It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Off of my suboxone. Was on for 1 week and didn't have any urges but the sub at a very low dose relaxed me to a calm sleepy state/no cravings. Almost 3 weeks with no vicodin and today I want one something terribly. I liked them for the energy they gave me. I have been very depressed and no energy. Suggestions????

Post subject: Ugh
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Stupid me. I threw away my 3 remaining subs (2mg) and flushed my 100 vicodin last week for fear of using them. Not sure if that was a good idea or not. This really sucks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DISTRACT, DISTRACT, DISTRACT!! In other words, this, too, shall pass. Go do something RIGHT NOW, like take a walk, play a game of cards, read a book, watch a movie. Do something to occupy yourself and it WILL pass. I'll write more later, but I want you to read this NOW.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, now that I've put that up, I can take my time and write more of what I want to say. Like I said above and what Dr. Junig always stresses, if we just wait it out, cravings WILL pass - they always do. We just have to find ways to occupy and distract ourselves.

Also very beneficial (and this is where people who go to addiction counselors have one up on us) is learning to identify what triggers us/our cravings. If you can't go to one of those for whatever reason, but you are interested in learning more about addiction and yourself, go to one of the bigger book stores and find their addiction/recovery section (it might not be very big). They should have workbooks that help you to learn about triggers and cravings and many other things. I have a couple of them and found them quite informative.

You've come this far. Put the thoughts of vicodin right out of your head. This is where things get hard, but you can do it and if we can help you, we will. You can keep writing here....long posts if you need to. Just don't do the one thing that will put you right back to that dead end chaos-filled life of self-destruction. Remember the consequences and the costs. I know you can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bono Kisser,

You never have to use drugs again!!! I don't care what is going on in your life, you never have to use drugs again!!!

Surviving opiate wd is a BITCH, first is the Acute wd, then it's followed by PAWS. PAWS can linger for quite some time. Being very depressed/no energy is certainly a part of PAWS, but as I'm finding out, it can also be regular old depression.

There have been more and more people on the forum lately who are starting a course of anti-depressants before they quit Suboxone just to deal with the depression/lack of energy.

I started on Wellbutrin early this week and already feel somewhat better, would you consider trying an anit-depressant.....obviously talk to your doctor about it.

Your depression/lack of energy seem to be your real trigger right now, believe me, I know how you feel. I hope you can address this trigger of yours.

Please stay in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This probably is not the best reply to give you but after taking subs for some time hydro won't do shit for you. I know it's not the most insiteful advise but it's true. Your tolerance has sky rocketed and to go three or four days to get the sub out of your system to find your doc is not what you remembered it to be will be a waste of time and money. Stay the course. We've all been there.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I haven't used and thankfully have no vicodin in the house. I was only on the suboxone for a week/every other day-seemed to help with the cravings. Not sure if I need more suboxone or just wait it out. I am on zoloft/wellbutrin. (wellbutrin makes me more anxious so not sure if I like it) The depression and lack of energy really is awful. No appetite at all. I'll keep in touch.

BonoKisser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm glad you didn't use. Do you still feel as strongly that you want to, though? And do you think your anxiety is related to your cravings at all? You said you're on Wellbutrin, right? You might get better relief of your anxiety if you went with an SSRI or an SNRI. Wellbutrin is a Norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitors and I'm really not sure if they are good for anxiety as well as depression like SSRI/SNRI's like Prozac, Paxil, etc. I don't know how your depression is or how long you've been on wellbutrin, but I just wanted to mention that - it may not apply to you one bit. So take that with a grain of salt.

With regard to going back on suboxone, I'd say to keep an open mind. I don't want to say just wait it out for too long, because as we all know, relapses can be deadly. I think this is even more true after we've gotten off suboxone. See, it raises our tolerance and when we try to get high, we end up taking more and more to get past the suboxone tolerance and/or blockade effect that that's where the danger of overdose is so very great. So please be careful.

Like I said, I think you need to look inward (with or without a therapist, although I very much believe in therapy) and find out how your addict mind works - what triggers you - people, music, environments, smells -everything like that. You also need plans in place for when triggers and cravings come up so that you right off the bat know exactly what to do so that you don't relapse. Knowing all this about yourself and your addiction will give you better odds at not relapsing.

If you feel like it, you can talk to us about these things. We know what it's like and we understand all about fighting off triggers and cravings...maybe we can help you work through this. Hang in there and please keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey BK,

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. What you're describing is classic opiate wd and it's not fun. It gets better with time.

Counseling or therapy is a good idea. I did one on one with an addiction counselor for a few years.

Stay strong and don't be afraid to post as much as you want to.

Post subject: Treatment
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
Hey BK,

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. What you're describing is classic opiate wd and it's not fun. It gets better with time.

Counseling or therapy is a good idea. I did one on one with an addiction counselor for a few years.

Stay strong and don't be afraid to post as much as you want to.

Hello everyone. I am headed to inpatient treatment to get off this xanax (and vicodin) I started using again :( after 21 days. I was soooo depressed i couldn't stand it. I think it will be good to be around a structured environment. They use subutex which is good as I think i am going to benefit from it properly this time. I will try and keep in touch when I can. I appreciate all of your help. I will likely be there 5 weeks. (Caron Texas-North of Dallas)

BonoKisser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you BK, I am SOOO proud of you!! I know that's a tough decision to make about going inpatient, but you made it and I couldn't be more happy and proud of you than I am right now!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wish you the best of luck and my prayers are with you :D

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

u2star wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I haven't used and thankfully have no vicodin in the house. I was only on the suboxone for a week/every other day-seemed to help with the cravings. Not sure if I need more suboxone or just wait it out. I am on zoloft/wellbutrin. (wellbutrin makes me more anxious so not sure if I like it) The depression and lack of energy really is awful. No appetite at all. I'll keep in touch.

BonoKisser

maybe if you feel you need a structure, get on the sub train? i had to join the program because i knew id relapse at the time without adequate support.
just a thought! keep your head up! vicodin use will just lead to something WORSE!!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bboy42287 wrote:
I wish you the best of luck and my prayers are with you :D

Thanks very much!

Post subject: Romeo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
Good for you BK, I am SOOO proud of you!! I know that's a tough decision to make about going inpatient, but you made it and I couldn't be more happy and proud of you than I am right now!!!

That made me feel soooo good. Thanks Romeo. I am not sure their usage policy on the ipad but I am sure it is likely going to be nil! I will try and post when I can. (( )) Hugs to you for your support.

BK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

wow i didnt read the whole thread:(

congrats on your choice! you can do it! i did it for 7 weeks.
give yourself what you need and deserve! much love!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good for you. Come back and post to let us know how you are doing when you can.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

get back on the suboxone if your cravings are still there! u don't want to start over again! stay away from the vicodins! u can do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sending you GOOD VIBES

and good luck

you've made the right decision. Dont get down on yourself, just get better.

I know you can do it.

Hope your inpatient is going well

********GGGGGOOOOOOOOODDDDD VVVVVVVIIIIIBBBBBBBEEEEEEESSSSSSS************

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

it looks like this topic is 6 months old...