It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i've been abusing narctocits on and off for over 10 years. i' decided to cold-turkey off of 12 mg daily for the past 3 years minimum. my pupils are getting bigger but slowly, is this delayed reaction? i'm sick alright, but i can sleep an hour or so a night (sometimes) i sleept a full 10 hours of 72 hours of no sleep. i don't have diharia yet and i'm confused. normally i'ld be hugging the toilet now. went to the doctor today who i've been seeing for over a year, and i was broke and clearly in withdraw. all she wanted was money. and i have NEVER owed her a cent. she couldn't even prescribe me something non-narctoic to take the edge off. Her advice? "you need to get back on suboxone and tapper off." but yet she didn't get her money and she said "i'm sorry there is nothing i can for you at the moment. Come back when you have my payment."

any tips or ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

someone help me please

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Chessplayer,

Sorry no one has posted to you yet, but I suspect the answer to your problem is money, and no one here can be of help with that. That doctor is ridiculous and I wish she were in your position and maybe then she would be more reasonable, but I doubt it. She obviously could care less about her patients.

The thing that would probably help is the blood pressure med Clonidine, but you said she wouldn't even prescribe anything non-narcotic to take the edge off. Again - ridiculous in my opinion.

Bottom line is you need more subs. Have to do whatever you can to get some. I suggested to another member a couple days ago to perhaps write a post-dated check and maybe you could get the subs that way? Sorry, but all I can think of.

I hear you, and I'm very sorry your in this situation. Hopefully someone else will have a different suggestion for you. Can you borrow the money needed for the doctor from ANYONE right now? Or how about finding a different doctor right away? Jumping from 12 mg is going to hurt and it will probably get worse before it gets better. Just sayin...

Hang in there as best you can. You might call the doctors office back, say you are extremely sick, and ask politely what amount the doctor would take to at least give you a few subs to get by with. She may suddenly develop a heart and give you a few if you could give her a few bucks for now. Worth a shot I guess.

Good luck Chessplayer....and let us know how your doing.

Karen

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Chess sweetheart I'm here to help you. I sent you a private message. Check out your messages :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

@ChessPlayer

What's up bro. Listen, this situation sucks and I know the feeling of coming off such a high dose but I would be persistent with these doctors. This happened to me a while back and I called like 20 times two weeks into it threatening them and crazy shit. They broke down and gave me a week supply until I got paid. Where do you live? My doctor was convinced that withdrawal from sub was impossible? Some docs just don't get it. Good luck bro.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

she knew very well i was super sick, i talked to her in person briefly. i'm showing up tomorrow with what little money i have. i've talked to a lawyer who will take my case for free. i'm either going cold turkey and saying thanks doctor your kindness. and suing her. according to him, what she is doing is unethical and very suspicious. nearly any doctor you see for a year will call you in one refill if you can not make an appointment. right? i mean there are limits they don't work for free, i offered her 50 bucks for a few doses until i get paid, just to keep me from losing my job, but nope, she wants 180 in full

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Are you still in withdrawal? I just quit cold turkey from 8mg a day and was wondering how you're doing.