It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi,
I found this forum after reading a position piece by Dr. Junig on another site that I found informative/insightful. As I am typing this I am in a Michigan hospital and have taken my fourth Suboxone dose (24 hrs.).

A little about me: I'm from Michigan but have lived in AZ for the past 5 years. I came back here to be switched to subs because I was on 300mcg of fentanyl patches as well as a high amount of roxy 30's. Anyway, I was at the point that NO amount of narcotic would take away my withdrawals or pain. I have a history of abusing heroin, alcohol, and benzo's. After a brief but nasty switch that began yesterday afternoon I would kindly say that I was "skeptical" about the benefits of Suboxone. I pulled out my iPad to see what I could learn about it (can't BELIEVE the amount of disinformation about this drug). Shortly after noon I became very sleepy for 20 minutes or so and was then, almost instantly, feeling better than I have in a 15 years. My mind is clear, pain is still there but better than before, and I can't wait to get out to start cleaning up some of the "wreckage of my past." It's only been a day so I can't call this a wonder drug yet, but it would be my inclination to do so. Anyway - looking forward to getting into these boards and meeting all of you.

Post subject: Re: Wow
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good for you! Isn't it great to feel normal again? I'm a Michigander as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks - I am kind of beside myself. Quick question, this has probably been discussed ad nauseam but do you go to 12 step meetings? The tx center that I went to but got booted from (before OD'ing twice - coming back with narcan) puts out a blog that really rails against Suboxone. I like the comradarie, seeing that I'm not unique, etc. that it offers (even though I haven't gone to a meeting in 4 years or so) but I'm a little terrified of going or getting a chip in case people knew (I know some already do). I've gone cold turkey from narcotics more times than I can count - my god the despair. I'm guessing you know, but I would be in ACUTE w/d 12-15 days later. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. Sorry for all the ?'s. I'm only finding 4-5 year old posts on here and some of the Subjects are misleading.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:45 pm 

Hey Bryan, welcome to the best place for everything Suboxone.
Ive read so habits here in the last 3 years, but you didnt mess around bud. So glad your getting back on track and on sub.
Once you get stable you will fine.

Meetings and suboxone, well, ive bn going to na since almost the begining. Ok, No, most will not like it. Some will say to your face You Arent Clean". Ok, so, I just try not to deal with thoses folks. Any good hardcore stepper will be glad you are there. The choise is do you tell or not. Tricky. I delt with it by viewing suboxone asca medicine, not a drug to get high with. I have nothing but respect for those who fly without a net so to speak..that isnt me.

There is a push and pull today in this country over DRT. Drs say yes. Rehabs and the law say no.
Mean while we have a pandemic of opiate addiction with no bottem insight in this country..(soapbox, sorry). I wont get into all of this whos Cleaner than who, quite frankly I dont give a shit today. This worked for me and the fellowship works for me too.

You get what you put into it, you were there 4 years ago so you know what I mean right?..

Anyway B, hope your feeling better man..

As far as the forum gos, let me direct you to Dr Js Talkzone an utube videos. ? Very helpful..and there are newer posts, ya just need to keep looking.. lol

razor.....

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Meetings did not work for me personally. Everyone telling drug stories made me want to use and concentrate on drug use. To each their own. And yes, some will say you're not really clean, I could see smirks from some when I got my key tag. It's not up to anyone to say you're clean, if you feel normal with not having to endure withdrawal and cravings, then good for you!