It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can anyone help me out? I'm currently In Austin and am traveling to Houston to help volunteer by cooking and whatever else I can do. My issue is that I run out of Suboxone in 6 days. Do you think if I go to my doctor and explain the situation to him that he will be willing to write me a new prescription that I can fill, that way I don't run out of medication while I am there? I am self pay, so insurance is not involved.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:52 am 

Awesome thing for u to do Chefboyarde :)

I think since that's a unique situation, only ur doctor can answer that question so if I were u I'd just call him up and ask. U definitely don't want to run out of medication because if u feel bad u won't be much help to volunteer (nobody wants to feel bad). I'd just call and ask, or stop by and ask. I honestly have no idea what ur doctor will do but I do think it's worth asking and trying.

Good luck!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You're very kind to want to come & help. I agree, call your Dr. but don't expect to get an RX filled in Houston. There's no way to get meds in now for those of us that live here, so be sure & get it in Austin prior to coming into this war type zone.

I know you want to help, but I would advise that you take care of yourself first dear. Rivers, lakes, Bayou's etc. are slowly receding but it's still extremely difficult to get around. We have not left the house since Thursday.

Again, thank you for wanting to help but take care of yourself first. That's my best advice...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 am 

Very awesome to point that out Dee!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:27 pm 

In this tragic case I would think the powers that be would approve. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Dee, our hearts are breaking for you and all of affected Texas. Never have we seen flooding like this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for your opinions. I contacted my insurance company and they said they will authorize an early refill for me as long as my dr approves it. I tried calling my dr's office and they said that I would have to come in and speak with the DR himself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
In this tragic case I would think the powers that be would approve. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Dee, our hearts are breaking for you and all of affected Texas. Never have we seen flooding like this.

Thanks for your kind words Rule! It's definitely a once in a lifetime event (I sure hope). The problems here are so many & so great there just are no words. I love when I get a minute to sign on & see my friends here. My racing mind gets a well needed break. I prayed for restful sleep last night & it worked.

Lots of confusion, looting, flooded freeways & bayous. I'm still surviving on the food I stocked up on. Starting to get very creative!

Bless you all for your kind thoughts & words.

OP (original poster), if you come I certainly want to be the first to thank you. In ways the worst is over. But now other problems are coming such as food shortages and just too many problems to mention...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. My dr approved an emergency 2 week supply for me and my insurance ok'd it as well. I'm leaving Sunday and am SUPER excited to help cook and feed all the hungry! If you want to help or meet up. Feel free to text me, two*eight*one *nine six* five* eight* four* four* nine*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh thank you so much Chefboyarde226! Your coming to help feed the stranded is a gift from God. I was able to buy food yesterday so the grocery stores are being stocked now and everyone is calm.

It's the approx. 32,000 in these shelters that need the help so desperately. Your services will be greatly appreciated. Please be safe & be sure to take care of yourself too. We want you to be safe too.

We've had a tremendous influx of police officers from all over the state & possibly the country. Looting will be a horrible problem. A gun store was looted last night. That's all we need are more guns on the streets...