It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I had transferred from methadone to suboxone February 5 2016. I was only on methadone for 12 mos never higher than 80mg and only at 80 for around a month tops then began tapering to make the switch. Transition was smooth it was wonderful to get off of that and no problems with sub. Doc 1 who I saw in March & April of this year (who was an ok dr but had unique policies like u couldn't live 15 miles or more away you couldn't disagree with ANY thing he said which mean u didn't get an opinion in ur care) so when I switched jobs I was about an hour away I wasn't going to tell him but of course it made me late by 8 mins hence his theory and I was discharged. I was originally prescribed 2 8mg a day and if I didn't need that much to cut the 2nd in half or not take it at all if it didn't feel right. So I actually needed only one 8 a day. I finally found a new sub Dr after searching for over a month, and I went yesterday. Like most of u I had done extensive suboxone research and knew what the prior dr had told me. And I must say I think this doctor was providing some dangerously risky misinformation. I told him the dose I was on, a stable, and prescribed, dose- and I had cut one in half and he just said loudly "NO No NO! You don't ever do that!" I told him the dr told me to. He said he was wrong. He already had the nurse write down that I was bipolar 2 and depressed??? News to me. He based that on a 10question quiz all questions began with "have you ever, while on drugs or sober.." Then, be so hyper and excited that people thought u were on something? Felt extreme happiness and more confident? Had racing thoughts or hard to focus". Remember the preface "ON DRUGS OR SOBER". Wth?! So he wrote me a script for Saphris which I will not be taking. I'm fine he wanted me to be Un fine. THEN he told me it would take exactly 3 yeRs for me personally to be able to safely stop subs. And then told me one a day wouldn't work he wanted me to take THREE a day. He TRIPLED my script. He gave me one in the office so that made two for he day and within 2 hours I was in bed after nodding off getting home with a horrible migraine and on the verge of throwing up. It was the worst feeling ever. Well. Not ever but u know. I told myself "I'm not gonna tell him he's crazy if he thinks I'm taking 3 of those a day. I'll tKe the script for 90 get 3 mos to again look for a new dr." In questioning my home life and learning my husband had had neck and throat cancer he immediately informed me my husband had been cheating on me which is how he got that. Well I knew from studying HOV was responsible for a fair bit of moth and neck cancers but far from the only possibility. He argued that with me when I never missed an appointment I reviewed all records and tests with a nurse knew all the answers to my questions and knew that was 100% NOT the primary reason for his particular cancer. I chose not to tell him just prior to learning of cancer we had been parting a lot and had a few 3sones so the odds we not that he cheated but IF it was HPV which they couldn't prove I was prolly there when he got it. But to say that to me?? Not ok. What was becoming the strangest dr appointment of me life ended 2 hours later, the place I had walked into with confidence and feeling good just wanted to keep in my treatment plan, I was walking out of "bipolar 2 and manic depressive with a cheating spouse and needing 3x the amount of suboxone". Ok. WTF!!!???? The 2 subs nearly killed me much less 3, no way. I had to share this. Would love read reactions and opinions. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey AG10,

On this drug forum, I think you posted this earlier under 'Wow. Am I ever confused now. Or maybe the doctors are?!' I responded several times there.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:31 pm 

Yup, I'm going to erase this post because it covers the same ground as the OP's other posts.

Amy

P.S. I think I will actually lock it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]