Yes or No to New Suboxone Films
Yes( ) 64%  64%  [ 51 ]
No ( ) 36%  36%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ive been on the films a month now i like them better than tablets..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer the tablets. I feel like they worked faster, and I could take them sooner after my last fix (~16 hours) without getting sick. Not sure why that is, but it's definitely the case for me. Also, even though a lot of people are saying the opposite, I find the taste of the strips totally nauseating. When I'm going through withdrawal, I'm right on the edge of puking/gagging all the time anyway, and I have to fight really hard to keep from vomiting when I put the film in my mouth...I also can't get rid of the taste for the life me after. Yuck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with you, Heather. I tried the films for about 3-4 weeks and just couldn't get past the taste. They practically made me gag. Luckily, my doctor had no problem putting me back on the tablets.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone since 2005 I recently Was switched to the films, I am on 16mg a day I have been on the films for two weeks now and I have had a horrible headache everytime I take my dose so every morning it is suboxone + ibuprofen which is a killer on my stomach I never had headaches with the tablets and was doing really well with my recovery, I feel like 16mg was plenty on the tabs but with the film I feel pretty crappy I split up my dose which I am suppose to take it all at once even splitting it up I am restless at night and having WD:( I talked to my new doctor about it personally I don't like her I would much rather have my old doc back but he left the practice:( and she said it was just the change my body had to gt use to it, still waiting I don't find it fair that I don't have a choice in the medicine I take, it really sucks, the doc said my Medicare wouldn't cover them which is not tru because I just got them 2wks prior then she went on to say oh it's our Policy to do the films. Sucks for me because she doesnt even remember my name or my situation and doesn't care that I feel like shit everyday, at this point I am feeling like using more & more. Haven't felt like this in over three years. I was doing so good before the switch and I would like to just switch back to the tablets. I am not good with change and appatently either is my body!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lifeline - It's funny, some people switch to the films and find them stronger and can lower their dose. Others have the opposite reaction and need to raise their dose. You sound like one of the latter. Also, it sounds like the naloxone in the films is giving you headaches. When you're done dissolving the film and are ready to swallow, try spitting it out instead. Many people find this helps to get rid of those headaches. Good luck with that. I hope the doctor listens and will address your needs.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I like them so much better than the tablets. Its easier for me to carry them at work and takes alot less time to take. but the same time i was put on the film my doctor lowerd my dose. so am not sure if it is the film or if my dose is to low. I like the films so i just will keep them and hope fully my doc will give me the right dose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I like them so much better than the tablets. Its easier for me to carry them at work and takes alot less time to take. but the same time i was put on the film my doctor lowerd my dose. so am not sure if it is the film or if my dose is to low. I like the films so i just will keep them and hope fully my doc will give me the right dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like the strips a lot more too. I was on the tablets the 1st week and then I switched to the film to use the coupon. I agree they are much easier to take with you, and much easier to take. They dissolve much quicker and I feel they deliver the Bupe much more efficiently. I read a lot that RB just made them because the patent was running out. Maybe, I don't know but I think it is a HUGE improvement over the tabs. Oh to add, if I only dosed once a day I wouldn't mind the tabs as much but for me dosing 3 times a day with tabs just takes up so much more time vs the film.