It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: 3 Years Off Suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy, I don't think you did miss this post. In fact, I think you were one of the first to respond to this thread. Your initial response had a link to some kind of e-card, remember? Once I was finally able to access the e-card, you took the link down, but I think you removed your entire post when you removed the link?

Anyhoo, I appreciate the congrats and the kind words!!

*sigh*, now it's confession time. Even with 3 years off Suboxone and well over a year since my last slip, I had a close call a week ago today. Long story short, I ran into someone who I know usually has pills and I asked him for a couple of tabs.....thank goodness he said he didn't have any, even though I'm pretty sure he did. I told this fella a long time ago that I was done with pills and never to give me any and he didn't, but I still asked. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations Romeo!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ya, it can be embarrassing sometimes when you ask for something you know someone has, and they even want your money, but won't give it to you because they care about you. But it's also good to know that they do care about you. That shows true friendships. I certainly don't have any friends like that.

So, I was just wondering Romeo, did anything particular kind of push you into that craving feeling? Like, did something bad happen that day, or were you bored, or just plain sad, or something like that?

And also, if you don't mind sharing, how did you feel later that day and afterwards? Did you get over your craving feeling? Did you go somewhere/do something and did that get your mind off of it, or make you happy and take care of the feeling?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you, Amy14921978.

Hey IM. Yeah, it was a little embarrassing when he said no, but I got over it pretty quickly. A year or two ago, had this happened, I would have been obsessing about finding drugs for hour upon hour or even days, but this time I was able to get over it within a few minutes.

I knew it was stupid of me to ask him for any and even though he pissed me off by saying no, after a few minutes, I knew it was for the best. I really didn't do anything in particular to snap out of it. I think I just realized pretty quickly, after he said no, of course, that I had fucked up by asking him for some.

As for what pushed me to ask him in the first place.....the simple answer is I'm an addict. The longer answer is that I had rotated off my creatine supplement (a work out supplement) about two weeks ago. Creatine has been shown in some studies to level mood, in addition to aiding in muscle repair after a work out. When I stopped my creatine, I noticed mood issues fairly quickly, but pushed through them. A week after stopping my creatine, I was due for a week break from my work outs. I REALLY missed my work outs and didn't take any creatine that week because I wasn't lifting. I think a combination of the two got to me.

In the future, instead of just stopping my creatine suddenly, I'll taper it down for a week or two and I probably won't line up stopping creatine with my week off lifting again.

Thanks for the questions, they helped me to think through this episode better and to make a change so it doesn't happen again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Content removed. User banned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Content removed from banned user.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm pretty sure this post is called "three years off suboxone" not "three years sober".

If you would read the entire thread Romeo even admits its only been ONE YEAR since his last relapse.

I have found that people on this forum are pretty honest and Romeo is one of them. With the anonymity that comes with this forum and the Internet in general you can say whatever you want and nobody can prove otherwise. For Romeo to come on this forum and talk about his relapses, his close calls, and his struggles to get off the suboxone I think is commendable and shows a great deal about his character.

And for you to come here and try to discredit him shows a great deal about YOUR CHARACTER.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I also would like to congratulate you Romeo. You have been a wonderful friend. Your willingness to help people, including myself, just shows how much you truly care about others.

So congrats on three years off suboxone! It really takes guts to face life on lifes terms and you my friend are doing it with ease!

Three years and hopefully many more to come!

Peace and love always

Squeaky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Content removed. Banned user.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I usually lurk but decided to post---not taking sides in this, but I'll just say that three years off is something to be proud of, and we've all had struggles. With that said, it's true there are a ton of people who "make up" their sober time to maintain a rep, on all websites. It's just a part of life on the Internet.

Back to lurking. Peace all and best of luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's posts like these that really get my dander up at times. Squeaky is exactly right, this thread of Romeo's is titled "3 Years Off Suboxone" and NOT 3 Years Clean or Sober. And believe me when I tell you that Romeo does know the difference. He knows it and fully admits that in several of his posts around the forum.

I'm new here, and happy to have met a few members both on and off the forum. I can say for a 100% fact that Romeo is one honest guy. He tells it exactly like it is. He fully admits his "slips" during his 3 Years Off Suboxone and only claims about 1 year completely clean.

To have him come back and post about his recent near-miss only shows how committed he really is to not only both honesty, but sobriety as well. It's people like Romeo I want helping me and in my corner.

And he has done just that offering me solid advice and suggestions during my time here. He understands not only addiction in general, but Suboxone as well. I am proud to claim him as a good friend and someone I can count on anytime to be there for me with offers of help.

