It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yes or No to New Suboxone Films
Yes( ) 64%  64%  [ 51 ]
No ( ) 36%  36%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 pm 
No offense taken man dont worry about it. Yeah lifesaver I agree with you that it should probably be a permanent thing but for now Im happy even with the small amount he gave me because it shows that he believes me and is willing to at least prescribe something to help me out and thats a step in the right direction. Alot of sub docs wouldnt even consider Rx'ing a benzo along with sub so I feel that Im am extremely luck he understood. He could tell I was in a bad place when I came in today and after I pretty much poured out everything and was honest he understood. He also gave me paxil to try and help with my anxiety and to be honest if that works out in the long run I dont even want to take the benzos. But if it doesnt im just gonna be honest and tell him the ativan taken as needed (not daily) for panic is what is working best and I think he will understand. As long as I dont take it everyday which Im not gonna and don't get dependant on it I think he will be ok with it. I do have daily anxiety but I dont even want benzos everyday because for one they stop working very well after awhile and two I dont need another addiction to worry about. Still no word realy about the patient assistance the nurse said she was going to re submit my papers and call the person in charge of the program and ask if they can bump the girl who has my spot off the program for chronic relapses and replace her with me since Ive always been clean since I started and she hasn't been clean once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Please people this thread is about film versus pills. Iam an hour and twenty minutes from starting the film for the first time and am in severe withdrawal. I have been off opiates for almost 24 hours :shock: You guys are killing me :D just kidding. I am just trying to pass the time and this site has been a huge help. Peace not War, Moto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep in mind that threads almost take on a life of their own. They change and grow based on what everyone is sharing. There has been some disagreement here, yes, but I don't think it's a problem. Everything is copacetic now, so I don't see a problem with the way this thread has progressed.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Keep in mind that threads almost take on a life of their own. They change and grow based on what everyone is sharing. There has been some disagreement here, yes, but I don't think it's a problem. Everything is copacetic now, so I don't see a problem with the way this thread has progressed.

well said HAT its real cool that these threads are allowd to grow and live and i think you learn so much more froming being honest than mods deleteing everything that isnt what they want to see like other sites ive been on you really dont know how anyone felt cause if they tryed to express a disagreement or whatever it maybe was deleted in 2 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It does defy logic, but most doses of a brand name medication costs about the same. If not, people could buy combinations of smaller doses to save money. This can depend also on how long the med has been out, as the prices relax over time. For instance, my dose of Zyprexa costs right at $1000 a month. A dose about half that is now about $500, but I remember when it was the same. Personally, I believe that Suboxone should be a generic anyway since it is a combination of two very old generics. No way would any other generic paired with another generic become an expensive brand name medication. So it is very fucked up.

I wasn't trying to say "you are wrong", or anything like that. I guess after thinking about it it IS really suckass that RB charges so much....what really bothers me is that they don't have a very good patient assistance program. I think basically they should provide reduced-cost or free medication to those who cannot afford it but must use it.

That's the problem: when you mix capitalism and medicine, this is what you get.

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:05 pm 
Creel:

Yep the patient assistance program is very helpful for the 3 people who can be on it. But i think it should be more like 10, or 20, or 50. Ya know? Its complete shit and its not fair to the other 97 patients the doctor may have. They have made enough money by now to start providing a little more help to people. Also, the price of the medicine over time should have gone down and the shit has gone up. Its been in the US since 2003. I mean come on, wth? Its crazy!! Im thankful for the med as it has gave me my life back but i know so many people who would kill to be on it but just cant afford it, and will most likely die of addiction. What is the world coming to when you have a medication that can save someones life but they just cant afford it. Im gonna stop here cuz i could ramble on and on about this. =PEACEOUT

