It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I haven't stopped by in money moons, but I just did so and saw Hawker1's post about being sub free for six years - big time congratulations Hawker1 on your success. Upon checking my old postings, I find that it has also been approximately 6 years for me as well (for some reason I thought it was 5, oh well, how time flies).

Best of luck to all those who are taking Suboxone, and to those that are not sure if it's possible to wean off subs and then stay the course, look to Hawker1, myself, and many others who have done so successfully throughout the years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:50 am 

Hey bronzebeta,

That is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for stopping in and giving some encouragement to those who are following in your path. Don't be such a stranger, okay?

rule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bronzebeta- Like Hawker, your posts were a great source of inspiration and information for me when I was tapering. In one month I will be 2 years off Sub. Never thought that I would get off it with my super slow taper but it turned out to be easier than I ever imagined. I don't come here often either and I'm glad I caught this post.

Thank You!

Glen

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations BronzeB, Glen!! :D It's so refreshing to see/read about others who have been where I am. Thank you for posting!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Woo thanks for posting BOTH of you! Really fantastic news. I'll get there too I hope.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:02 am 

bronzebeta wrote:
I haven't stopped by in money moons, but I just did so and saw Hawker1's post about being sub free for six years - big time congratulations Hawker1 on your success. Upon checking my old postings, I find that it has also been approximately 6 years for me as well (for some reason I thought it was 5, oh well, how time flies).

Best of luck to all those who are taking Suboxone, and to those that are not sure if it's possible to wean off subs and then stay the course, look to Hawker1, myself, and many others who have done so successfully throughout the years.

That is awesome news! I hope that others in your position come back from time to time too share their continuing stories!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We really need a list of people like this who are kicking ass post-Suboxone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello,
It's been just about 10 months for me. I chose to wean very slowly, over a course of about 6 months, and then I hovered at 0.25mg for a long time. Every time I tried to get below that, I suffered with some pretty bad depression and side effects. It was while talking to a friend that I realized if I couldn't get below 0.25mg without feeling awful, then that was my jump dose...so I did it. I used clonidine and loperimide ( HOW did I not know about that?!?!?...Godsend!) And dealt with acute withdrawal for a good two weeks. It was NOT horrible. I never took time out of work. I DID wait till I had close to a week off straight to take the jump. And I had a good support system of people to talk to, and tried to exercise and get sunlight every day. After the two week Mark, the withdrawal came less and less, in waves, for a couple months...but would last as short as a couple minutes and then go away. The mental component has been a little more tricky. My brain is definitely still healing. I've dealt with some depression (which isn't something new to me) but I am DEALING. I cant believe its been 10 months. Ive even had two surgeries and had to take pain killers for a couple weeks which I was nervous about, but I did it without a hitch! I think the hardest part for me in all of this is having to deal with raw emotions. But, I'm still truckin! Hang in there. It can be done, I promise!! Withdrawals don't last forever like the horror stories we often hear about. One day at a time...the light at the end of the tunnel starts out as a tiny spec, but it's still there!
-Zumbagirll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:06 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

[quote="Zumbagirll"]Hello,
It's been just about 10 months for me./quote]
Congrats on 10 months!
That does make sense about your jump off dose.