It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: YAWN! How long?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey all--
Quick update. I am on Day 28--four weeks--off Subs, A pesky 8mg a day regimen for two years that I had to stop cold because of doctor and money snafus. I am feeling ALOT better than I did. Especially Days 5-10. But I have a question for those of you who have put some miles between you and the Subs. When does the rung-out feeling of being tired end? At what point? I mean--yeah I know everyone is different. Some exercise which probably speeds up the process. Others do organic remedies. I am so tired in an up and down way that sometimes it takes an effort to go to the front door--much less exercise. Maybe I;m just making excuses. But I feel like collapsing--not calesthenics. There is probably no "right" answer--or silver bullet. Im just curious about your time when you came out of the shadow of Suboxone. One good note--I am finding that I can actually sleep on my own for a few minutes--before I decide to take the Trazadone. That is something new and hopefully will continue coming. OK thanks all.

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This is most likely not what you want to hear but I jumped april 15th, and I excercised every day.. before during and after... I get that you dont feel up to it, I had those days too and still managed to get my butt to the gym ( even a walk in the sunshine will help) 6 days a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey brian,

What you're feeling is completely normal. You were on 8mg of Suboxone and cold turkey'd it from there......that's a big jump my friend.

I've already related my experiences to you and the time frames that it took for me to feel normal again, so I'm not gonna repeat them here.

You have to remember, you took a very powerful opiate that your body/brain had become completely dependant on and you jerked it away and now your brain is pissed at you!! Your brain is trying its damdest to fire back up its natural opiate manufacturing facility, but the years of it being inactive have left it all rusted, full of cobwebs and in a general state of misrepair. As the natural opiate producing machine in your brain comes back online, it'll come back up in fits and starts. It can't remember how in the hell it's supposed to do its job and it takes it a while for it to relearn how to do its job again. This area of your brain will repair itself Brian, don't lose hope, but it may take a while.

You're right at the one month mark, you're doing great!! You are a warrior.....you jumped from an insanely high dose of Suboxone and you're still plugging away and that's what you gotta keep on doing!! I PROMISE you, it gets better. Opiate wd is like trying to push molasses up a sandy hill, it's hard as hell!!

You WILL feel better man, it's just gonna take time.

BTW, feel free to PM me. Me and another fella who jumped from a high dose keep up with each other pretty regularly and I'm sure he'd love to offer you some encouragement too. He just emailed me today and he's at day 118. I'm at day 420 or something like that.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo--
Check your mail. I want to join the High Jump Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey brian, you're gonna want to try sending me that PM again, I never got a PM from you?? Unless you sent me one of those invisible one's, in that case, with it being invisible......I missed it!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo, Romeo,
Check thy mail, Romeo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

AS the title says, took me 30-35 days the first time i quit with being 100 % lazy... which i have to say is WAY worse then being active.... with me being active I try to find andreline rushes... working out fishing... doing abnormal sometimes immature stuff like drifting.... ( dont try this due to my advice) Im just saying w.e helps music... something that gives you andreline...

Im on day 4 now with being active as best as i coould, and I feel like I might be fine in a couple of days... Only thing im worried about is about people posting 5-10 days... and I just dont see how I CANT relate to them due to my severe withdrawls...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Honda--
Thanks man. Yeah I am trying to pick up the pace with waking my 1st grader to school, etc. I just hate the drained feeling. But congrats on Day 4. For me the Day 5-10 were the worst--mainly just feeling completely rung out. But you know the drill--and you can handle it man. Good luck.