Post subject: film vs. tablet
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is my first post and actually my first time on this sight. So 'hello' to all these fellow buprenorphine users! I am having a very hard time getting used to these strips. I have recently changed doctors who insists on the strips. She stated the strips were marketed to steer away from abuse with the tablets. Whatever the decision, i've yet to find any benefits from them. I have never abused my suboxone, other than taking more than prescribed... which i guess would fall under the abuse category, lol. But, I only took more if I felt I needed it. I've never snorted or injected, always sub-linguallly. Anywho, I have gone from taking 8mg/day off and on for 4 years, to taking 28mg/day!! I could take a half pill in the morning, and half at night and be great. I'm not finding the same affects with the strips. Obviously, with the huge dose increase. I also used to be able to put a tablet in my mouth when I went to bed, and woke up feeling great. My doctor didn't think going to bed with it would make a difference, but I know I'm not that crazy to notice such a differenct. I have read some other posts on here and as I type am leaving the strip and saliva in my mouth hoping for stronger effects. I asked my doc if any of her patients had noticed any different effects with the strips, and all she said was the taste. I am AWESOME with the taste if it means no WD symptoms... lol. Anyone else having such problems with the switch? Or any other ideas of what to do to make the film effects last longer???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi pitbull - welcome to the forum. The most common response to the strips that I've seen are actually the opposite of your issues - many people find them stronger (due to better bio-availability) and are actually able to lower their dose. I have, however, heard of a couple of people who had to increase their dose with the strips. The strips dissolve pretty quickly and easily, so I'm really not sure what could be causing the need for a higher dose. (Personally, I abhorred the taste of the strips, so my doctor switched me back to the tablets.)

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I'm sure others who are using the strips will come along and offer their thoughts. I hope you figure out what's going on and can get re-stabilized again. Best of luck to you and again, welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

motomonkey wrote:
Please people this thread is about film versus pills. Iam an hour and twenty minutes from starting the film for the first time and am in severe withdrawal. I have been off opiates for almost 24 hours :shock: You guys are killing me :D just kidding. I am just trying to pass the time and this site has been a huge help. Peace not War, Moto

Good Luck i hope your doinf fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I just took my first film of Suboxone toady and I absolutely love it. I've heard that the pills take a much longer time to dissolve and taste like crap. The films take only about 2-3 minutes to dissolve and taste almost like an orange supplemental drink. definitely try it if you have the choice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am so excited- this is the first time I have something unique to contribute to this forum!

Here is a scary thing that happened to me today, and it falls right in line with the pros and cons of film vs pills.
Let me say right up front that it might seem as if I am less than careful with my meds, but that is not the case.
One of the things specifically mentioned in my treatment contract is that if I lose my meds in anyway, or if they are accidentally destroyed, they will not be replaced until my next scheduled prescription appt.

But this is what happened today:

When I picked up my first rx Monday afternoon, I was overdue for my next dose of suboxone, so I opened the little
foil package right there in my car, and carefully cut the suboxone film in half. The film does seem rather fragile
so I carefully put the remaining half back into the foil and tucked it into an inside pocket of my wallet.
Then I took my 4 mg.

The next day my doctor and I agreed that I should try taking 6 mg, and it seems to be working very well for me.
But that means that I will use up the entire amount she prescribed ( 5 films, 8 mg each= 40 mg)
the day before my next appt. That's okay, I take my suboxone at 4PM and the appt is at 1:30PM, so I will have
a new script in time to stay out of WD, but if I lose even one piece of one film, TROUBLE!

When I got home today I remembered the 4 mg of film in my wallet and decided to take it along with a 2 mg
piece cut from a new film. Thank God I decided to use that leftover film! Imagine my instant anxiety when
I opened the foil packet and there was NOTHING IN IT!!! OMG! Great, my first week in treatment and I am already
going to be begging my doctor for extra meds or reducing my dose without asking her!!! I looked in my wallet, dumped
my purse, peeled the foil all the way open...nothing. I went ahead and took a 6 mg dose, figuring I could
keep looking for the lost sub while the stuff melted in my mouth. I was almost in tears.

Finally I pulled all the plastic cards out of my wallet. And there on the back of my Costco card was my 4 mg
sub film!!! I still have no idea how it fell out of the package and how it got into another pocket of my wallet.
Thank god I don't have to call my doctor and tell her I am an idiot.

The point of this long story is that the film is indeed more easily lost or destroyed than a pill. If you drop the film
and it falls into something you might never find it. Of course you can't get it wet, and you won't hear it hit the floor.
You can't feel it with your hands, either, if it fell just right into a floor crack or something.

