It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've really stirred quite the discussion here. And for that, I'm glad.

You all have been very civil in letting me know how my comments reflect my opinions and how, in a respectful way, it's made you feel. It's made me think.

Let me clarify my post: I do not think those who take Suboxone indefinitely are in the wrong, or are "not clean."

But for me, my end goal and desire was to always be off Suboxone, off heroin, off OxyCotin. This forum, after all, is "Bupe in the Rearview Mirror."

If you personally define still being on Suboxone as being "clean," then I support you in your own journey towards recovery. I know that Suboxone is an incredible tool and I believe everyone is the best judge of their own situations.

I lived a stable life on Suboxone. I had a job. I made friends. I didn't steal any more. I invested in my future. That's a healthy, positive lifestyle.

But again, for me it was always all about getting off Suboxone. And for that, I am proud that I overcame PAWS.

(Sorry for taking so long to respond.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yay!! I'm so glad you posted!! Thank you for clarifying. You did start quite a discussion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 am 

:D :D :D :D :D

I have to admit. I'm not an emoji type of gal. But I feel so elated and happy that this thread has promoted understanding and good will.

Jabberwocky, I am grateful to you for coming back to this thread and clarifying your position. You should be proud that you've accomplished your goal and I am very happy for you. Yes, while our forum is pro-suboxone overall, you posted in an appropriate section. Thank you for being open to what several of us are expressing. It is gratifying to hear that suboxone helped you during a time when you needed it. You are always welcome to come here and encourage others and give updates for sure.

I am also very proud of the members here for explaining your points in a civil discussion. Civility sometimes seems to be a lost art. It is gratifying to find it here time and again.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:52 am 

Jabberwocky,

You pretty much summed up what we do here. We support all of those on Suboxone maintenance and also support those who decide to put it in the rear view mirror so to speak. Thank you for the updated post. Did you notice how fast the climate changed when you did that?

Yes, we have a sore spot when someone states we are not clean. We know what you and others mean but it still gets under our skin. The vast majority of Suboxone/Buprenorphine users don't feel high and function just like they would if they were completely off all opiates. Thing is, a lot of us just don't trust our addicted brains to stop our medication just yet. Some do, and many fail later on. Our worst fear is someone jumping off Bupe and maybe a year later find themselves back on opiates. The addict brain is cunning, baffling, and powerful. (AA's words) Those completely off everything have to be so very careful of taking any type of pain medication or they'll find themselves either using again or going back on to Suboxone. See Hatmakers thread as a good example. Same with our good Dr. Junig if you read his story.

Glad to see you back and doing so well. We wish you a lifetime of good recovery.

rule

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 pm 

I'm just glad this topic has been brought up for future reference, hopefully everyone is more aware how some of us (myself included lol) can be pretty sensitive.

Jabberwocky, I appreciate u clarifying..... I think this thread would have kept going and going and going......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
....some of us (myself included lol) can be pretty sensitive.

Only when I'm breathing :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 am 

godfrey wrote:
Quote:
....some of us (myself included lol) can be pretty sensitive.

Only when I'm breathing :D

That's why we go easy on you, godfrey! :P

Amy