It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I started sub on Jan 3 2004 and never looked back!!! So Ill be coming up to my 12yr anniversary. Out of the blue I just recently started thinking about quitting. Im only on 2mg and have been so for 6 yrs. I finally feel that My brain is reprogrammed. I've recently started to forget to take it before I leave for work. In the past I would freak out. I had no other option but to return home to take it. All of a sudden I will go the whole day before I realize that i forgot and I dont freak out either. I just wait till I get home and when I do its not the first thing that I do. I skipped 3 days in this cycle last week. Weird right??? Im still scared to quit. But I think this is a sign. My chance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought I'd chime in here and introduce myself. I too have been on subs for 12 years (after 7 years of MMT).... I guess we're pioneers my friend. Anyway, my stable dose was 4-6 mg a day. In June my Dr.'s office closed and I decided it was time. I have been on a slow taper.... It has taken me 6 months to go from 4-6mg a day to .19mg that I am on now. I have a journal online if your interested in my travels... maybe it could offer you some advice/first-hand knowledge. Just google "12 years and I'm tapering off - journal" and you should be able to find it.... I am doing surprising well. It seemed the toughest from 2mg to .75. It's been easier as I've gotten lower....Just just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Peace,
eyedotz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:22 pm 

Congrats submom and eyedotz!!! Very inspiring. Hope the future holds positive for the both of u. Keep posting, we love success stories :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:11 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Yes, congrats to you two! Inspiring!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks eyedots. I will check it out

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm in a very similar boat. Used black tar IV H for a few years then suboxone for 12 years, along with every other drug under the sun. I'm currently on day 12 of no suboxone. Withdrawals suck of course, but I guess after going through benzo withdrawal in the past it makes suboxone withdrawal not so bad. It's not easy but anyone can do this if they really want it!!

I have a love/hate relationship with suboxone. I'm confident that I would be dead if I never stumbled upon it. After my 3rd OD I finally woke up and made a change. Past 12 years I ONLY used suboxone as prescribed. Helped me finish college, secure a six figure career, and meet my fiancé of now 10 years. So even though kicking is a painful journey, it's the final piece to my puzzle. Life on suboxone is not a good one.

Suboxone wasn't meant for lifetime use. Reckitt Benckiser makes billions of dollars a year from people like us. And the doctors are in their back pocket. It's f****** messed up!! It was meant for short term use (a year max) at low doses (4mg or less). Do yourself a favor and kick asap. This junk is just internally killing us. Quit before you suffer long term effects to your organs.

A few quick recommendations when you do:

1. Plan Plan Plan!!
2. Taper as low as possible. I made the mistake of jumping at 1mg. Lowest dose no less than 3 weeks.
3. Get time off work/school for at least 2 weeks if possible. I took 20 days off with weekends/holidays.
4. Get natural supplements!! I HIGHLY recommend Elimidrol. It's expensive but worth it. Get the day and night formula. Has just about everything you'll need in one supplement.
5. Have someone nearby for help and support. My fiancé pretty much saved my life. She's the reason I got on subs to begin with. She's been a godsent through this whole process.
6. Keep your eye on the prize! Being free and happier than ever!! Give yourself small milestones. Day 2, day 4, etc...
7. I can't stress this enough, exercise and upbeat music. Don't underestimate these!! I was able to start pushing exercise on day 7. I should have pushed sooner though.
8. Hot baths in Epsom salt are amazing when withdrawaling. Remember I said to plan? I put a smart tv in my bathroom for this reason. Netflix got me throug allot of my worst WDs.
9. Stay away from the negative posts lol. You'll freak yourself out reading WD horror stories. Reading success stories and good posts really helped me during the darkest times.

I can go on forever with recommendations. I've been preparing for this for a year now. Please don't hesitate if I can help or support in any way. If I can do this anyone can. I went from being a lost cause to having a pretty f****** awesome life. Kicking suboxone is my final monkey on my back.

Good luck everyone!!!

James

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

James i wish you the best,the hardest part is of course well after WD is over. I kicked methadone all to fall into the arms of my DOC,heroin months later. Suboxone has changed my life in such a meaningful way. I am not some unmotivated deadpan. I work six days a week and rarely go home straight from work. I am happy to take suboxone forever. I have been an addict since 12. Many times it felt like addiction was in my dna. People taper and stop successfully and I hope you are one of those.
Wishing you well!