It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:15 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

And my husband has one. So, I wrote the other week about about my hubs needing to go on Sub b/c he is an addict (a husband and wife addict, we are wuite the pair aren't we? ;-). Well, it just so happens his family doc that was prescribing him massive amts of narcotics for his botched back surgery (he is a really cool dr though and not the one who botched his back up) is also a SUB doc! So, my hubs finally see's him today and tells him everything about being addicted. So, the doc gives him 24 subs, just gives them to him for nothing! And only charges him $58 for the visit! I was floored! Unfortunately he doesn't have any pt asst program spots open and ccan't give him anymore sub but it gives us a chance to save up for his next script and we don't have to worry about outrageous appt visit costs. Oh and I have my husband back. He is totally himself again. Looks like we don't need a divorce after all......

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm 
Wow, RTLmom! That is fantastic! I'd say it took some courage on your husband's part to be honest with the doctor who was actually prescribing his pain meds. That's impressive and really shows how badly he wants to get better. I'm sure seeing you doing well on Suboxone helped him with the decision. (That, and apparently not wanting to lose you/his family!) I hope it will work well enough for his pain issues as well. I feel really sorry for people like him (and my mom) and so many others who have had "botched" or failed back surgery(ies) and end up in worse pain than they had beforehand! They're caught in that vicious cycle of opiate dependence and tolerance and all too often, addiction soon follows. It's so unfair. And it seems like most of the doctors involved are not very sympathetic and/or blame the patient for all the problems that follow.
I agree with you....what an awesome doctor! To not only be understanding and willing to treat him with Suboxone at a very reasonable price, then on top of that, just hand him a generous supply of meds to start with....well, that's just fantastic! I'm really happy for you both. Please keep us posted on how it goes with him. Hopefully, he'll be as successful with it as you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah, it was really hard for him to fess up about what was going on. But, he told him everything. He told his doc I was trying to help him but he would go in my purse and steal more pain meds when i was trying to hide them, he told his doc that Ihave been on sub and it has saved my life, and then he started crying and said "sorry for being a little bitch!" lol His dr said back "At least you are an HONEST little bitch" LMAO!

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

haha! Well I'm so glad that things ended up going so well :) That's such a great deal that the doctor he was already seeing also is licensed to prescribe Sub/bupe. I am one of those people who warms up very slowly to new people and while I'm a bit more comfortable around my Sub doctor now after nearly 4 years of being on Sub I wasn't so sure of him at first. I'm just happy that there didn't need to be the added anxiety of having to find and meet a new doctor for you guys. Anywho gotta go get some exercise it's just great to hear that things work out every once in awhile :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That is SO awesome! In my experience it is quite difficult when you AND your partner are addicts so it is great that he is on his way too. So where is he and why isn't HE telling this story eh? Hopefully he will jump on and join the group here although I can understand if he wasn't interested in that. Some people just aren't. Good to know any divorce plans are off for the time being and that you can experience him in a sober state. I am sure you will be busy getting reaquainted in coming weeks and I hope you enjoy your time together. I hope he continues to do well. Sounds like you are REALLY getting your life back. Very cool!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks guys, I'm really very excited about it. Paying out the extra money a month is worth it too me. Hopefully this is the new start of the rest of our lives together. We were seriously hanging by a thread.