Our Sponsors

Yes or No to New Suboxone Films
Yes( ) 64%  64%  [ 51 ]
No ( ) 36%  36%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 80
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys well ive been on the films for a full week now AND I LOVE THEM!. Hears a few pros and cons i have with them.

Pros
* Work a thousand times better for my knee pains

* Are gone in minutes compared to haveing two huge orange pills in my mouth for a half hour

* Easy to use on the go instead of haveing a bunch of pill rattleing around in my pocket and everyone gives me the look. you know the look :?

* The SIZE IS A HUGE PLUS. meaning some days when i have really bad pain i get a upset stomach well the pills being so big would make me gag some days and make thing even worst. But with the films you cant even tell its in your mouth.

* MY BIGGEST PLUS is my teeth. thats the one thing i hated about the pills/suboxone! i would always get a lil orange plack on my bottom teeth and it would drive me nuts. well with the films that is just a old memory no more orange teeth lol.

Many more but those a just a few

Cons
* Not the taste why its in my mouth but when i have to swallow it down nasty

* After taste it leaves in my mouth. Ive never been the best student and i have to stay the whole class so i dont miss anything. well you cant bring water bottles in the class room so sitting with that nasty after taste for 2 hours is not fun! and i hate the taste of gum, mints or candy after i take my suboxone.

Besides those 2 nothing else

Well im starting this pole to hear what you guys have to say about the films, good or bad post it up. Im 100% for them but want to hear and see what others think about them. and i also think this thread will be helpfull for people that are thinking about switching from pills to films so b4 they make that switch they know every lil good or bad thing about them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Bboy, I'm glad the strips/films are working out for you. I've been on them a couple of weeks myself. My biggest problem is the nasty-ass taste! I can't seem to get past it. Yes, they dissolve super fast, but YUCKY! As for my pain relief, I haven't noticed any difference between the film and the tablets. I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to not caring for the film. I'm still hoping I'll adjust to the taste.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like the film so much better.

Faster to dissolve by so much and I feel my dose is consistent every day. I have been on for over a month now. I feel like I got more time added to my life. The tablets took so long for me, like an hour and the film takes about 15 minutes. that 45 minutes adds up.

As for the taste, yes it is worse than the pills but doesn't bother me in the least.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hey Bboy, I'm glad the strips/films are working out for you. I've been on them a couple of weeks myself. My biggest problem is the nasty-ass taste! I can't seem to get past it. Yes, they dissolve super fast, but YUCKY! As for my pain relief, I haven't noticed any difference between the film and the tablets. I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to not caring for the film. I'm still hoping I'll adjust to the taste.

Glad to see others have enjoyed the films.

as of you hat sorry to hear still trying to get past the taste. yes it is really bad!!!!!! But i got use to it real quick but then again im over the whole how any pill taste thing after chewing down oxys like mnms with out water some days. But as of my pain and the films working better i dont know what it is. i think i guess im getting a more consistent dose then i did with the pills meaning im getting better absorbing with the bup maybe so my pain level is down.

But im scard to say i hurt my bad knee real bad last night playing with the dog and now i think im gonna have to increase my dose back up to 24mgs which i really didnt want to do cause it took me a lil while to get down to 16 but the pain is to much.

Post subject: I just don't get it!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

glen bee wrote:

Faster to dissolve by so much and I feel my dose is consistent every day. I have been on for over a month now. I feel like I got more time added to my life. The tablets took so long for me, like an hour and the film takes about 15 minutes. that 45 minutes adds up.

As for the taste, yes it is worse than the pills but doesn't bother me in the least.

I seriously don't get it...I read so many posts saying it takes people 45 min to let their Suboxone disolve. It has *never* taken me that long, and I feel like I dose perfectly. I put them in my mouth, move it under my tongue so it dissolves very quickly, usually within 3-4 min, then swish it around in my mouth, all over on the sides, the roof, the cheeks, etc...The total process takes me 20 min...I can't imagine it taking longer than that? But, I guess everybody is different. And so many people don't like the taste of the Suboxone, I think it tastes great..I think I am definitely in the minority. Although, I don't actually take Suboxone anymore; I get the generic subutex and I thank God for that, such a money saver..and they work the exact same, except no orange taste.

Post subject: Re: I just don't get it!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

maleko wrote:
glen bee wrote:

I seriously don't get it...I read so many posts saying it takes people 45 min to let their Suboxone disolve. It has *never* taken me that long, and I feel like I dose perfectly. I put them in my mouth, move it under my tongue so it dissolves very quickly, usually within 3-4 min, then swish it around in my mouth, all over on the sides, the roof, the cheeks, etc...The total process takes me 20 min...I can't imagine it taking longer than that? But, I guess everybody is different. And so many people don't like the taste of the Suboxone, I think it tastes great..I think I am definitely in the minority. Although, I don't actually take Suboxone anymore; I get the generic subutex and I thank God for that, such a money saver..and they work the exact same, except no orange taste.

