It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:29 am 
New Poster
New Poster

for around three years I battled opiate abuse. I would take them a few times, quit taking them.. Take them everyday, withdrawal, quit taking them & so on. I even got on probation for two years and found ways around my drug tests to be able to get high. A few months ago things got really bad for me when i switched over to percs and the guy i would get them from would trade me my adderall for them. I was so afraid to quit taking them and how sick i would be so I went to a suboxone doctor and told him what had been going on. He started me off with 12 mlg suboxone strips a day and of course it was a relief and i never had withdrawals. The suboxone made me so constipated that i was physically ill so i went back to the doctor,. He gave me three different kind of laxatives and seriously nothing would work unless i would use an enema but i still kept taking the subs for a few more weeks until i decided i couldn't take it anymore. i quit taking them for two weeks (cold turkey) and didn't feel any withdrawals at all. After the two weeks i came so close to going and getting vics so i decided to just get my suboxone prescription instead and only took it for a few days a little bit here and there. three days after taking it the second time i spent a whole night awake with a dripping in the back of my throat so i just thought maybe i was getting sick. The next day i went and got nasal congestion pms and nasal sprays. neither of them helped me the 2nd night and i was absolutely miserable. My bed was soaking wet, my legs wouldn't stop moving, and i didn't sleep for even 5 min
(that night i realized it was withdrawals) throughout the next day i couldn't even be outside because sunlight gave me a huge headache and even though it was around 80 degrees outside i was freezing cold. The third night i tried drinking nyquil, smoking weed, and taking sleep aids (all throughout different times of the night) to at least relax myself but nothing worked. The day after that night i threw up what i ate for breakfast and had terrible diarrhea all day long on top of my whole body hurting and feeling depressed. The fourth night i knew was going to be terrible.. the thought of even getting into my bed made me want to cry but that was the night i felt the absolute worst.. i wanted to die. Around four in morning i told my mom that (she knew what i was going through & she knew i hadn't slept in days there was no hiding it, I looked like a heroin addict) but she gave me an ambien.. I maybe slept 2 hrs at the most but I took an adderall the next day and was able to move..I still felt so sick though and not mentally ok (people say its like the flu but its 100 times worse) That day I had to work (I'm a hairstylist) & it was one of the worse things ive ever had to push myself to do. I called my sub doctor but he was out of town and the women that was in charge there tried to put me back on subs. which i wasn't going to do after already suffering for that many days. I considered going and getting a few vics to try and take the edge off but decided to get valium instead. I've never been into the whole xanex, valium, kalonopin thing so i knew it would be ok if i only took it at night for a few days. I swear to god valium was a life saver! my legs calmed down, I could eat, and I actually felt somewhat normal. I took them for a few nights starting with two down to a half and i think at this point im ok almost a week and a half later. I WOULDNT suggest ANYONE to get on suboxone. If you take vicodin, loatabs, percs, oxys ex.. I PROMISE YOU the withdrawls are less severe to quit taking them cold turkey then to get on subs. the withdrawals are like tripled and terrible. Even though i am not as sick as i was im still not mentally ok and i always feel like crying.. of course this would happen before with vics but not nearly as bad. If you are on subs now i advise you start tapering down bc the longer youre on them the longer its going to take you to be normal. mentally. goodluck everyone![font=Georgia] [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:41 pm 
The content of this message has been deleted because the member is banned for troll-like behavior.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:49 pm 

Hi Tristaaa,

Congratulations on finding the best forum for discussing Suboxone. Sorry you had such a hard time with it and I don't blame you for hating it. People react differently to Buprenorphine. You had a hard time while others might barely feel the withdrawals.

I will agree with you about 50% when you said no one should be on Suboxone who is taking just Vicodins or Lortabs. (same thing) It is like hitting a fly with a bulldozer. But in my case it was all there was unless I wanted Methadone, which I didn't. The only course I was on was the road to destruction or death. I was taking huge amounts of Norco's, Tramadols, & Soma's to get the high I so craved. If not for Suboxone I might have died trying. What it did was stop the insanity of my life and gave me back a sense of normalcy.

