It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: worried I feel too good
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am prescribed 16mg a day and sometimes take less it just depends on my pain level, I also usually dose 3 times a day since I am also using it to control my pain. My problem is it makes me feel good. Your probably thinking how is that a problem. I do not feel high but definitely can feel it, especially my first dose in the morning. It is more like a relaxing, kinda calm feeling. This worries me because I know that I don't feel normal and want to. I have tried lower doses and it doesn't change it. It is better than the first few weeks but I still feel my dose. Also I think about sub thru out the day, again not like i would with oxy but I don't take it and forget like people say. I never take more than prescribed and lots of times I take less. It seems that I don't feel it as much when I am busy but when I am kicking back watching tv or something the feeling is there. I have no idea what to do about it and fear there is no answer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Breezy,

For most of the 3 years I was on Suboxone, I felt my doses too. I usually dosed twice per day, sometimes 3, but I wasn't taking it for pain. I never let it bother me too much because I was light years ahead of where I was while chasing Oxy's and the like.

I was gonna suggest you try to lower your dose, but you already tried that and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I know I don't really have any advice to offer, but I thought if you knew you weren't alone in what you're feeling that it would make you feel a little bit better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 am 
I honestly believe that your body just got used to being in constant withdrawal. I know mine did, I felt wonderful the first 2 weeks and just normal now. Hang on girlie!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo, thank you for the post. It does help to know I am not the only one. Reading thru here I kinda thought I was. I don't really see a solution either, it's not so much that the feeling bothers me I mean who doesn't like to feel relaxed. I guess I feel more guilty because I still don't feel completely sober. I don't know guess it is what it is.

Robin, thanks for the post, I have been on sub for over 3 months now so I don't think its gonna change. Also I was an extremely lucky addict, I always managed to find more pills and the only time I experienced withdrawls was the 36 hours I waited from stopping my oxy and starting sub. It was horrible, you poor thing having to feel like that for so long.I am so happy sub is working so good for you and you are finally feeling good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I usually felt my Sub dose too. When I first got on it, before I got my dose stabilized, sometimes I felt almost noddy on it. That went away, but still I could always feel a difference after I took it, though the effect was less noticable after a while.

Even way down at the microgram doses I could feel it. Of course, I was probably in mild withdrawals and when I took the Sub I felt better, but still.

Anyway, I didn't let it stop me from working on my recovery. In fact, I think the feeling of well-being helped me cope because a lot of my life was a hot mess at that point. I pushed myself to stay motivated and make progress and learn and that seems to have served me well.

Look at it this way - it's like training wheels. Eventually you're going to learn to ride the bike on your own, but you don't have to worry or feel bad about having this extra support and safety right now. If you've ever seen a kid learn to ride a bike with training wheels, you know that they lean on them a lot at first, then less and less as they get better at balance. The parent can even raise the training wheels up higher so they don't contact the ground as easily. Eventually the training wheels barely ever touch the ground at all and from there it's a short jump to riding free.

Sub can be like that. You practice your life skills, set goals, move forward, all of that. And when you get to where you feel ready, you lower your dose. Then practice some more, taper, practice, taper, etc. When you're ready to remove the supports, you can. It takes patience and can be kinda tedious, but you can make a smooth transition. (If that's what you want, some people just stay on Sub which is great too.)

OR, you could be like Romeo and just get fed up and rip your training wheels off one day. Then wipe out on your bike a bunch of times before you figure out what you're doing. Ha hahahaha. Just joshin Romeo - at least you keep getting back on the bike, right???

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh Dairy Queen, how in the world do you always come up with these amazing, smokingly hot analogies?? I LOVE the story about the bike and the training wheels!!

100% honest, before I even got to the point where you mentioned me, I thought the EXACT same thing!!! Tapering slowly allows you to learn how to deal with life a little bit at a time. Doing what I did, I entered this shit storm called life doing 128mph on my Schwin bicycle and took a header for the pavement.....a couple of times!! Good thing my face broke the fall. LOL!!