I forgot to say...I just wonder why it take people so long?....Very curious to know. It doesn't have to be a very long process. One hour is way too long and, in my humble opinion, an unnecessary waste of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well i cant tell you why anyone else takes there suboxone for so long but i can tell you why i did when i was on the pills.

First a big part of it is your dose. for ex i use to take 24 mgs and i took it all at once. so i would wait for all 3 pills to finally dissolve then would keep the spit in my mouth for 30 minutes so total time about 45 mins. And the reason i did take it that way is because im on suboxone for pain and recovery so ive notice the longer i hold the spit in my mouth with the pills the longer my pain stays down. but when i was in a hurry my pain would be up. so i asked my dr about this and was told with the sub pills its takes a lil bit to get the full dose of bup from the pill and when i would hurry i would swallow down the spit b4 all the bup absorb and once swallowed its no good bup wise. Which is why i love the films because im getting my full dose of bup much quicker which makes my life much better cause i dont have pills in my mouth for 45 minutes now just 15 with films.

and this is just me everyone is different. but please keep in mind for myself i have OCD so once something is made up in my head my body goes that way aka my brain thinks i need to take it for a certain amount of time to have it work fully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Somewhere along the way I lost my gag reflex when it comes to bitter nasty tasting
alkaloid tastes like P tea and Kratom the later being the nastiest of all time but I "digest"
I am doing well on the Roxanne ( I think that is the name of the manufacturer ) generic subutex
(buprenorphine 8mg) , and they don't even make effort to mask the taste of the
bupe. and binders.. but I somehow keep it on a specific place under my tongue where
I don't taste it and I discovered this was my secret to not ending up having to swallow
extra saliva.Still takes 15 min though since I won't hurry something that is dose -specific

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

anginapain wrote:
Somewhere along the way I lost my gag reflex when it comes to bitter nasty tasting
alkaloid tastes like P tea and Kratom the later being the nastiest of all time but I "digest"
I am doing well on the Roxanne ( I think that is the name of the manufacturer ) generic subutex
(buprenorphine 8mg) , and they don't even make effort to mask the taste of the
bupe. and binders.. but I somehow keep it on a specific place under my tongue where
I don't taste it and I discovered this was my secret to not ending up having to swallow
extra saliva.Still takes 15 min though since I won't hurry something that is dose -specific

Yea im the same way the whole nasty pill taste just doesnt bother me anymore after my addiction. and i agree you should never hurry something like this in my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

sounds like the films are working out for a lot. myself i take 2mg subutex(generic) personally i think the small tablets dissolve more evenly than the large(i started on 8mg suboxone 4x day) the film seems to me just another money market thing something they could have already had on the market, but waited until the generics hit the old wallet. but as long as they allow you guys to live a clean and sober life i give them a thumbs up!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

clean6/6/07 wrote:
sounds like the films are working out for a lot. myself i take 2mg subutex(generic) personally i think the small tablets dissolve more evenly than the large(i started on 8mg suboxone 4x day) the film seems to me just another money market thing something they could have already had on the market, but waited until the generics hit the old wallet. but as long as they allow you guys to live a clean and sober life i give them a thumbs up!!

I ask myself the same question every day. we could all say why we think but none of us truely know why they went with the films after haveing the pill form for so long.

My dr said quote on quote, these are his words not mine. That suboxone pills are finding there way to the streets more and more and with a pill once it leaves the pharm. its gone for ever. but with the films each foil packet has a number on it that can be traced back to you if found on the wrong person. i know i know yes you can just take them out of the package but from handeling the films now for a lil bit they rip real easy so it would def be hard to sell them with out the foils still being in tack. but im sure people will find a way around it like they always do so who knows. but thats why i was told they switched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I love the film so much more. I can take a smaller dose and it works just as well and takes so much less time to dissolve. As for the taste, when I was pregnant and on Subutex I could not handle the taste so when it was time to swallow it I would just pop a few sour patch kids in my mouth and chew them up and swallow it all together so that is what I do with the film now and it helps immensely. ~Linds~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I like them so much more than the tablets, the time in takes to dissolve is only minutes, and the taste is bitter, but getting used to it. When I spoke to my therapist she said that the pharmacy rep gave them placebo strips and they tasted like lime. Now would that not be great? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I like the strips better. The taste is not bad while it dissolves, but worse than the pill when you swallow it. It adheres to the bottom of your tongue on impact. So there's less chance of it falling out of your mouth when you talk. Come on! I know you've done this, right? I cany believe no one has mentioned the $75 coupon being offered towards out of pocket costs. That helps it taste a little better.

