered his phone!! Truly a miracle!

My doctor fixed the script to read *no more then 3 in 24 hours* and I got my medication just minutes before the pharmacy closed!

Why are all Pharmacists jerks?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Man I sure am glad everything went through for you. I totally understand where your coming from. I guess they are just "doing their job" and it doesn't matter to them if we get our meds or not. Some months they will fill a script a few days early and on other occasions (depending on who is working I think) they will wait til the exact day to fill what I need.
Take care!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 am 
Listen, the pharmacist is there to serve me. If the pharmacist treats me like a criminal, I would first mention it to their boss/manager/whatever. If that doesn't work, call the national headquarters for Walgreens, CVS, or any of the other big chains. These big blockbuster pharmacies are supposed to be big on customer service. Just give the appropriate powers that be the pharmacist's name and tell them that you were treated like a criminal when you were trying to fill a legit prescription. Tell them unless the situation is remedied, you will take all of your business elsewhere. They should have a process to discipline their employees.
Then, I would take my scripts elsewhere so the pissed-off pharmacist doesn't rub your pills on his **** while he's refilling it next time.
There is no excuse for anyone with a medical illness to be treated like a second-class citizen just for trying to get doctor-prescribed treatment.