It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I really wish we had a "like" button, because I would have just clicked on it for bella's post. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: NEVER GOOD!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm not being rude or mean or whatever, I'm just being straight up with you.

Taking ANYTHING to change how you feel is not good.

What I have found is that we crave these drugs to begin with because we have something missing in our brain chemistry, and when we take subs or opiates, it gives us a sense of mental fools gold, we think we're satisfying some sort of deficiency. But really we're masking what bothers us and not getting to the root of whats causing us to think this way. It's like, eating a big pizza, but theres that one piece with waaay too much sauce that no one wants, so instead of throwing it away you put the box under your bed and forget about it...lol

Don't ever rationalize any drug to yourself, if you don't want cravings, eat 30 grams of bee pollen granules daily and take 3000mgs of royal jelly.

It's like what I said to myself before I quit, am I going to be one of those sorry losers contemplating my whole life how and what im gonna do to get off of suboxone? hell no, so I just QUIT...no tapering, only a little preparation in nutrition, but no matter what, you can't run from it, so you might as well lower your head and run RIGHT INTO WITHDRAWALS and say YOUR NOT GETTING ME SUBOXONE!!!!!!!!! I'M STRONGER THAN YOU COULD EVER BE!!

Do it........quit dancing around it and just QUIT IT!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Universal - I'm not sure what you're trying to say or who's post you're specifically responding to - the original or the most recent. The most recent is discussing dosing for proper use of suboxone for treating opiate addiction. This is what it APPEARS you are responding to and what it APPEARS you are urging people to get off of just because YOU seem to think it's the right thing.

Am I misunderstanding you? I think it's appropriate to ask for clarification of your post before I respond to it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone ESP. Hatmaker u slways are so appropriate.
I like how everyone talks about how they have a choice of
How to take, or taper. Well my doc doesn't give me that option.
She said she would scribe for 4 months. She stated me on
8 mg and then after a month 2 moths said are u ready to break them
In half and takke 4 mg. I told her no and she complied but I really
Don't see her thinking this any kind of long term assistance.
I have chronic pain that's why I took opiates for 10 years and I take this
one 8 mg seems to hold me all day. I still get some pain
But the sub helps me to tolerate it and be able to think staight and
Funtion and not want opiates
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the topic except just
Curious as do I need a new doc or am I the one who is wrong?
Are we the one who gets to make the decision on how much and howlong
We get to take sub?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone ESP. Hatmaker u slways are so appropriate.
I like how everyone talks about how they have a choice of
How to take, or taper. Well my doc doesn't give me that option.
She said she would scribe for 4 months. She stated me on
8 mg and then after a month 2 moths said are u ready to break them
In half and takke 4 mg. I told her no and she complied but I really
Don't see her thinking this any kind of long term assistance.
I have chronic pain that's why I took opiates for 10 years and I take this
one 8 mg seems to hold me all day. I still get some pain
But the sub helps me to tolerate it and be able to think staight and
Funtion and not want opiates
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the topic except just
Curious as do I need a new doc or am I the one who is wrong?
Are we the one who gets to make the decision on how much and howlong
We get to take sub?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TX - I do NOT think you have the wrong idea. YOU know what YOU need. If you feel you're not ready to taper off suboxone, yet your doctor is pushing you to go off it, then I think you might want to consider finding a new doc. The thing is some doctors go with a one-size-fits-all attitude and apply the same theory to all their patients. That's not doing what's right for YOU. So if you need to find a new doctor to get the right treatment that's right for you, then by all means, do so, if you feel that's what you need to do.

I would only caution you to not fire your current doctor until you get all set up with a new one. Sub doctors can be too hard to find and I've heard of people ending up quitting their current doc too soon.

There are four suboxone doctor locators online: naabt.org, samhsa.gov, suboxone.com, and suboxone-directory.com.