Post subject: Films
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I love them. I feel dosed properly, & they last all day. I am glad I switched!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:40 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I'm on the film now. Without warning, my doctor wrote my script for film at my last visit. That sucked! I really would have liked to have been given the opportunity to discuss any concerns that I might have had about the change. First of all, my pharmacy orders 90 2mg tablets a month specifically for my prescription, which I wasn't able to fill this past month. Instead, I had a script for films, which they didn't have.

I don't like the fact that the films expire in 6 months compared to a year with the tablets. Also, as was mentioned in another post here, I suspect that the films will degrade more quickly and more easily.

I was surprised (but encouraged) to hear that so many people find the film favorable. I'm only on 1mg (and, therfore, am cutting the strips in half). I dose in the morning. I didn't notice that there was a change in the way that I felt after dosing. But, 24 hours later, I felt like crap. I figured that I swallowed too soon and didn't absorb as well.

So, it's been a bit of a rocky start on the film. But, I'll try to be positive about it, not that I've been given any choice in the matter.

specifically . I don't like the fact that they expire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:58 pm 
Huh i never noticed the expiration date was 6 months. I wouldnt take that as anything more than an estimation, Ive used so many medications that were past expiration back in my using days and they were just as good. I posted in another thread that I used norcos that my friend got out of his grandmas medicine cabinet and they were 5 years past expired and I didnt notice any difference. Im assuming as long as you have them in the un opened package they stay good for a long time. Im with you tho Ive been having a rocky start with the films as well, i dont like them. Its hard as hell for me to get them in the correct spot under my tongue. I go to put it under my tongue and sometimes it sticks to my finger which is very annoying, so now I just try to drop it but it usually ends up in an awkward spot and I have to move it over with a toothpick. Im only on them for the discount card and will be changing back to the tablets in march. The tablets are just all around 100% better in my opinion, I dont like having to deal with a super delicate film strip where if my hands are the tiniest bit sweaty when Im holding it its going to get ruined. I dont notice that it has much better absorbtion than the tablets either, I feel pretty much exactly the same sometimes worse with the film. I wish i was one of those people who post that they had to lower their dose with the film because they got dizzy and sick from getting to much of a dose compard to the tablets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

suboxOWNED wrote:
I wish i was one of those people who post that they had to lower their dose with the film because they got dizzy and sick from getting to much of a dose compard to the tablets.

Although I quoted only this sentence, I could relate to most all of your post (including the expired scripts.... even 4-year expired hydrocodone syrup remains potent enough to be good). But, I don't want my new drugs to expire in six months (and the pharmacy had to order them. So, it wasn't even like they had them sitting on the shelf for a month). It's the priniciple of the thing, I guess. :roll:

This morning I was awakened BY the withdrawals. Although I've awakened IN withdrawal almost every day since starting the film, the symptoms have been mild enough that I was awakened by my alarm, just woke feeling crappy. That's not what happened this morning. This morning, the pain and sweating were so bad that they woke me a half-hour before my alarm was set to wake me. 60-90 minutes after dosing, I'm fine.

For over a month my dose has been down to 1mg a day. I was doing great with the tablets. It seems as though the film doesn't have quite the same half-life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hope that as soon as my insurance covers it I want to get right on the film the main reason I want to is the time to disolve pills for me is 30 45 mins and it is a pain to try and take them at work,most of the time I have to spit a nice amount out just because I am a manager and I have to solve every problem in my store. Anyway I called my insurance and asked if they cover it, they said all I see that we cover is suboxone. Could that meen film to? This is the only hold up for me making the switch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thesphinx wrote:
I hope that as soon as my insurance covers it I want to get right on the film the main reason I want to is the time to disolve pills for me is 30 45 mins and it is a pain to try and take them at work,most of the time I have to spit a nice amount out just because I am a manager and I have to solve every problem in my store. Anyway I called my insurance and asked if they cover it, they said all I see that we cover is suboxone. Could that meen film to? This is the only hold up for me making the switch

Suboxone tabs are suboxone
Suboxone films are suboxone so I think your HI should cover the films just like they would cover the tabs. There is no difference in the medication both have bup and naloxone. SO you should prolly tell them the difference and why you like to change if you already haven’t and ask if they can give you the same coverage on the SUBOXONE films and the tabs.

Wow christen im sorry to hear that you are wakening up in WD each day since you started the film have you talked with your DR at all about this and maybe changing back to the tabs if this is the case?