Thank you Romeo for all you do here on this forum, and for being such a great friend to not only me, but many others here as well. And congratulations to you sir!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey winningduhepic (aka---Elasticbananaman),

I titled this post 3 years off Suboxone instead of 3 years clean because I don't have 3 years clean. I do, however, have over 3 years off of Suboxone.

Anyone on this site who has read even a few of my posts knows that I've slipped several times, including you, as you stated in your first post on this thread. I don't try to hide the fact that I've slipped, if anything, I mention it fairly often because I want those who are considering getting off Suboxone to be aware that it can and does happen. And like Squeaky pointed out, about 8 or 9 posts above this one, I said, "Even with 3 years off Suboxone and well over a year since my last slip..."

Also, it seems kinda odd for someone like you to come on here and call someone else out for being dishonest. You're the one who came here last year and posted as your mother claiming that you OD'd and died. You're the one who keeps getting banned, then you change or hide your IP so you can make a new account. You're the one who had 3 accounts at once and would carry on conversations with yourself. So please, spare me your self-righteousness.

I have posted this before, but I'll go ahead and update it. Over the last 1164 days (3 years, 2 months and 9 days) I've had 14 days where I wasn't clean. That's 98.8% clean over a three year time period. For someone who spent the previous 25 years of his life on one drug or another every single day, I'd say I'm kickin' ass!! :D (It really breaks my heart that you're not sharing in my joy here, man. NOT!!! LOL!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WOW! Elastic bananaman, Dmack, or whoever you are, I was shocked when I read your post. I have only posted a few times on this forum. But I try to read all the new posts daily. So, I feel like I know Romeo and Tiny Dancer. Even thoughh they don't know it. I fully believe what they say, as do most of the other members on this forun, and I think that your attacks on them is just plain mean and hurtful. There was no need for you to come on here and attack them. Okay, I'm back to lurking too. Carry on.
Susie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well said Romeo, Tinydancer, and Susie.

We need a "like" button on this forum similar to what facebook has. Many times I have really liked and agreed with someones post and not been able to add anything further to what a person has already said in a post of my own..

It sure would be nice to have that like button available to click on it to show full support for that persons post, to let them know what they had to say was well received, agreed with, and liked.

How about it those of you in charge of those kinds of things. Would it be possible to make that happen?

Thanks,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ya gonna have to put my 2 cents in here....Romeo & Tiny Ur AMAZING!!! I am not sure who or what this guy is doing but he needs to go away!!!

We are all works in progress...I mean at least you can admit when uve had slips & Romeo I love how u have it down to the percentage BOOYAH!!!!
I don't post a whole lot and most of the time its pretty calm in here and I was simply appauled at those post I have never came on here and been pissed off!!!

Romeo & Tiny Thanks for all the great words of encouragement and great advice...U are very appreciated!!!!

Move on rubberband whatever ur name is!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll chip in...
Good job, Romeo.

On the like button issue... I've brought the idea up for discussion in the past. It would not be difficult to do, and I have always felt that it would increase use of this forum, perhaps dramatically.

But when I ask for feedback, the large majority of responses is that a like button would be a bad idea. They say that even though the forum is 'public', adding a 'like' button would open up the discussions to a large audience of people who have no experience with addiction-- who would read the comments with a different perspective than those of us who have been there.

I'm always open to further discussion.... with the new version, there are some other possibilities that I'm looking into, such as being able to vote topics up or down (without them getting posted on Facebook). But again.... we already seem to have plenty of conflict here, and I don't know if that degree of 'feedback' would open dialog... or shut it down.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congratulations Romeo. You actually inspired me to join this forum and I really appreciate your honesty. :D

Dr. Junig, thanks for offering this option for us to ponder. My experience with forums that offer "repping" or "like" buttons has been mixed. On large forums like city-data, the "like" button turns discussions into cesspools of flame-wars. On specialized forums, such as several others I participate in for health stuff, the like buttons foster feelings of intimacy and goodwill. However, those other forums are not about a topic that is as passionately debated as addiction.

I think it could be great for your primary site/blog to get some of the knowledgable members commenting or even contributing content (maybe in a Q&A or interview style?!?). They likely have a lot of wisdom to contribute and could help ward off posts of the "Oh my god, Suboxone ruined my life, I might as well go back to heroin" variety. What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow how I have been on Suboxone for 11 years tapered to 1/2 mg
6.20.16 I started Subutex 1 mg I cannot seem to lose weight I work out about 1 1/2 hours every day since May 3