It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 2 years off suboxone
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was on methadone for about 5 years. It's the worst, really. I got down to a certain level and then went to see the dr. about suboxone. It was expensive but worth it in the end. The starting dose seemed high to me so I self adjusted it so that I was not in discomfort. The pills were 8mg and I tapered for 2 years. Consider this: if you get 90 pills that are 8mg each you can take a razor blade and make 720 chips that are about 1 mg each, or you can make 360 larger chips that are 2 mg each. Now 360 2mg chips will last you one year. My point is that you might take 30 of those chips and make 60 days worth of 4mg chips. Since you stil have 60 of those 8mg pills you can take another 30 of them and make 80 3mg chips. Then you'll still have another 30 of the 8mg chips that you can make 120 2mg chips with. That's 60 days of 4mg chips, 80 days of 3mg chips and 120 days of 2mg chips, which is 260 days or 8.5 months. By that time you'll already have another prescription in hand and taper in the same manner all the way down to 0.5mg. At this point it gets difficult to divide an 8mg suboxone pill into 16 parts, but believe me, it can be done with a sharp razor blade, good eyesight, a steady hand and some good light. By following this method my taper lasted 18 months and it was not painful. I put the little chips under my tonge right before I went to bed every night to make sure that I got that all important sleep. This is a very inexpensive and painless way to get off opiods. You just have to be patient and disciplined about when you take then and how you cut them up. Don't cut up more than one pill at a time. Divide them in half with the razor blade, then divide the halves in half, then those in half. After a while you'll get real good at it. After I got down to 0.5 mg, I mean just a sliver every night right before I got into bed, I decided to jump off. There were only about two or three days of being slightly uncomfortable and one or two sleepless nights but with all that was at stake I found if very doable. You can do it too. Just be patient. Taper very gradually you will be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

IIII love you!! For posting that. I tapered to .5 for a few days, then .4 for a day, and today nothing! And you say only 2 days of shit! haha!! I'm going to do it this time!! I really will!! I'm 24 hours in and 24 to go!! I am going to BELIEVE that everything will be fine by next week... I will remember you mejor! And by the way, how are things going these days for you? No PAWS?

Post subject: @ invisiblemovement
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I should correct something in my post: my [i]taper lasted about 18 months[/i], I've been off all opiods for two years.

I know you can do this! If you are down to 1/2mg then you should be able to skip a day, see how it feels. If it hurts then take your 1/2mg the next day but try to skip the day after that. Seems like I remember doing that a few times. Got to where I could skip two days in a row, then I just stopped. I actually still had some suboxone left in my med cabinet for several months before I flushed it. Just having it there was comforting for a few weeks, then I just forgot about it. I recommend this approach. Don't let your last little bit be your last little bit if you know what I mean. Keep a safety net for psychological reasons, but you won't need it.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Mejor, Congratualtions man!!! Good for you. You sound so great! It's always nice to read a success story such as yours.

Invisible movement...GOOOOOOOOOD Luck to you!!!! Please keep me posted as to how you are. I am so excited and nervous for you. Nervous in a good way...LOL...

I will keep you in my prayers at night and hope that you kick subs ass this time!! I know that you can do this. When and if you start to feel like you cannot do it anymore, go for a walk. Read a book. Anything to take your mind off of it. I am really pulling for you. You have bben really supportive to me and so many other memebers on here. Keep it up!!!!! PM me if there is anything that I can do for you personally ok? Even if you just need to talk. [/font]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I cannot stress the importance of placing the little sub sliver under your tongue right before you go to bed. You cannot believe how much good restful sleep will ease this process. If your schedule permits, and your hips, knees, ankles and feet are functional and healthy, it really really helps to get up early (after that good night sleep I mentioned) and go for a long walk. The long walk early in the morning is the closest I've ever come to a panacea. It increases metabolism of remnant opiod metabolytes, has a profound effect on mood due to endorphines, greatly improves circulation, improves cognition by supplying more oxygen to the brain, scrapes away excess energy that is the result of anxiety, lowers blood pressure, cures constipation when combined with adequate hydration and fiber, I could go on and on about how close the act of takinig long walks approach the status of "panacea". But you don't have to worry about that right now. After you've been 72 hours no subox then you might want to think about the physical activity aspect of regaining optimal health. I love you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm 97hrs off of Suboxone and still a bit anxious. It’s the physical pain, and heaviness that are slowing me down. Walks are absolutely mandatory and I appreciate you sharing your story with us. I tapered from 2mg to .5mg and even as much as .25mg for a few days before I quit. The taper lasted 9 months though!! Like you say, the slower you can go I believe the better off it will be. At least for me that’s my saving grace!

It is definitely a psychological discomfort more than the physical at times. I’m an addict that just lost it’s friend (suboxone). Even though I loathed it and being a slave to having to take it, we’re addicts that like our drugs. I have been super emotional, literally as if I am grieving the loss of my best friend. I’m embracing the pain, not fighting it. The moment we surrender to the discomfort I think the easier off I’ll be. Thank you for sharing your experience!

~ Love & Light