It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm really fucking scared about getting off but its time. It's long past time actually but my doc keeps giving it and I keep going. How hard is this gonna be and how long will it take? I just found this site and I have no one who knows I'm on it so I'm gonna need some support from somewhere to help get me through this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jagermain wrote:
I'm really fucking scared about getting off but its time. It's long past time actually but my doc keeps giving it and I keep going. How hard is this gonna be and how long will it take? I just found this site and I have no one who knows I'm on it so I'm gonna need some support from somewhere to help get me through this.

You've found the right place, so with that in mind, even though its normal to be scared when contemplating such a thing, try not to let fear overwhelm you. There are some people who do hardcore jumps from high doses and succeed, but they are in the minority; for most its setting oneself up for failure, and in best case scenario, return to subs instead of whatever drug made them turn to subs in the first place. So that said, generally, the best way is taking your time with tapering, and there is lots of info here on how to go about it, and support to be had from others who are on a tapering journey, along with success stories of successful tapers off of subs, for encouragement. Check out the stickies at the top of the forum and keep posting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jagermain wrote:

I feel you Jagermain!! I was also super fucking scared when I joined this forum about 2 months ago. I had an 8 year habit, 12mgs, over a 6 month period tapered myself down to 1mg (where it got just super scary for me). I am not under a doctor's care for this substance- was taking someone else's scrip...anyway, I am now about 40hours "clean" of suboxone, and have found TONS of support and information through this forum. I am not out of the woods yet by any means, but it feels way less scary not to be walking through the woods alone, KWIM? If you would like to know I bit of my "journey" my first thread was called "Need Support", and my username was "rca1004". My "new" thread started yesterday is called "Flying towards Freedom".
Welcome, and keep posting!

Mahatma Gandhi

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My Friend I wish u good luck !!I just jumped from 16mg cold turkey and it is day# 15!!!
I think I am not a strong person but I am doing it!!!!The worst is first 10 days after this for me looks like is getting better and better.
Remember if u want jump form 28mg hey just do it!!!You can always get back on sub and taper down.
My Friend if u need anything feel free to ask .I will be more then happy to help YOU!!!!
Peace
Ryszard

Last edited by Ryszard on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi jagermain, welcome to the forum!!

Hmmm, you could jump from 28mg of Suboxone, but it's more than likely going to be a rough ride. There are people here who have jumped from high doses and made it, but it's just a pretty rough ride.

Have you considered tapering? From the dose you're at now, I'd suggest you knock it down to 20mg or so and see how that treats you. Any "wd" you experience from that drop should be mostly mental as studies have shown that once above 16mg of Suboxone, 99% of your opiate receptors are filled. So, going to 20mg should be fairly easy. I'd stay at 20mg for a week or so, then go right to 16mg and just keep dropping from there.

As for how long it will take to get off, that will depend on how much you drop each dose and how long you stay there. You could theoretically be done in a couple of few months or it may take a bit longer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:35 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

for the safe route, try romeos advice. I think if you taper down by 10% every 6-10days you should not have much of a problem, mostly mental issues . should be doable, faster route would be 25% drops ever 6-10 days. you may get some mild w/d symptoms. most on high doses can tolerate the 25% drops until 2-4mg. then I would slow it down to the 10%. that will make it easier on you, and your body. You can cold turkey it but may be a bit rough for a few weeks. I would not think about it much so you don't freak yourself out and take one of the above methods and start, take it one day at a time, if you start to feel bad you can always up your dose for the day and continue on the next.. small step will become large ones as you begin to taper and see how doable it is with taking you time. keep posting, lots of great people with great advice on here. DB