It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Yay! I did it!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I have been Sub and opiate free for about 25 days now and I have no symptoms, not even sneezing anymore. My sleep is still messed up but I am working on that. A lot of exercise is helping. I am weaning off my .2mg of clonidine use and am at .1mg a day. Think I will start every other day now. Just don't want to go the other way and get hypertensive. I feel more like myself than I have in years. I have no cravings and the last thing I think about doing is popping pills. I also have not gone down the road of substituting wine or beer at night. I hit happy hour once a week just to get back out into the world and meet people, but I do not see a problem with that. The more I work out, the better I feel and the less I want to pollute my body. Funny how that works. Hope everyone is great!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Working out always curtailed my usage, it is how I was able to put together a few stretches of pretty curtailed use (a beer here and there and maybe some weed) which would last a few months. I now look back at these times as practice... because it involved me tapering off of opiates and then finding healthy ways to work out the energy. Problem was I could never stick to it, I tried. I have learned my lesson now though.

Post subject: Congratulations
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm 

NMP,

That is some of the best news I could read today. So many come here struggling with addiction and you post how well you are. Some really good stuff there my man.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I just don't let things get to me anymore that used to make me take more than "normal" amounts of pills for my pain. I am also doing the things I used to do in physical therapy to strengthen my shoulders and I find the pain is a lot less than it used to be. Aleve and some ice and I am good to go if I happen to work out too hard.

I really have confidence that I will never have this problem again. The tapering off Sub was too crappy to ever do twice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Two thunbs up NoMorePills, Glad to hear you are doing well & not falling into the trap happy hours every day. Especially being in Sin City.. You are the bomb!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So glad to hear this! I have been following your posts since we started our journeys about the same time. Me on suboxone and you coming off. I'm glad to see you doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

25 days opiate free.....HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

You and sweet16 quit right around the same time and you're both doing so good......DOUBLE HELL YEAH!!!!! :D

I agree 100% with the statement of not wanting to feel polluted anymore. Since I started working out, I slipped once and I honestly couldn't stand that polluted feeling. It interrupted my workout routine for a few days and made me so :evil: .

Keep on kicking ass man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yeha, Sweet has been a huge help for me. I am almost at a month and am doing great. Sleep is still sometimes a bit elusive, but I am getting at least some every night and it gets better every week. I am so thankful to this forum for all the great advice and support.

Qhorse - You are doing great as well. Just know that whatever path you want to take you have the power to do it.

I am looking forward to a relaxing, and HOT weekend.. almost triple digits already. Yikes! Pool time methinks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

NoMorePills wrote:
I am looking forward to a relaxing, and HOT weekend.. almost triple digits already. Yikes! Pool time methinks!!

Man, I do not know how you do it. Maybe I am just too much of a Northern Midwest boy. I love Vegas and am known to place a bet or two on hockey or baseball but I just cannot take that heat for more then 4 days at the most.

Congrats btw! You and everyone else have helped me on my taper and jump off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am glad I have been able to help in any small way. As for the heat, I thought it was unbearable my first summer, but now it really doesn't bother me. I r4emember being at the pool at the M last year when it was 115*. Most of the day was spent in the water, but it was fun. Yesterday almost got to 100* and again, cold pools and lots of sunblock. I have very pale Irish skin so i am very very careful. It really helps being pool season because when I am outside my house and out with friends the last thing I think about are pills. I am too busy having fun! I am 30 days today. Feels good. Sleep is still sometimes hard but getting better. It wil all come back to normal soon I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From Suboxforum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

HAHAHA!!! Thank you Tearj3rker!!!! IT really feels great. I feel so much younger not being on those pills. Well any of the pills actually. I have been so hard at work at the gym and am losing weight and getting my old form back. I feel awesome!! I really want to start getting off the benadryl or xanax at night. Only .5mg still and it makes me sleep through the night, but I really don't want a xanax problem next. I don't take them on the weekend because if I am up during th enight I don't care, but with work I can't afford to be a zombie. I think it is getting better though. Xanaz was only giving me 4 hours, now it is a solid 8, so I think my body is not thrashing about at night like it was. Baby steps and I will get to the finish line and be totally back to normal... Better than normal!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So I just got back from a conference in Denver. It was a great conference. The main thing was that as I packed my suitcase I didn't stress over how many pills I had left and if I would need to refill on the road. So liberating. I also had so much more energy. Everyone goes out to shmooze at night and I rarely would, but I made all three nights this time and it was noticed by more than a few people. It was such a great feeling to be at dinner and not high or thinking about if I would need pills before I got back to the hotel.
My back hurt a lot during the show (walking around in dress shoes for 5-6 hours a day was not fun) but I managed with some Aleve. Sleep was still tough but starnge hotel and bed would make it tough regardless. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I remember my first vacation after getting off of Suboxone too, it was really nice to not have to stress over my meds. I found myself being a lot more active than I used to be too. We swam in the ocean several times a day, swam in the pool several times a day, went out shopping (yuck!), went go-kart racing, stayed out late. One of the best vacations we've been on!

I'm glad things are working out so nicely for you, you've worked hard for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yeah it has been a long time coming. I am making new friends though I just had one (I found out he is on 15 30mg Roxies a day) just texted to hang out. Then he asked if I would go to his doctor and get a script for me for 120 roxies a month because he keeps running out. I said not a chance, not just because I am trying to get health insurance in a couple months (need to have not filled a script in 6 months for my Norco) but I really don't want to facilitate someone else's addiction, nor do I want to chance getting in trouble with the po po. My life is finally starting to head in the right direction and big things are within my grasp, I am not about to fu*k it up by doctor shopping for some guy I just met.