It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 1 year off of Suboxone
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today is my 1 year off of Suboxone mark!!!! YAY, YAY, YAY for me!!! :D

Ummmm, there were two short relapses during that 1 year time period, so it's not ALL clean time, but June 4th/2010 will forever be my clean date in my heart!!!

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That is awesome romeo, so inspirational to a person like me who is on day 3 and tryin to find motivation, how are you feelings these days? do you feel normal and happy? have the relapses made you feel redsidual effects? you should be so proud of yourself for overcoming this demon

Post subject: Congrats
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:20 am 

Romeo,

That is so awesome! You give inspiration to all the rest of us who are considering getting off of it. A year is a long time so hopefully you don't feel anymore effects from the transition.

When I first tried getting off my beloved Norco's and Tramadol, I went back to AA meetings and shared about it. Several people came over to me after the meeting and said "Good luck, it took me a year to finally feel normal again". That did not sit well with me and out I went again to use. So your year is pivotal, IMO.

Stick with it and I for one am very pleased you chose to stay here to share your experience so we all may benefit.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy 1 whole entire year!!! YAY!!! It's a big deal to have done this, and I know you had an really rough time of it, (to put it lightly). You pushed through and, even though I know you've had a couple brief relapses, you pulled yourself right back out and made the changes you needed to make to be successful off Sub. You've come a loooonng way this year, Romeo. I'm so proud of you!!

When you were ten days into jumping off Sub, could you even imagine that you would be here one day celebrating one year off? I doubt it!! Hip Hip Hurray!! I hope I can do this too.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Guys!!

Maryland410, Congratulations on Day 3!! Good for you!! It's hard work to be sure, but it is SO worth it!! I feel very close to 100% "normal", whatever the hell normal is?? :lol: :lol: I feel very good these days. I have good days, I have bad days too....like I said.....normal. I know this, I am VERY happy with my decision to quit taking Suboxone and you will be too. Just an extra note, just becasue you quit Suboxone doesn't mean your addiction went away, staying clean is HARD work, not impossible, but it is work. About the relapses, they were both short, the first one was 4 days long and the second one was about 2 weeks long. The residual effects from the first one lasted about a week or so, the effects from the second one were a little more severe, I went into mild wd and the effects are now almost all gone......17 days later.

Rule62, as always, thanks for everything buddy!! As far as a year to feel normal, well, what they're not telling you is that you improve the whole time. Around the 30 day mark, my acute wd ended. Around the 118 day mark, the PAWS decreased. Life is certainly manageable during the PAWS phase, a little harder than normal, but still manageable. It gets better and better. I had small "nagging" symptoms for months and months and months, nothing to write home about though. You have to remember, I jumped from a fairly high dose and I did almost everything wrong during my detox period too!!

Ladder, thank you for your continued support and you're right, I have come a LONG way during this last year. Thanks to people like you, I have a healthy respect for my addiction now. That's a funny question you ask, "when I was 10 days off, could I imagine what it would be like to be a year off of Suboxone", I know I wanted to get to a year off, but I honestly didn't know how I was going to do it. One day at a time, with lots of love from my wife, daughter, family and some of the fantastic new friendships I've made helped me to get where I am today. Being a member of this forum helps me too, it helps a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo! well done and what an inspiration you are. I can tell from your posts that you feel on top of the world. Aw well done again and thank you for sharing. xxx C xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Great job romeo. That is really something to be proud of. One year can be a long time considering the thing that we are all overcoming& trying to overcome. I know your post will give many people hope. Keep up the good work and congrats on your one year!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well played Romeo, here is some delicious cake for you:

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks guys, y'all are TOO cool!!!

Thanks for making that delicious looking cake too, ummmm, it is chocolate right?? Don't want no plain Jane vanilla....chocolate is the ONLY way to go!!! LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats Romeo. It's a huge effort, and worthy of a celebration.

Makes me wanna stop dosing today and see how much of a man I can be! :D

Just a heads up. I had a massive relapse at 13 months clean once. So just because you've hit this milestone, don't start slackin off. As they say in those ex-addict speed-dating meetings, "Your disease is doin pushups!" or somethin like that. Really keep ur eye on those minor lapses as well.

Enough of the sobering note. It's awesome. As people have said, you're an inspiration. And I hope you stick around and don't forget us little people on your quest for world domination.

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tearjerker,

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the support!!

I honestly wonder if all you guys and gals know just how much your support and advice has helped to keep me moving forward in my recovery? I appreciate all of you so much. I'm an addict in recovery and I can use all the advice and support I can get.

The NA meetings I recently started attending are helping me a good deal, but this forum seems to be the bread and butter of my recovery. I have learned SOOOO much by participating in this forum, it just stuns me. I have met so many wonderful, caring and genuine people on this site, it's just amazing. In my mind, it goes like this....how could I possibly take so much from all of you without giving back?? It would be so wrong to take so much without giving back as much as I can.

Now, back to my quest for world domination!!! Mwah ha ha!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

You know how proud I am of you!!! You were the first person to reach out to me here and I was so inspired by your story and how friendly and supportive you were to a newcomer :)

Congrats on your first year, romeo!!!
xxxooo