It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It almost seems like a lifetime ago that I jumped...... Life is good, I still see my sub dr for antidepressants, but I only have to go 2x a year now.....every now and then I still get cravings but its nothing that I let mess with me.... I turned 50 this year and these are the best years of my life :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's so good to see a positive story this morning! Congratulations on TWO WHOLE YEARS!

See folks, it is possible! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! Two years and still kicking ass!!!!

Thanks for the update mg113!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WooHoo! Congratulations mg! And thank you for a positive post today! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I like and agree with all above posts. ( where is that darn like button on other comments) wishing u a lifetime of success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks guys...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

There is one other thing that I feel I must say :).... I fully believe what keeps me sober more then anything else is working out.....I can say I am addicted to working out, it makes me feel good, gives me energy, and a positive outlook about myself, the exercise for me helps me more than anything else I have done. I could not have gone thru withdrawal without sweating in the gym daily ... just had to advocate the exercise part

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amen on the working out, sister!!! Now drop and give me 20!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am doing doubles this week Romeo...... now drop and show me some zumba moves dude lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

when exactly did you completely feel like you were 100 percent back to your old self?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

deadsexy5803 I am not sure what my normal was but it seems like it took a couple months at the most for me to feel good........ it almost seemed like I was addicted to putting something under my tongue every day.......one other thing, I was and still am on anti depressants so maybe that's why I didn't get paws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yes, taking antidepressants when you are getting off any drugs will help your mood. I personally took Lexapro while detoxing the first time and just stayed on it because it helped me focus and not be so friggin emotional all the time.

Anyways, good for you that you have found an outlet like working out. It is good to attach yourself to a healthy habit when you are quitting another.

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:11 pm 

Congratulations mg113!

Two years is quite an accomplishment and not something we see here often enough. Thanks for giving us all a positive post today.

Would it be too much to ask if you would give just a brief history of your abuse, years or months on Sub, and how you did it? Eg: taper, cold turkey, etc. There are many here who don't remember your story. If not, we can always look up your old threads and find out for ourselves.

Great stuff to read today.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 am 

Yay for two years off all opiates, mg113!! Thanks for lifting us up with your positive example!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I can do that rule, and thanks Amy!!!

I live in Ky now, however prior to that ( lived here going on 7 years) I was a professional contourtionist and I also did stunts in a couple movies and needless to say I had back problems and the screen actors guild dr's loved to give me opiates ( at the same time my son was addicted to heroine). I was getting epidurals in my back and bottles of 180 vics at a time When I moved to KY I realized I was clearly addicted to pills ( vics perks never did oxys though) so I went from pills to methadone ( 2 yeas bad idea for me) to subs. Also keep in mind I have ALWAYS WORKED OUT... since I was in my 20's. I was on subs for about 2 1/2 years and I just honestly got tired of going to a dr monthly, I got tired of paying hundreds of dollars a month for medication to keep me out of withdrawal. I had also bought a house when I moved here and I really felt ready to be off all opiates.. so I did it and I jumped.

I wasent aware of what paws even was when I jumped and I refused to read about it because I felt if I knew about it, it would happen to me (my mind is a crazy thing). I think I started my taper in jan,, and I tapered down to like .125mg between jan and april then on tax day I was done. Took a few weeks but it wasent to bad ( the jump) however I wouldn't want to go thru that again I am to damn old for that shit :):)

I will also say that I believe my being physically fit and pushing my body to workout before during and after my jump really helped me cope with withdrawal. I also remember one week telling myself I had the flu and not withdrawal and taking some Nyquil a few nights to help my symptoms.

Also one other thing I want to mention, I started with the pills in my 30's, in my teens I was a heroine addcict, I got off h when I was 20, had my first child at 21.. and never used again, it wasent until I saw my pill habit going out of control ( when I left los angeles) that I realized I once again had a problem..

I did aa and na for a little bit and it helps for sure, but right now I have a therapist and a shrink and I am going well, got married and I am living the good life :)