Yes, I do keep getting back on the bike!! One of these days I'll learn how to ride the damn thing!! I am bound and determined and probably slightly nuts.

Breezy, keep working your recovery dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi diary, I agree with Romeo 100% and want to thank you for posting above. It made me feel a lot better about it. I had never thought of it in those terms. It also helps to know there are others that felt their dose. I thought maybe there was something wrong with me. I am so grateful for this forum forum and all the kind, caring people here. You are all amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[b][font=Arial Black] [/font] Im actually probably the most experienced, most understanding with how Suboxone truely works, Mainly because I've been on it for about a year now, but to everybody Out there trying to debate with starting on suboxone, This is the only True, Not fake, Not BS medicine that they came up with to make money, N defintely Not a medication they came up with TO HURT US. IF you feel high off of it, your supposed to, if you feel a withdrawal from it because you took more then recommended to take or just feel withdrawals from it THE REASON IS, THE MORE WE TAKE OF THE SUBOXONE THE MORE IT SEEMS TO JUST NOT DO ANYTHING OR THE MORE IT JUST MAKES US FEEL LIKE SHIT, well if your a narcatic pain pill addict like me, THE MORE PILLS I TOOK, THE MORE GOOD I FELT, AND THE MORE HIGH I CHASED, N THE MORE DAMAGE I DID TO MYSELF FROM USING LIKE I DID. SUBOXONE IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE, lets just say its a life teaching, in my opionion the only actual answer to all of us addicts,the only medication thats gonna work for us, because its reacting off of your mind and how ur thinking in a lot of ways. This medication is actually teaching us something, makin us realize there's a lot more to this medication then ppl think, Its healing our brains and bodys from all the pills from our main cause of our addictions before we started taking suboxone, Suboxone is actually lettin us slowly ease back to our sober selves without us realizing it haha Its basically like a friend grabbing our hands, easin the pain of comin off pills, teachin us how to take medications the right way kinda, Like for instance when I take my Suboxone, I take a quarter piece of a strip a day sometimes 2,exactly what Im prescribed to take,always take what your prescribed because this is a life learning process that teaches you something every dose and thats the damn truth, and when I put it under my tongue N let it disolve, I've got to this point where Im so focused on other things besides the high im waiting for and the suboxone in my mouth that all the sudden when Im least expecting it I feel this nice calm relaxing high that lasts a good amount of time, No withdrawals, No feeling like shit, but now that Im down to lower doses, it taught me Not to think about more more more so I can get more high, because obviously that doesnt work, it makes u feel like complete shit and start to withdrawal if you take more more more of the suboxone, but in this whole process, Its made me really learn and be able to CONTROL my mind, something I just couldnt do before on the pain pills. This is the real truth everybody, take it from someone who has researched it till theres just nothing else to research and whose been on them for a long time. THIS IS THE ANSWER. And whats sad, Is theres Not enough suboxone doctors in the world, They are the most hardest doctors to find.. its because its not for the money, suboxone doctors are in to help us and cure us. Not like all the millionaire crooked or regular doctors who are making millions and billions of dollars from all the money addicts pay just to get that narcotic high because they're mind is so fogged up from the pain pill bullshit that they can't even see whats bein done to them right in front of their eyes. So many doctors are the reason why people are addicted, N Im not talkin down on doctors, but to I guess Money is what makes the world go round. IM ready for the true loving and caring people back around. :) haha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

BayBayBlu1992_love wrote:
lets just say its a life teaching, in my opionion the only actual answer to all of us addicts,the only medication thats gonna work for us, because its reacting off of your mind and how ur thinking in a lot of ways. This medication is actually teaching us something, makin us realize there's a lot more to this medication then ppl think, Its healing our brains and bodys from all the pills from our main cause of our addictions before we started taking suboxone, Suboxone is actually lettin us slowly ease back to our sober selves without us realizing it haha Its basically like a friend grabbing our hands, easin the pain of comin off pills, teachin us how to take medications the right way kinda,

Thanks for that BayBay. I love reading positive stories about people's recoveries.

