It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so over the last month I have been looking for a new sub doc as mine wanted to switch me to Vivitrol from 6mg of sub a day with no taper
Ok so I was looking around on the here to help website and noticed this dr about 20 miles away and called several others and he Was the only one excepting new patients.
So the first time I went in I was filling out forms and overheard this doctor yelling at another patient at the top of his lungs. The receptionist told me not to worry and that it didn't happen often. It worried me but I made an appointment anyway for today and when I went in nobody was their the receptionist was on her lunch break. After waiting for about a half hour the doctor, who I've yet to see comes walking out and yells at me real fast to go wait outside untill his staff is back and that he might not be able to see me today.
So I'm waiting outside and the receptionist pulls up back from lunch and asks me why I am sitting outside the office. I tell her what had happened and she kinda rolled her eyes at me like this is a normal Occurance. She told me to go back in and I told her that he yelled at me and I'm not going back in untill he says so. So she goes in and I hear the doc telling at her about how he " fucking hates the privacy curtain on the front door to the officE and swats at it and almost makes it fall down for emphasis. He continues to Yell at her about something and theme she finnally comes out and says, we're going to have to reschedule you the doctor is having some kind of emergency"
So I've heard this guy throw two fits like a two year old and yell at several different people already before I've even had my official first appointment.
It's says on his website how kind and respectful he is and how everyone is treated fairly and has a say in their own care"
What a freakin joke this guy is. He deserves to lose his Liscence the way he treats people.
I want to expose his identity but I fear retaliation and don't no if I'm allowed to on hear. I will be finding another new doc.
Just needed to vent how rediculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi scaredofchange and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you went through that. There's no excuse at all for your doctor to act that way. Are you in a position to continue looking for a new doctor, or are you now stuck with this one? If you are stuck for the moment with this one, you can keep searching for another one in the meantime. In addition to the locator on here to help (NAABT.org), there are also sub doc locators at the top of this page (suboxone-directory.com), http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/bwns_locator/, as well as suboxone.com. They don't all have the same list of doctors, so definitely check all the different locators. With any luck, you won't have to deal with this loose cannon for too long.

I wish you the best in finding a more suitable doctor. Good luck and again, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around. I'm confident you'll find the people here supportive and lots of good information here, too.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello again!!
I remember your first posts from awhile back, about the forced taper issue...........

Just wanted to say that,,,,,,,, and If I WERE YOU, I'd go ahead and keep your 'rescheduled' appt. Becuase you never know how long it'll take to get in with somebody else. so a sceamer (lol) is better than nodda.

Anyways,,,,,,, your right that's absolutely horrible. But, if your stuck, you could look at it in a new light and say, well everybody has a shitty day once in awhile???? and maybe it's not his normal behavoir,,,,,,, but Im an optomist, so who knows!!!!

I wish you the best of luck. Ive heard lots of people having good luck with the suboxone dot com site, cuz it lists the doctors for you. But whatever works for YOU , is all that matters!!!!

So good luck,
hope everything works out for the best!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Dr's Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think it is ok to give the Dr's name and city, state. I have lots of time to make anonymous phone calls and perhaps he will think twice about f'king with some crazy people............LOL........Please PM with the info and I promise someone (me) will have a few hours of enjoyment................WTF......who is he and please follow up and make sure you get his phone number (the new updated one) he is going to need...........which means new business cards...invoices..we are human beings that should be treated with the respect he says he will give...........I have abut 50 scenarios that will put this guy on XANAX..............so please give me the satisfaction.......name and number.......LOL.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Dr's Name
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:56 pm 

ReRaise wrote:
I think it is ok to give the Dr's name and city, state. I have lots of time to make anonymous phone calls and perhaps he will think twice about f'king with some crazy people............LOL........Please PM with the info and I promise someone (me) will have a few hours of enjoyment................WTF......who is he and please follow up and make sure you get his phone number (the new updated one) he is going to need...........which means new business cards...invoices..we are human beings that should be treated with the respect he says he will give...........I have abut 50 scenarios that will put this guy on XANAX..............so please give me the satisfaction.......name and number.......LOL.

Jim

Hey Jim! Remind me not to piss you off, K?

Hey Scared, I'm sorry you have some crappy options on docs where you live! I wish you were in CO because I know my doc still has some spaces, and he is wonderful. I agree with Amber that you should keep your new appointment. Try to be as unassuming and humble as possible so as not to set off Dr. Yelly! Hopefully, a better doc will come along soon!

Amy

Post subject: sounds the same
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my doc kicked me out cause he thought i was loaded, 4 days later u was seizing