What you didn't do was taper, like is suggested here and everywhere, including the pamphlet inside the box of Suboxone. Even then, some people still have a bad time with stopping. Well? What do you want, no withdrawals? When you dance with the devil, a heavy price must be paid. If you're lucky it won't be so bad. Should I have stayed addicted to Norco and try to stop? Nope, been there, done that. No can do for longer than a week.

Yes, Suboxone is a very powerful drug. At least now we have more information about it than I had three years ago. No one even told me it was an opiate. Doesn't matter, I still would have taken it. Addicts today can Google it, come here or other forums and find out exactly what they will be put on if they decide to go onto Suboxone.

So yes, I do agree that people taking low doses of Hydrocodone shouldn't be put on Suboxone unless they have all the information available. Then they can decide how their life will go.

r62

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:19 pm 
The content of this message has been deleted because the member was banned for troll-like behavior.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ It's hard to take your repeated attempts to spew your bullshit seriously when you can't even spell these drug's names, you know, the one's that you claim to know so much about. Just sayin'..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm 
The content of this message has been deleted because the member has been banned for troll-like behavior.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Nah, it's not enough. It's just the icing on the cake. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Venir wrote:
if you go on suboxone with the ultimate goal of getting sober than you are totally throwing away your future...."

I should say that I am for the most part in agreement that sub is way over prescribed by unimformed "professionals" who tout it as "THE" solution, but the above statement is absolute malarkey. It may be true in some or even many cases, but not true for all. I am living proof and my future is bright....and I'm not the only one.

Went from methadone to suboxone with the ultimate goal of getting off of all med's. How? Never took my mind off of the ultimate goal!

Stop putting stuff out there that basically states "if you already got on suboxone with the ultimate goal of getting sober, you are screwed." That just isn't true and there is mounting evidence on this forum alone to prove it.

I am of the opinion that a high majority should not be placed on sub long-term, but that is just my opinion. A friend of mine had something like a 20 norco a day habit for a couple of years and was put on 16mg of sub at rehab. A couple of years later he was pissed off and hopeless because he didn't want to be on the sub due to some side effects and the fact that "he felt trapped". I agreed that he was a victim, but there comes a time when one has to own up to personal responsibility and do what is necessary to get where you want. To my knowledge, he never did this (haven't seen him recently) and has continued to spiral down with relapases and hopelessness. He should've never been placed on sub, but his story and mine are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

A part of me hates to admit it, but suboxone along with rigorous 12-step participation saved my life. With methadone, I was going to DIE. I could not taper and had no control over the stuff just as with any other opiate, but sub allowed me to slowly step down from the GINORMOUS tolerance that I had developed to opiates and at the same time get my life together by applying a program of recovery.

I almost signed up at subsux (totally anti sub, obviously) and was going to stay away from this forum, however, I recognize that sub had a role in saving my life, but I never for one second planned on staying on it permanently.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to say in short that sub has a place in long(er)-term use / treatment, and that is my direct experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm 
The content of this message has been deleted because venir is banned and his statements are not helpful.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 pm 
The content of this message has been deleted because the member has been banned for troll-like behavior.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks for the extra motivation, not that i need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm 

Venir is the same person as Shoeswoosh who was banned yesterday. He just added a new identity. He has now been banned. He is not here to be helpful in any way. Troll City!!!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm 

Tristaa, you didn't take suboxone as it's prescribed at all. It's not meant for a person to go on it and off it multiple times. It is a maintenance medication that you are supposed to take steadily and it is recommended that you do a slow taper to come off of it. Don't blame the medication for your lack of research and reckless decision to jump off of it.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You don't know better than anyone...I'm sorry...But saying that heroin is healthier than suboxone and causes debilitating health issues...well that just sounds ALL too familiar to me *cough*Shoeswoosh*cough*

Heroin kills. And you're insinuating something that's just downright absurd (IV heroin over treatment)....

