It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm am having bad w/d from a forced, cold turkey off Suboxone. When my Suboxone doctor was out of town, his associate wouldn't refill my med. & suggested I go to the ER. I have had to go twice. Got twenty Percocet 10/325 & twelve Norco 10/325. I found a .50 xanax I had a friend had given me. Can I take the xanax along w/ the norco? I'm taking 1 & 1/2 -2 norco every 5-6 hrs. Or even half of the xanax, to help maybe get a little sleep and help with anxiety? Thx. for any advice. God Bless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:15 pm 

I would not take both at the same time! Together they can cause respiratory distress and you do not want that! I am so sorry you are going through this. I did respond to your other post. I really do hope you can get your suboxone first thing tomorrow! Please, let us know how you make out!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What a messed up system where a person is forced off buprenorphine, and then prescribed oxycodone and hydrocodone to deal with withdrawal!

Michelle gave a great answer considering we don't know anything about you. In general, benzos are a problem when a person is taking an opioid that is higher than the person's tolerance level, AND taking a benzo at a dose higher than the person's tolerance level. If a person is stable on buprenorphine/suboxone long enough that they are not getting an effect from that medication, then a benzodiazepine has the same risk as in a 'normal' person. The main thing is that if a person is already sedated or 'buzzed' from an opioid, then that person should avoid taking additional sedatives. Hope that makes sense...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u both. It is almost impossible for me to get online and type (only internet access is phone), but this forum and website is my saving grace. The devil is pulling OT on me right now. I'll try to give some background for y'all. Live near Austin Texas, 48 female. Started taking norcos about 20 yrs ago. Got up to , hold onto ur hats, 40 10/325s a day for I think 2 yrs. My mom called my pain mgmt doc, said I was doing heroin & he dropped me, referred me to the Dr. I'm seeing now...or was seeing. And I don't blame my dr really, he is an exceptional man. He wasn't there when they turned me away. And his health is failing. I love him, he used to hug every one of his pts.each visit. Too dang sweet he is. Well, I was taking truck loads of norco and Methadone when referred to him. He sent me home with a 5 medicine detox cocktail, to get off such high amounts I was taking. It was so horrible!! But by the grace of God, and my bestie I started Fri, & walked outta my bedroom Monday morning feeling right spiffy. Couldn't believe the difference. Since I have 3 rup.disc I was put back on just norco, like 8/day 10/325. After a month or two, my dr. switch all his pts. to Suboxone. At first he prescribed 8 of those bup.ampules per day plus 2 8/2mg. Suboxone. That was way too much for me. The ex IV user in me decided to take only the injections. I can't remember transition from shots to pill form but basically Ive been on Suboxone for 8-10 yrs. Loved it. Was so happy to be free from norco and such. And while my current dose is supposed to be 8/2 sub. half in am, half in pm, I only take one half a day. That was cool cuz I almost always had hard time paying the $150 office visit & $30 UA. So one mths. supply lasts me 2 mths. Worked alright til last week. That's the reason they give for not seeing me, or refilling my Sub. What the ****? Ok. Hope that's helpful, gotta uh.... get up, stretch, and cry for a min. :-\ God Bless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 pm 

Hi Kirby, I did the same thing. I was prescribed 24mgs at first, went to sixteen. Was prescribed 16 and went to 12...so on until now at 6 but still prescribed 8mgs. So, I have always had a back up supply. This month, I had to change my appointment and the doctor had to change one. So, I am two weeks past my regular prescription day. My doctor is wonderful and I asked her to prescribe 4-2mg strips per day for the purpose of dropping. It never occurred to me that this would create a problem for my insurance company. They cover the cost of the prescription. I pay 100 dollars out of pocket for the office visit. I dont know what I would do if I had to cover the full cost of the suboxone! I hope you can find a new doctor tomorrow. The sweet doc that you love, is he not coming back? Maybe he could refer someone if he is not returning. Please keep us posted!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Apologies for sloppiness here...im using my phone, and shaking real bad. Yes, my reg.doc is coming back, but not until a week from tomorrow!!! I have some Norco 10/325 &5/325. 8-10 of those, but I don't want to take them. I have been cuz w/d is so bad, but why is it that like 3-4 hrs. After I take them, w/d comes right back? This is some bullshit!! I'm taking one and a half of the norco ten's at a time, every 3-4 hrs. I have appt. Tom. With a new doctor. What can I expect, taking Suboxone again. Will I have some waiting period before I can take Suboxone. I just want my Suboxone back. Thank you. God Bless