So be careful! I know I sure will. Whew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i def like the film but i have only been on it for three days. so far i dont have that drop off that i usualyl have with the pills. At around 4-6pm i start to feel cranky and a little withdrawally and i usually take my next dose. with the strips there doesnt seem to be such a big drop off, but i probably need to give it a couple days. I also find the taste yucky but the pills taste bad and the taste lingers a lot longer when you take the pills. Even when you brush your teeth the pills still leave a nasty taste in your mouth. The problem with the strips is they are harder to open and you have to be very careful if you have kids or animals because you dont want themt to fall on the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
I must be crazy because I actualy kind of like the taste of suboxone, it does not taste bad AT ALL to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

crazy? im not sure about that but interesting taste buds....yes ^^^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

suboxOWNED, I think suboxone taste like super concentrated baby aspirin...I like it, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i like how baby aspirin taste....i guess i can see the similairity but i def dont enjoy the taste of subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Long time reader, but first time posting. I started on Suboxone about a year ago, I am on the assisatance program and it ends in two months. I had my monthy Dr visit yesterday, left the office very confussed and full of anxiety because I wanted to make some sort of plan to start to drop down my dose from 8mg 3xaday to, well I don't really know...I will no longer have the assistance program to help me after April 18th and I just started a new job today (insurance won't kick in for at least 90 days) I knew my year was almost up and "tried" to ask my Dr last month what I needed to due to start to come down incase I could not afford the pills anymore, he just looked at me like I was stupid and said "well go down to two a day" Well fine so I did that and all was fine..Okay so I go to pick up my script today and the pharmacy tells me it's not being covered, I call the insurance and they tell me only the films are covered now....I find it hard to believe that my Dr's office had NO idea of this switch. The pharmacist and my Dr claim they are the same thing. I have had two 8mg today, I felt fine after my first dose, but after my second one this evening I'm feeling super dizzy and sick to my stomach. I guess my questions are...if I want to come down to one a day when should I start to do that and for how long? I know these are questions my Dr should be answering, but he is no help. I don't feel like I should stop and I don't want to stop, it's a money issue, I'm scared, I don't want to be stuck at a high dose when the program ends with no insurance and have to cold turkey or be buying more then I should/need. I have been doing GREAT since I started on these. I have been clean and off my drug of choice (methadone) for a little over 4 yrs now, the only reason I started on the Subs was a year ago I have some dental work and started to go down that road again with vicodin thank God it only lasted a week or two, but my cravings were so bad I knew I had to do something! Bottom line even if the films end up being okay does anyone have any suggestions on my next step. I really hope I didn't just write a bunch of stuff that was not needed in order to ask one question. :?: ..lol...thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Chico and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to post. First I highly doubt that your doctor knew about the change in your prescription drug coverage. They have dozens of patients with different insurance policies.

With regard to your dose...Unless you're taking sub for pain, you are on a fairly high dose. You should easily be able to get down to only 8 mg/day. Don't jump down too fast though. Generally speaking, when dropping one's dose but still staying comfortably above the ceiling (at or around 4 mg), it can be done with little to no discomfort.

I hope this answers your question(s). Let me know if it didn't. Good luck dropping your dose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you Hatmaker!

Post subject: Wow Thank You Sub Doc
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]Wow, Thank you soo much for your wonderful information and advice about Suboxone, Im still a newcomer to Suboxone and am one of the ones who winds up with a mouth full of orange spit walking around like a mute for a half an hour. I read your piece on dissolving the Sub and using it as paste and painting the surfaces of my mouth, but i cant seem to figure out how to only use alittle bit of saliva i seem to wind up with a whole damn mouth full of orange yuck. i know it sounds stupid but i just cant seem to stop making spit. Well anyhow ive just today switched to the Suboxone films, and so far they seem to work fairly well my mouth doesnt seem to want to flood but they kinda seem burn to burn, wondering if this is normal, and if you have any advice as far as how long i should leave it it and should i move it around under my tongue and should i swollow the spit once the film has dissolved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again thank you for your advice and for this website. Your YouTube video is what made me seek out a Suboxone Dr and get myself into treatment.[/color][/font]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next