It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 5 years later
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 am 
For the last 5 years I have been using suboxone. the first 2 years on this drug were great , I had actually been convinced that this pill was a gift from god. But I have watched everything crumble around me over the last 3 years. Suboxone has completely raped my endocrine system my testosterone is very low...i have -0- no estrogen(men are suppose to have estrogen also) my cortisol is sky high, I am a hormonal mess. and I know it was not caused by the previous opiat use because my levels were tested in rehab.....the endocrinologist that I have been seeing is totaly disgusted by the lies that made suboxone readily available for any person to destroy what little health they have left after drug abuse. He says well, I can put you on testosterone but you will begin to produce even less testosterone on your own and will need to use it for life(great another insanely expensive drug that I have to take for life) but he also told me that testosterone replacement will do nothing to counter all the other hormonal problems. So what does my endocrinologist say? well he feels the need to apologize to me for what the behavioral health industry has done to me, he says he has been seeing alot of people coming to him literally deteriorating every day and they all have 2 things in common they have all been on suboxone for at least a few years and they all are going downhill fast. I don't know what to do I have a new career that I can't loose and I have huge monthly bills. I want off this drug so bad I'm sick of watching my life and my body deteriorate but I simply do not have the luxury to be sick for a fuckin year wile my body gets over what I've been doing to it. Is anybody else just complexly shocked at the damage this drug is doing to health? And why the hell are doctors convincing people that this drug is easyer to stop? I would take 2 weeks in hell coming of OxyContin in a flash before going on suboxone again, yea the withdrawl from sub may be slightly more mild if you taper down less than a mg but it freekin goes on forever....we don't relapse because we can't get through a week or two of withdrawl we relapse because of PAWS and suboxone = PAWS big-time... All i can say is What the fuck? this drug is a freakin curse to a guy that wants to be sober and healthy...these doctors that are pushing the stuff are not doctors they are dishonest sales brokers who deserve jail...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I was upset as well that my pain dr was ok with suboxone without giving me much information. I as well did not feel good on it at all. Seems to me that subs are kind of like chemo, you got to take something not too pleasant to help the really dangerous disease. I'm sure you will get some great advice. Hang in there, it's going to be ok.

Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Why do you bother to come to this forum where we all get support and start bashing the very medication that saved our lives? We had a very similar poster here that said almost the exact same thing as you are saying. My Endocrinologist this, and that.

Most of the members here read everything they can related to suboxone. Only you and the other person (you?) are saying how terrible this medication is. Have you read anything here about the lives that were saved, or the recent member who stopped with minimal withdrawals? NO, you only post negative stuff to further your agenda. When someone here calls you on it you say this site is stopping free speech. Yeh right. If you read any of the past posts you will see how wrong you are.

I'm not saying you aren't suffering from some physical hormonal problems, I doubt it is related to Suboxone. But then it may be. Have you ever read the side effects list on the pamphlet they give you inside the box? No medication is side effect free for everyone.

It's no use. People like you don't listen to reason. But have you read the rules here on the forum? The ones that say we are not to debate which recovery method is better? Nope, you either haven't or don't care. You are what we call a Troll.

BD

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is for BUPDUPED.

Why so hostile to OP? He is venting as he should on a forum. Expression is okay. He did not disrespect the forum or break any rules. If anyone broke any rules it was you my friend. Accusations and insults. Please read the rules yourself.

I think the original poster has a right to post how this medicine has effected HIM. Why don't you make your own thread on how it effected YOU. It seems strange to me....suspicious as well.

I also have experienced very low testosterone levels as a direct result of long term suboxone. Even got the god awful man boobs to prove it. And I have always dieted and exercised pre suboxne and post. Never had them before. My sex drive is not as it once was when i was a healthy hungry man (if you know what im saying). I have lower energy and my workouts are sub-par when on suboxone. I don't have that testosterone build up when a fellow man is insulting or disrespecting me. I'm much more passive aggressive as opposed to aggresive like i always used to be. It's pretty clear that suboxone made me less of a man. This is my own experience.

Post subject: Your right
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

yeh your right. Let me tell you why I posted in such anger. This OP is not a new poster. There was one here who typed almost word for word how this person does. Do I know for sure? No. But I read all his other posts and he is trying his best to convince people to not take Sub. That is breaking the rules. We are not to debate which is better. It says so right on top.

No, I don't post much here. Mostly read all them. And we all know opiates affect hormone levels. Mine too but I am getting up there in years so its expected. I highly doubt his endocrinologist apologized for the medical community for saving lives prescribing sub. I mean come on, you really believe that?

That it. I am done. I do apologize if I came off to hostile. That was not my intention. In fact, I was going to go edit it until you posted and now its to late.

Post subject: bupeduped-
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bupeduped,

I'm just as annoyed as you are with this poster who can't stay away. Try not to 'feed it'... he's just looking for someone to bite onto his bait.

Take a breath.. (hugs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When my health starts deteriorating fast and I'm wasting away due to suboxone, when my doctor tells me that I am horribly screwed and will be near death due to suboxone, when I look at suboxone like chemo, and when I see at least someone other than you saying stuff like this (obviously just to try and stir the pot or keep folks off suboxone for some reason) I'll be sure to look you up to help me out and answer my life saving questions.

;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Semperfiguy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BeautifulDisaster wrote:
Semperfiguy?

Off the top of my head.. but there are so many more.

winningduhepic
Semperfiguy
soberonsuboxone
Dmackattack1989
grassgetsgreener
Darthvader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow. Did not know what I was stepping into here. Just going to quietly back out of the room and move to my own post. Sorry, I'm new at this.

D

Post subject: Lower testosterone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

OP, I think your post was very informational about lower testosterone production. I thought I was the only one who experienced lower libido on subs. even though I have been on for only 18 days before I quit subs.. It is true that almost every opiate will lower your test. and libido. I've been on methadone for two years and libido was some what decreased also, but my test. was just a little bit off the normal levels. Don't despair though I have been in bodybuilding for over 15 years and have used anabolic steroids in the past, and every time I cycled off for few month, my test always went back to normal. So ergo after a few month of subs. your levels of hormones will return to normal, just give it time.
Wish you luck, keep the struggle alive.