It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So here is my dilemma, I'm worried sick because I went over a friend's house and walked in at a bad moment( I arrived late, so they thought I wasn't coming.)anyway I got a heavy wift of weed and then I frooze for a moment with absolute sheer TERROR, before I realized then BOLTED right the hell out of there. Someone came after me and asked me what was wrong I explained DUH I'm fucking SOBER! THAT is what is wrong! I don't do DRUGS of ANY kind. Been sober 36 days, they said just don't do it, I said I won't made that very clear. My friends were supportive and congrated me on my decision but even so, damage is already done.

So I went in the bathroom and, yes this sounds dumb but, put some tp in my nose so it couldn't get in my system. I went back in 10 minutes later STILLLL smelled, I left again to "get some food." then came back. Well, they offered me weed I outright absolutely refused. I then promptly left the room, I even (and yes this sounds stupid, but put some tp in my nose so nothing would drift up it. Now, when I drifted back into the room it still smelled heavy of stupid weed. I made another excuse to "get food" left again.

Ten minutes later I came back, I kept my mouth shut, what I'm angry about is that they fucking smoked AGAIN a few hours later. I left the room. Didn't come back for 15 minutes, still stank of that garbage. I'm so afraid this stupid incident will cause me to test positive for stupid f*ng WEED of all things! If it comes back positive I get BOOTED from my Suboxone program!! They won't even wean me off or anything, NOTHING. Leave me high and dry, and from what I'm seeing this stuff is HORRIBLE to come off of.

I'm just so angry about this and just scared shitless cause as if my doctor will believe me, now my appointment isn't even until October 1st but she has this douchebag working who called me like TWO days after I got my scrip refilled for a damn pill count! I was like uhmm...why are you wanting me to get this when I just got it filled?! She acted all confused and told me I should go Tuesday, I said ooohk I could just go get this done -now- get it done and over with. She said no Tuesday, but then she said it's best to wait until you only have ten left. So as I said idk. On Tuesday I will have like 48 left. Weiiird. Anyway, that is not my main concern. :( HELPPPP!!

I'm sorry I realize this is run on sentence after run on sentence, but I'm freaaking out here! I've done SO awesome on suboxone, not messed up or anything. The problem with weed is that it's like stupid cigerattes. If you inhale its IN YOU. Drugs, no one can force you to take them, but weed, all you gotta do is WALK IN at the WRONG time! Obviously, I'm avoiding her place for now. But the damage could be done, I cannot even explain to my doc because she is on medical leave for 6 week! So I am screeeeeewwwweeeeeeeddddddddd in the woooorrsssst waaaayyyyyy!! The only thing I ask is please don't post the i told you so things. I get it I messed up, that isn't going to help my dilemma in anyway to make me feel even worse. I just have no idea on how to deal with this situation, I'd be grateful for any useful suggestions on how to deal with this after, besides avioding those places. That is a given. Does this set my sobriety back to day 1 again? =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Secondhand pot smoke is not going to make you fail your UA. My husband is a total pothead and would smog out the living room on the regular when I was on Sub and I never failed a UA. It's a threshold test, so you'd have to have ingested or smoked it yourself to show up positive.

Sorry your friends are so inconsiderate.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank You!! I was soooo worried about this. Literally anxiety ridden!!