It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Worried
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, new to forum but long reader. Ok heres what happened. Been with my subutex dr about 6 months. 2 8mgs a day. So i went in & got my 1st drug test with this dr. I was running late that day but brought meds with me & thought id get a chance to take my dose when i got there. So i check in & paid. The nurse said it would be a bit. Ok so i go to get my morning pill. I break them in halfs & put them under each side of my tongue. As soon as i get back i get called back for a drug test. So i go to do the test & notice a tiny piece falls in. It melts in. Im worried what it might show up as or what will happen about that piece that fell in? Any help asap would be much appreciated. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi josh and welcome. Do you mean that when you gave your sample for the UA that some of the sub from in your mouth fell into the sample cup? If that's what you mean, I would have told the doctor. It might mess up the UA, I would think. If it were me, and that is indeed what happened, I would call the doctor's office and tell them what happened. I'd just admit that I was embarrassed that it happened like that and just didn't say anything at the time. But I'd definitely explain what happened to them. (If I'm understanding correctly what you mean.) They (or the lab) might look at the test and really shake their head, wondering wtf happened. But I really think it should be explained to them.

Now if I'm misunderstanding what you said happened, then disregard everything I've said and maybe you can clarify.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry i wasnt more clear. It was a piece from under my fingernail. I guess from breaking it in half. Ive had it happen before at home but at home u can just toss it under your tounge with the rest.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In my past experience as a patient.I've added sub dust to my basic same day urine test's, to make sure it comes out + for sub and it never shows for anything else. So if your worried that the un processed material will show for something else,it hasnt ever for me and I've done this several times.{ This is just my experience as a patient,not a professional}. Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why did you add the dust to your test? Were you not taking the sub? Or were you just not taking as much as the doctor prescribed and you wanted it to look like you were? I'm just wondering if the test shows what level of sub you have in your system, or if it just shows as positive or negative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My test was on a tues, I didnt take any mon (the day b4) but took them the whole week b4 except that fri. Took half of 1 on sat & half of 1 on sun. My test was sent off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm 
josh786 wrote:
My test was on a tues, I didnt take any mon (the day b4) but took them the whole week b4 except that fri. Took half of 1 on sat & half of 1 on sun. My test was sent off.

Chances are you will be fine. The lab may be able to tell, but since your pee is + for Sub metabolites anyway, it shouldn't make a difference. If they ask you about it, tell them the truth, but I've known people who have used other people's pee and just dropped some Sub in it and passed. I don't know if their test went to the lab though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was just curious why you are doing this. Are you doing a taper on your own, but want to keep stocking the sub?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

taurus,,,,if you were asking me,which I think you were.I sprinkled the Sub dust in because I have a room mate who doesnt have insurance and I give him 2 weeks worth of my perscription.Some times I run out a day or two early and cannot take an entire dosage,so I only take a small amount on those last couple days.I get pretty uncomfortable but I am willing to suffer a day or two if it keeps my room mate and friend of 23years off of heroin,and opana's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and I forgot , they give me the same day tests that just show + or -.No levels, if they did show levels I would be much,much more cautious.Even still I do not recommend this course of action.It is risky for a number of reasons,and also quite unethical.I dont know what to do,I helped him out once ,and now I seem to be stuck.I just cant tell him to get his own ,or to get his fix another way, but I did help him to start working towards getting on the program.That is the goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I was just asking either of you because it didn't make sense to me why you would be going to the dr to get more sub if you didn't have it in your system. But that makes sense. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sub1ForNow, I have an idea, maybe give the roomie say, 30-60 days notice to get his OWN sub appointment and explain that you get really uncomfortaboe for all of the reasons you mentioned above. I mean why risk BOTH of your sobriety getting caught. I mean if you get caught then neither of you can get the help you need...Just a thought. ANyways good luck guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Taurus...some days I dont need as much as others & some days I need more. I have scoliosis & 4 crushed discs. If u read my post I didnt do it on purpose.
Just worried if it will show up in my system, since I didnt take any the day before & if that piece that fell in will cause any problems or just show up as subutex as if I took it & have nothing to worry about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Question:

Sub1ForNow and I have similar stories, except I share with my husband. If I took the tiniest piece of sub on Wednesday, and have a TINY piece left, if I took it today, I probably wouldn't test positive Monday, would I? Should I wait for Sunday?

It's funny....I wouldn't do even 5mg of Oxy today b/c I would be afraid I would test + Monday, but am afraid to eat my last tiny piece today b/c I won't test + Monday...(it's a + or - test as well).......ugh!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anyone else have any info on my situation? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It was something similar to your situation. the background to my story is that she was going to the sub dr and telling all of us she was taking the sub. I later found out she never stopped the heroin and she had one test where she boiled vitamins in water and a peice of sub and strained it thru a shirt. she said she failed for cocaine and oxy for whatever reason, but they knew she had bupe in her system. other times she just used apple juice and the tests came back clean but no sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

if you put a pin point of blood in your urine .and get a lab to test it'. you would be questioned for possible kidney trouble. had this happen a long time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The ol' blood in the urine trick has yielded positive results for many an opiate seeker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Since what shows up in urine tests is norbuprenorphine, and what's in the pills an film is just buprenorphine..arent you wasting your time + effort by putting dust in the urine?

I said that as a question, but I should rephrase it I guess...you ARE wasting your time. You don't pee out pure buprenorphine..your urine contains the processed Suboxone, which shows up on the test as NORbuprenorphine.