It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay it has been 3 weeks today since I stopped sub and I have sneezed a little bit every day. BUT TODAY, i have sneezed over 100 times and I feel all stuffed up. I have NEVER in my life sneezed THIS much with a cold EVER. So could this be the "Grand Final'e"? Any thoughts/oinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know what they say about three sneezes? Maybe the only good thing about withdrawal.

Money on it's withdrawal. Sneezing is a huge part of opioid withdrawal, and buprenorphine I've found even moreso than others. I always imagined it as my body purging the last bits of Sub out of my brain, just for fun.

It will get better.

Post subject: Sneezing
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 pm 

Sweet,

You are doing so fantastic that it makes me smile every time you post. Yea, just like TJ said, the sneezing is completely from the Suboxone withdrawal. With me, I always got them early on going through w/d's. I'd be at work and all my co-workers kept saying "Bless You" and I'd have to keep telling them that once is enough and make up some story about allergies. But damn it got embarrassing. Three weeks does seem kind of out there for that symptom to arise but then we all react a little differently to drugs and w/d's. It won't last too long and it doesn't hurt. (unless you try to hold it)

On another subject, what's with that new picture of you as your avatar? You are so dang pretty I feel like I need to register as a sex offender for mentally lusting after someone so young! Sorry, somebody had to say it! :twisted:

You are now in the club of hero's who kicked Suboxone. I take off my hat and give you a little nod of approval. You Rock!

Rule

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh Rule, you crack me up about Sweet's avatar! When I post in one of her threads, I have to put one hand over my eyes so I don't get distracted!! :D

Sweet, the sneezing thing lasted a long while for me, easily 3 weeks. My sneezes would come in bunches of 3 or 4 or 5. They eventually did subside.

You mention how you're all stuffed up, I noticed once off of Suboxone that I was getting a stuffy head a lot and I was getting sick too. I finally went to a doctor and he told me I had allergies and I said, No I don't and he said, Yes you do and I said, NO I DON'T....he won, I have allergies. I have NEVER had allergies, NEVER and then I hit 44 and all of a sudden get allergies....Grrr!!! I refuse to take any of that Claritin or anything, that crap gives me weird dreams.....like my dreams aren't weird enough on their own!! Anyhoo, you may be developing some allergies??

Other than the sneezy's, I hope you're doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's also allergy season. Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule & Rome, you guys are seriously too sweet. Thank you very very much for the kind words. (a girl can never hear too many compliments) I thought it was cool how LT's thingy looked and thought it was nice to see who I was communicating with so I googled "Personal avatar" and wallah' there I am. Funny when I see your guys posts I think you guys actually look like your avatars. Lol..(do you?)
It is true TJ, sneezing is the best part of the stopping sub. I have to admit it makes me giggle everytime I sneeze so I am giggling all the time for 2 days straight. I have never had allergies but I do not feel "sick" so it could be a combo of all 3 things huh? Cold, WD and allergies. Not sure but I am sneezing myself silly.
3 weeks off sub & I am feeling close to normal aside the sneezing & lingering lazyness but I am just going with it. I know it will not last forever and I honestly feel that with all the sneezing this may just be IT! Oh and I have a sweet tooth, but that may not be new.....
I am in the sub club... finally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh my ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Sweet,

Congrats on your successful taper and jump!

I wouldn't worry too much about the sneezing and lethargy it's all part of the recovery process, it'll pass shortly. No matter how low we taper it still takes awhile to get the remaining Sub out of our systems, and our brain's still have to reboot and start working for themselves again. Don't be surprised if you encounter some strange smells, this happened to me, and I believe LT had an issue with it as well, talk about weird! I think by the end of week five most of the symptoms had subsided and my energy levels had greatly improved. Just remember to be patient with yourself it gets better with each day.

My best to ya!
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HEY Taper57!! Long time no see. Thank you for the advise. Yeah I kinda figure I will just ride the wave. Not much else I can do right. I am taking DHEA and vitamins. I am keepig active by walking and occasional yoga. I eat pretty healthy and rarely go out to eat. (mainly due to being a gremaphobe) Good to know 5 weeks is a turn around point. Funny I did have a odd smell a few weeks back. Smelled like hand lotion. Just a day or 2 ago I smelled something like roastin garlic.. Could be worse.. Lol.
The sneezing & energy really is the only lingering stuff going on so I look forward to each new day and if I can just keep people that do not wash their friggen hands away I will be A O K.
(I believe I contracted a cold AND a tummy bug from 2 separate ppl. all in one week) :cry:
Best of luck to you as well and again Thank you so much. You taper advise really set me on the right path while I was going thru it.
And BTW Rome, I have managed to steer clear of the devil in disguise (cousin) I mean Believe me I get thoughts and when I have a bad day I think about using, but I NEVER think about calling her BC she really behaves so badly and so unpredictable. It is TRULY a BLESSING... Lol.
The other day I was thinking I wish I had some dope. Then the more I thought about it, I started getting naseous... Good for me BC that is how I stopped using pills years ago. They just started making me sick. I AM doing really good though and I am not trading one addiction for another I am not even drinking or smoking weed regularly. THAT IS ALL NEW for me... I am boring.................and I do not mind.......
Good day all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Boy Sweet, you were not kidding. I have been sneezing like a mofo for days! The energy isn't fully back, but I do not think I am feeling it as much as you are. Everyone is different. I still get some slight RLS, that was always my worst symptom. I should note that I have god awful allergies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol yeah seriously Stephant. It is astonishing how much sneezing goes on. Now when I hear someone sneezing it always makes me wonder. 8) Glad you are at this stage in the process. You are doing great! The energy thing seems to be the last thing to return to normal. You are almost there trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Some of the poster above had noticed they developed some nasal problems and seasonal allergies. It is fact that both methadone and suboxone can play some games with the endocrine system(lower T levels) and the immune system(colds, flu and allergies). Also, low testosterone can affect the immune system, and allergies are an immuno-response.
If you want to check into an all natural holistic type treatment for seasonal allergies, check into two very important mushroom extracts - 1) Cordyceps Sinensis and 2) Reishi Gano 161, in my opinion the company "Mushroom Sciences" makes the best extractions. These extract are loaded with a compound known as polysacharide chains, which are natural immune system boosters and free radical removers. Every year, I have suffered from terrible sinus and hayfever issues when the tress start to bloom in the spring - tree pollen and grass pollen allergy for years. This year, I took Tribulus Terrestris to boost testosterone after being checked and found to have low T as a result of being on Sox and the two mushroom extracts and had totally healthy sinus passages.
I have taken every over the counter and prescription allergy medicine and found they only made me sick or made my allergies even worse after being on them. Mushroom extracts are 100% natural but the big pharma companies
do not want to put mushroom extracts in their medicines - why give people medicines that really work ?? Keep them sick and in the dark on how to get better. There are certainly some unrealized health risks in taking suboxone, but a little knowledge can protect your body and keep you healthy during and after treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sweet16 wrote:
Then the more I thought about it, I started getting naseous... Good for me BC that is how I stopped using pills years ago. They just started making me sick.

I got to a point where I would be dry retching on the way to score. It's like my body could predict what I was about to put into it and started kicking up a fuss ... but my head wanted it and didn't care . Head would usually win :cry:

Even now the thought of using churns my stomach a bit ... But that aversion I found, while it does help turn me off using to a degree, was never enough.