Really sounds like you've never experienced any full-agonist opiate withdrawals....must less suboxone withdrawals.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3uzkw7/

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by jonathanm1978 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had this window open before these replies were posted...I knew that was him again, because saying the "debilitating health" thing all over again in this thread just like he did in that other thread.

Also, people can use a VPN to get IP addresses from the netherlands and such to create accounts and get around things...it's a commonly used thing with people who troll internet boards...

Back when I was admin on a board that had this problem, I actually blocked certain countries from being able to register (like china, netherlands, pakistan) because they were all BNC accounts (meaning, using a bouncer to hop IPs from other countries....it actually looks like you're from Pakistan...but the VPN tunnel protects your REAL IP from being seen by some top level IP searches. A more thorough IP scan tool would hop the VPN and find at least the correct country, if not the correct region of the country. And NO VPN provider is safe from court order from the USA...so many of these trolls think they can do what they want on an internet forum without any recip from anyone...but if you email their ISP...like abuse@charter.com....then they are required to follow up with reports of harassment, abuse, etc from people on their services.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree that people should never be put on maintenance suboxone or subutex programme. If one is going to be on maintenance then methadone will suffice, at least methadone is tried and tested and know what it can do, but with bup we really have no clue what is is doing to our receptors, body and health. Secondly people can recover from long term methadone use, the trend is methadone PAWS last way shorter then bup PAWS, and depression seems to a Big major issue coming off bup then methadone.

If people knew how hard it is coming off bup then am sure they will think twice going on long term bup programme, there really is no need to be on long term bup, infact my doctor said subutex was actually not made for long term use, but to get off methadone or 2 week stay.

Tapering bup for many people seems not make any difference in shortening withdrawals or PAWS, thats why many struggle with bup...

Also with bup the longer you take it the less of yourself you become, at least with methadone your still somewhat feeling yourself, with bup you get bored easily, have no motivation, no emotions and feel you have no future.

Please I urge everybody to research thoroughly, ask around, read all boards and forums and then make an informed decision..Your future, relationship, marriage, health and happiness is at stake here.. My doctor does not prescribe bup for over 2 weeks anymore, she always had patients come to her 3 months, 6 months and even 2 years after stopping bup, complaining of depression and PAWS, she got so concerned she took it up with Reckitt, now she is done prescribing bup except for extreme cases and that's even for only 2 weeks, she is planning to sign off on the register of being a doctor that prescribes bup, can't say you can blame her...She cares more about patients then medicines or protocol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I doubt too many people from Pakistan would know about suboxone and subutex, or feel the need to post on forums like this..I really doubt anybody there is on bup maintenance programme, but who knows. I do know they do not have a system like Europe and U.S about prescribing bup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

@BB6152

Your contradicting yourself here, you complain about bup on other forums and how fatigue and tired you feel a year out yet here you make it look your a totally different person. You complain of symptoms and how people should get off bup and why it only held you back in life, yet here you claim it saved your life?...I do not think this is fair, it's misinformation, just be yourself and honest... You go on about trying various treatments to combat bup withdrawals and PAWS yet here your singing its praises?..

One thing I do not understand is those folks who claim to be off bup why do they get get hyped about other people coming off bup, or other people complaining about WDs and PAWS, or claiming it did not help them as much as they hoped it would? ..Could be they are still on bup? and are just looking for positive stories? usually you'll hardly see nany ex-bup users on forums like this let alone get hyped about other people complaining about bup, especially does not make sense if they themselves had a rough ride coming off bup..Hmmmmmmmm..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Icaras wrote:
I doubt too many people from Pakistan would know about suboxone and subutex, or feel the need to post on forums like this..I really doubt anybody there is on bup maintenance programme, but who knows. I do know they do not have a system like Europe and U.S about prescribing bup.

I really didn't say anything about people from those countries being here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:51 pm 

Amy