Give yourself some credit to your recovery though man. You made the choice to get onto Suboxone. Suboxone in itself isn't teaching you anything. It's giving you the time to teach yourself. You're the one working the miracle! Suboxone just gives us the breathing space and distance from our addiction to finally work the miracle.

I often hear things like "Suboxone saved my life", "Suboxone got me clean". While I agree to an extent, to me it's important not to credit our survival and recovery completely to a drug. Suboxone is just a chemical. We are the ones that chose to save our own lives by choosing recovery, and choosing Suboxone, and we still choose to stay in recovery every day. And that's no mean feat. Pat yourself on the back sometimes, not just the box of Subs :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Don't worry about feeling too good because you will make up for it when you find it 10 times as hard to get off of then your drug of choice pluse the 3-6 months of feeling like death due to the paws you will get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on suboxone since 2005 and was switched to subutex a little over a year ago because the suboxone had been making me feel awful since about the 6th month on... It only got worse and worse with the side effects and feeling depressed, sick ect.. Anyways subutex is 100x better! Cleaner feeling! And Im disgusted by the addition of a second drug that I don't think is safe to take daily long term just to make more money by calling it a new medication!!! Then scaring doctors into thinking that everyone is shooting subutex cause they don't make $ on it anymore and suboxone is a superior med. prescribing subutex is dangerous(bull crap!) oh it gets me so angry sorry... Back to the topic. I have a lot of time on suboxone both higher and lower doses and yea the first year or so I would feel really good or buzzed... But slowly it goes away over the years. Now I'm on subutex and I could take 8 8mg tabs at once and not feel a thing! No exaggeration. Not that I did that but... My daily does was 4mg day for 1st year and I got a strong buzz every day from it. Then at some point I went to 8 mg and for maybe 6 months it was like a few hours of feeling happy.. My doc upped it again and I was on 16mg (I took it all at once which I was told was fine) that dose lasted for a few years and every day I got a nice mood boost after every dose. My doses fluctuated up and down after that, taking 3-4 tabs at once just to try and get that couple hours or happy mood I used to get.. Well that worked well (I did have more side effects) so i would drop down to 8mg o pr 4mg for a few weeks or months and eventually I got to where I am at now. It doesn't matter the dose I take now and hasn't for a long time.. I get nothing from my dose which is high now(40-48mg a day taken in two seprate doses. Honestly I got very used to and reliant on that time after that i could feel good and be on a nice mood. It just kinda stopped and it frustrated me big time. I couldnt let it go.... And waste a lot of pills I don't need that do nothing but i continue doing it. I decided it has to stop and lower my dose and tspper down and try to get off eventually. I hear all these new people raving about this med but the good times will end and there are a lot of side effects they don't tell you about ... Take care and do the right thing stay on low doses and plan a tapper when ur mentally ready to quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

dude being on 40-48 mg is pointless. Studies have recently come out that proves that the ceiling dose, which used to be at 32mg, has now been discovered to actually be 16mg. At 16mg 100% of your opiate receptors are filled. Anything above that doesn't add anything. Take my advice, don't waste your money and the side effects will be worse the higher you go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah you are high on a opiate 10x stronger then morphine in mg standards. Your still addicted just now you open a wrapper and take your drugs instead I chasing then. People who think their clean on SUbs are clearly mistaken. It's jut a substitute, if we were prescribed 2 Roxys a day weed be fine too! It the same thing, this is defietslly the most misunderstood drug on the market by far , it stuns me what some people beleive the drug to be. I take 16 Mgs everyday and I love it I'm legally high for a year now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oclafsti - This is another OFFICIAL warning. You need to immediately cease and desist telling people they are high on suboxone. You are the one that clearly doesn't understand this medication as partial agonist and as a treatment for opiate addiction.

Another moderator has already explained why you are in violation of the rules. Please review them if necessary, they were posted when you registered and visible again every time you make a post. Another warning could result in you being banned from the site.

Please direct any questions to a moderator.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.