Good luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I wanted to keep this thread going because i think this is a very important question/topic for all of us newer to subs. When i first got on subs in jan i felt so good, i thought who needs percocet, this stuff is great...now either maybe i was so happy to be out of withdrawls or i was on a bit too much, either way i was in some respect taking it for "how it made me feel"... then my dose began to level off and i felt none of the buzzed side effects and like one of the moderators said that's when the true recovery begins, I couldn't agree more! its a double edged sword because most of us do take it for how it makes us feel, but thats a vague answer, if it means.. it make me not be in withdrawl and not have cravings, great, but if it make me feel as good as my drug of choice.. not so great. i think it's ok if it keeps away the blues. what i am learning slowly is not to focus on too much of the feeling, or lack of of, but to use sub as a tool to break my addictive habits, focus on managing my back pain in a healthy way, and comfortably transition from percocet to a sober opiate free lifestyle... I hope this is somewhat helpful.

P.s some of these post have a bit of tough love going on , but what i took from them, seem pretty honest and just want to us to keep our eyes open for the wrong kind of usage for the sub, and not to fall victim to abusing them..

Post subject: !!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am so glad that you resurrected this post HoneyBee! I have been wanting to talk about this for awhile and didn't really know how to bring it up. I have been clean for two weeks now.(Kind of...) And I am still having cravings alot during the day. I don't really know how to explain it...I'm craving, but not really tempted to use my DOC. Instead I am being tempted to use a little extra sub when these feelings hit me. I have caved several times and taken extra to get me through. Oddly enough, it doesn't really do anything for me. I just feel like I have to take something when I feel like this, so that is what I have on hand, that is what I take. Today, actually right now, is really bad. My mother in law had surgery today. We had to go over and see her. Knowing that she had a whole bottle of pain pills in her kitchen sitting there was KILLING me. We just got home and I am sitting in the house by myself determined not to take more sub....but I am really struggling right now. I don't have anyone I can call because none of my other friends are addicts. Nobody understands what I'm going through except my Mom, and I can't get in touch with her right now. So I'm here venting.... Reading this post this afternoon before we left really has helped me understand that I CAN'T keep taking extra sub to get through these moments....does anyone have any tips for me? It's killing me right now!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

@horsegal... i went through the same thinjg with for wanting to take more sub.. whether it was fear of cravings or the bad habit kicking in .. i felt like .. well if i just take a little more..and of course it didn't do anything for me. BUT from everything i read taking more really won't do much and that's the good thing about the sub. it can help us break that need. As far as being so close to a bunch of pain pills.. props to you fro not taking any that had to be tough!!! thankfully i haven't been around and vics/percs so for now i hope i am not temped but hell you did have a chance to cave in and you didn't .. that is a big milestone in my opinion. What i try to do is stay busy. take a walk, watch a really good movie, bbok, or something that can help take your mind off of it, none of my friends were ever hooked on pills either so I def can't talk to them about it, but i an see them to do something that doesnt involve pills, my boyfriend still doesnt understand why at times i get moody, but it's just me adjusting to feeling "normal" . just get through the evening, do whatever makes you feel a bit distracted and i'm sure you'll wake up feeling better about yourself, even though when cravings hit , it can feel like an endless night, just stay pre occupied don't go back to your moms or near pills and vent away,,, cravings pass. If it gets bad talk to your doc. I see mine every 2 weeks.. he upped my dosage to help with this in the beginning but that higher dose still levels off, not saying that 's what will work for u , but thats what got me through, i also get bad anxiety and the meds i take for that helped me a ton, i know not to trade one med for another but in my case my anxiety meds kept me on sub and calmer, not so restless.. feel free to vent like i said in the morning you'll proib feel much better and very proud for not taking any pills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ladies, I don't know if this is gonna help that much, but I'll throw it out there anyway. When I was on Suboxone, I knew that taking any kind of regular pain med was going to be a complete waste of time and money because Suboxone would block its effects. I figured that me knowing Suboxone would block any pleasant effects of pain pills is why I didn't have any cravings for them, plus the fact that Suboxone was occupying all of my opiate receptors, keeping them fairly happy, surely helped kill my cravings. Oh Yeah, that's the other thing, if you're not on a high enough dose of Suboxone, you may not have all or enough of your opiate receptors being stimulated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks romeo , most of that i learned either the first month i was on subs via trial and error and also from reading on here and google research... but anyone on here with more info and advice all the better !!! thanks!