It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: WOW you got to read this
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok I have been on subs for a little over a year and as most of you I have done lots of reaserch on this drug and as most of you know more about it then some docs. I have been seeing the same doc for the hole time over a year and he is great but he don't take my insurance so I pay out of pocket and its only 160.00 a month plus the 15 for the script but in this day you save were you can so I found a doc in the area the only on my insurance will cover grate so I make an oppointment for today. First I get there and they don't know I'm coming after they called me and gave me a time so what ever it happens but then I see the doc and show him my bottle and recenly my other doc gave me subutex and it has a generic well the generic is Buprenorphine so thats what the bottle says so I give it to him to see so he knows what I'm on then he looks at me and say's I thought you were on suboxon I said I am but I was just switched to the Bup its cheaper he tells me he dont no nothing about that sorta medication he just uses Suboxon I said I under stand you fill safer that way he says no I cant give you pain meds and Subs well I'm not taking pain meds he says what do you think the Bup is I sais its the same thang as Subs but without neloxon he says no there totaly diffren I will have to withdraw from the Bup before I go on Subs know I'm scared that this guy don't kmow his head from a hole in the wall I said okm this aint going to work buy I still need a head doc for other issues he said he will not treat an active addict that refuses to get off of the narcatic pain meds I said but you would treat me if I wetre on subs and not Bup right he said thats what I do ok so I told him thanks for his time but its not going to workout he said to come back when I'm ready to get clean and get of of the pain meds witch is the Bup am I wrong or is he a quack please tell me that I'm not crazy right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

O yes I do know that Suboxon is a pain med but I use it for pain managmint and my addiction and sorry for the grammer I tried

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are correct in that this doctor doesn't know his head from his damn ass. What an idiot. (Here we go again). Did these doctors sleep through the damn suboxone classes or what? I mean REALLY?!? Maybe you should call the doctor back and set him straight as to what the naloxone in the sub actually does and doesn't do and that subutex does the SAME DAMN THING! Tell him he needs a re-do on the courses when the patients understand it better than he does. GEEEZ! How do these people get through med school?

I certainly hope you have the time and ability to connect with a new doctor before you run out of pills or something. (If I understand your post correctly).

Anyways. Good luck!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like Jackcrack said, you are 100% right and this doctor couldn't be MORE WRONG. I'm amazed at this sorry-ass-excuse-for-a doctor's ignorance. Can you imagine what he's doing with his other patients? I think you were right to walk away and find a different doctor. I wish you luck in finding someone who takes your insurance. Maybe you should file a complaint with someone? Just a thought...

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:57 am 
Good grief! Just when you think you've heard it all! Yes...that doctor is a complete idiot! Reminds of the old joke that goes something like this: Question-What to you call the guy that graduated last in his med school class? Answer-Doctor!
Doctors, nurses, anyone in healthcare are just like any other professional......some are really good at what they do and some are not. Some are nice and some are not. Some are real knowledgable and some are not. With the obvious difference being that the medical professionals have our health in their hands! All I can say is that if you run across one who obviously sucks at what they do........run! And start looking elsewhere.
I'm sorry that happened to you. His rationale is what really gets me! I can at least somewhat see why a lot of the Sub doctors don't want to write for the generic Subutex.......they'll say something like "I'm not comfortable prescribing it without the naloxone due to concerns about diversion, yada, yada, yada..." But this guys excuse is just crazy, totally off the wall, makes no sense whatsoever!
Good luck in finding someone else. This guy isn't the one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I will just go to my same old doc he is great just looking around window shopping mabe I will just stay were I'm at thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My doc switched me to subutex and then when I moved and went to my new doc I handed him the bottle and he went off.......I thought you said you were on suboxone???? I am....no your not.....I said my doc switched me becasue of cost and the only difference is it doesn't have naloxone in it........WRONG.....this is against federal law..........federal law. I said why is that.......he refused to answer and began puffing and turning red...I thought he was going to have a heart attack........He said this is not the suboxone program......I do the suboxone program. I said I don't have a problem going back to suboxone it is just more expensive......he said good cause you dont have a choice....He said "these damn doctors are violating federal law". Well needless to say I needed the script......so when he was done I said should I call the FBI on my old doctor..........he grabbed his inhaler.......and waved me off..Since then I haven't had any issues I just go in and get my script........he does try to get you to buy your pills from him for $8 each.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh boy! Jim - your new doc sounds like a quack too. Didn't you say he was an antique or something? hahaha. Violating federal law! HA! Doesn't he think the pharmacy might freak out? He just wants you to buy his pills and stay off the radar. I hate it when they think you are stupid though. Like if he said your old doc was violating federal law you might not even question that because...you know....in his mind he is God and you just have to take in everything he says as gospel and have faith. Grrrrrr.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No shit I was telling my wife about it and she was like did you tell him what it was ya right they know all you can't tell those guys nothing don't get me wrong I have had good docs but there all the same.No offence to any one. My wife is a nurse and she asked one of the docs what he thought about it when I was on the phone with here he said run away

Post subject: Quack!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Suboxone is 8mg bupenorphine and 2mg naloxone! The name brand for the bup. is subutex,therefore you combine the 2 names subutex and naloxone and u get suboxone! What an idiot!